Are you a true INDIAN?

Parthy

Air Warrior
Hello Friends,

I just wanna put some thought back into our mind to know what we are doing actually? We batter all issues and our corrupt politicians in this forum.

Lets put a question back to us "AM I A TRUE INDIAN?" but how do we weigh it!!

Here are some points which came to my mind,

1. I have "Never defaulted in IT payment (or) shown wrong audit data to escape high IT amount?"
2. I have "Never accepted & offered any gifts/bribes/favors in my work place or to finish your work?"
3. I have "Never produced undervalued document for any of my property to escape high registration fee/tax?"

--Answer yourself for these questions.

Please add some more points which comes to your mind and lets have a poll... If you have any changes and corrections to my questions, please correct it. Lets see whether we are truthful to our nation before pin pointing our politicians.. :namaste:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Is true Indianness measured only by the tax someone pays honestly? What about the daily wage guy who pays no tax coz he doesn't earn that much?

pmaitra

Does being 'cheated' by the IT department count? No kidding.

Oracle

Hello Friends,

I just wanna put some thought back into our mind to know what we are doing actually? We batter all issues and our corrupt politicians in this forum.

Lets put a question back to us "AM I A TRUE INDIAN?" but how do we weigh it!!

Here are some points which came to my mind,

1. I have "Never defaulted in IT payment (or) shown wrong audit data to escape high IT amount?"
2. I have "Never accepted & offered any gifts/bribes/favors in my work place or to finish your work?"
3. I have "Never produced undervalued document for any of my property to escape high registration fee/tax?"

--Answer yourself for these questions.

Please add some more points which comes to your mind and lets have a poll... If you have any changes and corrections to my questions, please correct it. Lets see whether we are truthful to our nation before pin pointing our politicians.. :namaste:
1. Mine is TDS(Tax deducted at source).
2. I am not in a job where people would pay me bribes. Instead poor performance, if any would reflect on my appraisal. Never did, till date. I was however forced to pay bribe to get my passport re-newed, getting electricity and water connection for my house. Could not help it. My old man is old now and I stay hundreds of miles away.
3. No fixed asset.

So, am I a true Indian? Can that anyway be measured? Being an Indian is recognizing yourself with a single identity for which our forefathers bleed. I do not think there are parameters through which it can be weighed.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The original post equates ethics with patriotism. What a compelling idea!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
How Indian you are measured against corruption is a non starter.

A corrupt army officer who made a lot of money, fights in a war and bravely at that and gives the supreme sacrifice. Is he "True Indian" or not?

Oracle

Is true Indianness measured only by the tax someone pays honestly? What about the daily wage guy who pays no tax coz he doesn't earn that much?
This is a fckuing gem of a post. Kudos bruva!

Parthy

Air Warrior
Ok then.. I may be wrong in putting this up. Any idea of weighing up this factor then??

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag

A corrupt army officer who made a lot of money, fights in a war and bravely at that and gives the supreme sacrifice. Is he "True Indian" or not?
Now that you are sacrifice against corruption as which one heavier. A Officer who fights a war as a front line soldier is definitely aware of the fact that he can die any moment(depends upon his skills), then why would he take bribe if he knows that he`s going to die. Generally new young recruited soldiers dont involve in corruption. Its the senior officers who indulge in that due to the powers and responsibility they are given and those who are not in the combat unit.
But if it happens as quoted by you then he`s definitely not a son of Mother India. A person who could sell his/her mother can never be an Indian.

An individual must understand that the money gave in an illegal way becomes black money. This money can be used to do 'anything'.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
So, am I a true Indian? Can that anyway be measured? Being an Indian is recognizing yourself with a single identity for which our forefathers bleed. I do not think there are parameters through which it can be weighed.
Still any suggestions?

Iamanidiot

If being a true Indian means being a cow pee connoseiur sorry iam not

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
1. If you goto a bar, and a girl says she is into Indian - will you identify yourself as one ?

2. If there are riots, and people are asking your nationality - will you identify yourself as one ?

3. If Pakistan wins the world cup after defeating India- will you break the nearest TV set ?

etc

ashdoc

Country flag

corruption is an indian trait . you are not indian if you are not corrupt :p

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Now that you are sacrifice against corruption as which one heavier. A Officer who fights a war as a front line soldier is definitely aware of the fact that he can die any moment(depends upon his skills), then why would he take bribe if he knows that he`s going to die. Generally new young recruited soldiers dont involve in corruption. Its the senior officers who indulge in that due to the powers and responsibility they are given and those who are not in the combat unit.
But if it happens as quoted by you then he`s definitely not a son of Mother India. A person who could sell his/her mother can never be an Indian.

An individual must understand that the money gave in an illegal way becomes black money. This money can be used to do 'anything'.
Idealistic. The reason I posted that was the generals who are invoked in a lot is scams did their bit for the country. They didn't become generals just like that.

"True Indian" is one who does not sell his country, will not indulge in anti national activity and harm the peace of the country. As far as corruption goes, it is there in each and every country. In the US they call it lobbying. In India we are just not "polished" when it comes to corruption.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

What will prevent a corrupt army officer from betraying his country?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What will prevent a corrupt army officer from betraying his country?
Do you know the history of those who sole their country? They were not corrupt. I am referring to the US and Soviets where they "sold" their country on ideological grounds or for wanting to prevent wars.

Ryzard Kuklinski a polish guy. Worked for the CIA. Read up on him. Was he a traitor who sold his country or a hero?

Coming home, we heard of army guys being honey trapped. They were not corrupt but sold te country.

This whole branding exercise about who an Indian is is flawed. According to many Muslims are not Indians and Indian Muslims have to prove their loyalty everyday though they are not corrupt and may be paying taxes as well if they are rich enough.

All these issues are coming up because of corruption scandals and yes young blood boils. But those doing business will know the realities of life.

Let me tell you, when you are in school, you are raw and with a clean heart and very idealistic. You think you can do te world for the country. You come to class 12 and you want to do medicine. You want a seat in a good medical college. 25 lacs is the "donation". your father moves heaven and dart to pay for it. Why coz his son wants to do medicine. Ideology goes out of the window. While in college, you have shortage of attendance. You will not get your hall ticket. You catch hold of the computer entry guy and BRIBE him to change te attendance history. There goes your ideology.

It may be easy for those doing 9-5 jobs who will her their salary credited to their banks on the 1st of every month to sit behind a computer and talk about all the ideals. Step into the shoes of a small trader who has to secure orders in a highly competitive market. If he does not get the order, be will not be able to pay te fees of his kids, not provide them other amenities that other kids have, he will not be able to pay his rent or worse will not be able to pay interest on the loan he has taken. What does he do to secure the order. Be will resort to corruption. Why other competitors are also in the same boat and offering the same services and he has to go one better.

Those doing 9-5 in a company will have their owners securing contracts in such a manner so that those 9-5 guys have work to do or else he will habe to fire them.

The world is not ideal. Shit happens.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles