Are NRI'S more patriotic than natives or other way round ?

A.V.

No jay the thread is a open hearted simple question , i already asked all not to be personal its just an opinion based discussions

The aim to pitch the two groups of people , one close to the land and one away form the land and how their see their nation and how they approach various things

Country flag
I have come across lots of people that leave this country because they don't find a system that the western countries have and they find all points that are negative but they never tried to involve in the system and get things done straight. I am not complaining that NRIs are not doing good work while being away, but they could have done so by staying at home in the first place.
I always wanted that Indian govt do more to make it easier for NRI's to do positive things but ask any NRI that has tried to do something positive and he tell you about a wall of bureacracy(speaking from personal experience).

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
In some sense i will say YES because as they are out of INDIA they know what they really miss and know better of two worlds but we here may not be that crystal.

I may be completely wrong friends just my thought.

Galaxy

Country flag
Few of my relatives lives in U.S. for quite long time. Whenever i talk to them or see their activity, I feel they are as patriotic like me. That's why they are Indo-American and not american :)

They eat Indian food, watch Hindi Movies, follow their rituals, do keep close eye on Indian politics, geo-political and latest happening and what not.

Whenever they come to India, I never felt they are from U.S., it look like they are as Indian as me.

Now main question is How you define patriotism ?

Do They want India to do very well ?? Absloutely, All NRI's want India to do well even more than their location. Many NRI's are permanently settle. Still, Their patriotism is same.

They prefer India or their country ?? They live so they respect their country. But Once an Indian always an Indian.

Will they support India when any problem will arise ?? Absolutely.

As per Like is concerned, I would say. NRI like India more than Indian living in India themselves. When you are far, then only you realise the importance. India is great for everyone but looks best when it's far. It's something natural. I am sure, 90% NRI's will agree and i felt the same with personal experience. Most of the time, I see NRI's praising India more than people living in India.

So, NRI's or Natives both are equal patriotic. It's more to do with individual. As per Like, I think NRI's like India more than natives.

chex3009

Country flag
I always wanted that Indian govt do more to make it easier for NRI's to do positive things but ask any NRI that has tried to do something positive and he tell you about a wall of bureacracy(speaking from personal experience).
I know that LF, its not just NRIs the wall of bureaucracy even stands tall with resident Indians as well.

KS

Bye bye DFI
In major cases, if NRIs would have been more patriotic, then they would never have left this country in first place. Shouting from far is much easier.
Linking patriotism to their decision to go there is absurd to say the least.

Unless they settle there and obtain the citizenship of the country they are still Indians.

pmaitra

I love my country. Do I love my country more than those living in India? I am not qualified enough to judge.

However, some of the things that I have noticed amongst many (not all) Indians living in India:
  • They try to win an argument on the premises of a person's place of residence. When defeated logically, they resort to ad hominems.
  • There is a subtle feeling of envy amongst many.
  • Placing refuse in the trash can, or failing to do so, is a major parameter in my humble opinion. If an NRI tries to correct one who lives in India, he is likely to hear, 'Don't show off!'
  • However, it is true that some NRIs do show off, and often refer to Indians living in India using disdainful words and loathful intonations.
  • It is also my belief that the best of the best actually stay in India and join IITs, IISc, ISI etc., while the second of the best move abroad.
  • NRIs send remittances which boost the economy. One might argue they are tax free and are used by the recipient, yet, it still is a boost to the economy as well as taxable when used to purchase off the shelf items. So, these monies are not really tax free, as claimed by many.
  • Eventually, respect is a two way traffic. NRIs and non-NRIs should complement each other, not oppose each other. After all, united we stand.

A.V.

Eventually, respect is a two way traffic. NRIs and non-NRIs should complement each other, not oppose each other.
That was the eventual essence we tried to bring in the thread , the co-operation and the level of it and how its implemented

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What if NRIs are more patriotic than natives?

&

What if natives are more patriotic than NRIs?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles