Are you a Vegetarian?

Are You a Vegetarian?

• Total voters

Param

In India vegetarianism is mostly for spiritual reasons not all this animal pity shyt.So it doesn't affect aggression.I have reduced consumption for health reasons not for animal rights or religious reasons.
Yes it does food habits are related to aggression.

Again, why are you assuming vegetarians can't be active-aggressive? Adolf Hitler?
I think Hitler became a veggie later in his life after brainwashing himself that he was 'Aryan'.I believe he was was not a vegetarian when he was wounded numerous times and fought bravely in as a soldier in WW1.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Yes it does food habits are related to aggression.
That doesn't apply to humans. It applies to animals that require that aggression to hunt, it's a survival requisite. You can be a total wimp and still be your local KFC's patron of the year.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
In wild most aggressive animals are hrrbivorous....example wild buffallo, rhino .....Most of the experts in African Wildlife say buffalo is the most aggressive animal....

Param

That doesn't apply to humans. It applies to animals that require that aggression to hunt, it's a survival requisite. You can be a total wimp and still be your local KFC's patron of the year.
Man is also an animal. 2000 to 3000 years of civilised life has not changed everything.
I do agree the modern trend of buying meat does'nt have the same effect that was there when people in small communities used to butcher poultry and livestock themselves.

In TN there is a particular community that mostly eats curd rice and rasam and Sambar. Though very intelligent,those guys are generally not known for their aggression.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Man is meat eater...there are no two ways about it.

People who solely eat vegetables should be taught otherwise...one should have balanced diet ie non-veg, veg and fruits.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Man is also an animal.
In case you didn't read the full sentence, I said "It applies to animals that require that aggression to hunt".

2000 to 3000 years of civilised life has not changed everything.
Orly? Are you sure that if thrown into the wild, you can do what our ancestors did before 3000 years of civilization? And that predation is somehow embedded into our instincts? In that case Bear Grylls' Man vs. Wild is redundant, isn't it?

In TN there is a particular community that mostly eats curd rice and rasam and Sambar. Though very intelligent,those guys are generally not known for their aggression.
Let me counter your example with another. Today's Scandinavians are among the most pacifist people on Earth, yet they are voracious meat eaters, and mostly atheist.

Again, you cannot link aggressive tendencies and human behaviour with eating habits. It does not compute.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Man is meat eater...there are no two ways about it.

People who solely eat vegetables should be taught otherwise...one should have balanced diet ie non-veg, veg and fruits.
vegetarian diet is completely balanced and nutritional..meat is not completely nutritional...take a look at sushil kumar he is vegetarian.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
In wild most aggressive animals are hrrbivorous....example wild buffallo, rhino .....Most of the experts in African Wildlife say buffalo is the most aggressive animal....
Shooting a Cape Buffalo is on my bucket list.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I'm an omnivore. I eat anything that can be considered somewhat edible, with very few exceptions.
My doctor (who is Indian) often cautions me about eating processed foods. That is as important as meat or not.

Param

In case you didn't read the full sentence, I said "It applies to animals that require that aggression to hunt".
A few hundred years ago before the use of fire arms, humans were butchering other humans in the battefield.When the opponent can fight back and even kill it requires more aggression. Is that too different from predators hunting prey in the wild?

Orly? Are you sure that if thrown into the wild, you can do what our ancestors did before 3000 years of civilization?
From my earlier post_2000 to 3000 years of civilised life has not changed everything.The word I had used was everything and not anything. I am the KFC type and quite docile.But there are others who can behave and survive like our ancestors did a few thousand years ago.

And that predation is somehow embedded into our instincts? In that case Bear Grylls' Man vs. Wild is redundant, isn't it?
In adverse conditions there have been documented cases of hungry people killing other people and cannibalizing. So, yeah when the situation arises those "embedded" instincts will come out.

Let me counter your example with another. Today's Scandinavians are among the most pacifist people on Earth, yet they are voracious meat eaters, and mostly atheist.
From earlier post_I do agree the modern trend of buying meat does'nt have the same effect that was there when people in small communities used to hunt or butcher poultry and livestock themselves.

Btw their ancestors, the Vikings, were Scandinavians.

Again, you cannot link aggressive tendencies and human behaviour with eating habits. It does not compute
Is Your Diet Linked To Aggressive Behavior? | LIVESTRONG.COM
Its one of those subjects that have not yet been conclusively proven.

Param

vegetarian diet is completely balanced and nutritional..meat is not completely nutritional...take a look at sushil kumar he is vegetarian.
Addition of appropriate quantity of meat to that diet will not make it unbalanced.Humans are not Carnivores. There are thousands of Non veg eating sportsmen and women who can be sighted as example.

I'll never eat goat again.
My mother said the same after watching a goat being butchered. Never had mutton after that.

Last edited:

natarajan

then how people sacrifice goats every year on bakrid and eat them ?

Mean while i am pure non veg and i occasionally eat veg

W.G.Ewald

Professional
tracking [Cape Buffalo] on foot??? if yes you are a real brave man. I would drop my gun and run for the nearest tree if a cape buffalo stares at me :D
My fantasy involves a double rifle, maybe a Beretta, in. .416 Rigby. I am quickly approaching a point where being strong and steady enough to hold such a weapon becomes questionable, not to mention bearing the expense of such an expedition. Still, Cape Buff on the barbie has a certain panache.8)

trackwhack

Well, if you like hamburgers give 'em a try sometime. Me, I can't usually eat 'em 'cause my girlfriend's a vegetarian. Which
more or less makes me a vegetarian, but I sure love the taste of a good burger. - Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction, 1994

I kid you not, this is my situation ... to the T. :(

Global Defence

New threads

Articles