Apple to become world's first $1 trillion company

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
LONDON: Apple will become the world's first trillion-dollar company when its shares top $1,000 each, Wall Street analysts have predicted.

The technology giant's shares were worth $633.38 last week as its stock price rose above Google's for the first time, the Daily Mail reported Friday.

Brian White, of Topeka Capital Markets, then claimed Apple's sky-high share price will hit four figures within 12 months - making the company worth $1 trillion.

He said in his report: "Apple fever is spreading like a wildfire around the world."

Gene Munster, of Piper Jaffray, followed that up by claiming Apple stock will hit $1,000 - but by 2014.

The company, based in Cupertino, California, is already the most valuable company in the world currently valued at $590.82 billion, according to the newspaper.

Just a year ago the shares were changing hands at $341. In January, Apple revealed it had more than doubled its profits to $13.06 billion, compared with $6 billion for the same quarter in 2010.

Tim Cook, Apple's chief executive who took over from the late co-founder Steve Jobs, said: "We could have sold more if we'd had more supply. We could not be happier."

Apple's growth is expected to be driven by sales in China, where January's launch of the iPhone 4S triggered a near riot in Beijing, the Mail said.

Earlier this year Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty predicted Apple could sell 40 million iPhones in China this year. Apple is also expected to move into the TV market after the launch of its set-top box Apple TV.

http://m.timesofindia.com/PDATOI/articleshow/12578645.cms

Blackwater

Now yusuf will distribute sweets to all apple users:cool2::p:namaste:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
iPhones are cool, afterall they use Samsung processors :heh:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think nrj want to say MANUFACTURED by SAMSUNG ... ;) ...:hmm:
Apple does not manufacture the phones. Designs and lets the Chinese do the rest apart from having Samsung manufactured processor an also the touch screen.

Specification and design all apple!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
A4 is a Samsung processor? It is manufactured for apple. Not designed.
Yes along with A4, all manufactured by Samsung in Austin :sad:

Apple is one of the largest customer of Samsung in supplying semiconductor components.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I mean a over priced gadget company to become number 1? Such things make me lose belief in humanity more. :D

nasavsisro

Means that it comes in world top economy like whole US have 14-15 trillion GDP, China in about 7-8 trillion and india 4-5 trillion. lets see where it goes after Stave jobs

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Apple products are for rich people who want to splurge money just for the sake of it even if it gives them less features othan other competant products. No wonder this exchange makes the Apple a trillion dollar company :D

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Apple iPhone 4S - 45K

Samsung Galaxy S2 - 28K

Now tell me who is rich ? :D

btw iphone 4s has half the features as that of android SGS2

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Apple disgusts me more than right wing religious wankers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles