Apple giving backdoor cellular access to Indian military?

bhramos

Country flag
NOTE: Image edited for security reasons

According to a group of hackers in India, Apple, RIM and Nokia could be providing backdoor access to the Indian government, allowing them to monitor user data. The Indian government might be insisting on this access in exchange for allowing Apple and other smartphone vendors to offer their products and services in India, they have allegedly given them access to cellular communications. The agreement appears to be called RINOA (Rim,Nokia, Apple).
Several documents have been found referring to RINOA and how information was gathered from some of these government bodies. I know India is a large country but I'm not quite sure what is more damaging — not having a presence there at all or betraying your customers' trust by allowing the local government to access data without their knowledge.

Apple giving backdoor cellular access to Indian military? | iMore

Last edited by a moderator:

mahesh

Country flag
I know India is a large country but I'm not quite sure what is more damaging — not having a presence there at all or betraying your customers' trust by allowing the local government to access data without their knowledge.

well what damage is being done by accessing the data ? nothing
indeed it is done for a good purpose.
if parents keep an eye on children, children should feel secure instead can't blame the parents for caring about them.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ LOL, government can hardly be compared to "parents taking care of children". :pound:

No government ought to play the role of your parent. MAi-baap sarkar is the most dangerous thing.

And what, really, is the "government"? Do you really want a pan-chewing corrupt babu peering over your private messages?

bhramos

Country flag
ok, Thanks NRJ, for editing the pic............

tiranga

Tihar Jail
Banned

According to a group of hackers in India, Apple, RIM and Nokia could be providing backdoor access to the Indian government, allowing them to monitor user data. The Indian government might be insisting on this access in exchange for allowing Apple and other smartphone vendors to offer their products and services in India, they have allegedly given them access to cellular communications. The agreement appears to be called RINOA (Rim,Nokia, Apple).
Several documents have been found referring to RINOA and how information was gathered from some of these government bodies. I know India is a large country but I'm not quite sure what is more damaging — not having a presence there at all or betraying your customers' trust by allowing the local government to access data without their knowledge.

Dont worry, they dont give a shit about the security of our country or for checking terrorism. They are using it to filter sonia maino criticizers and anti corruption heroes(like Annaji and his team) so , dont worry be happy

bhramos

Country flag
Dont worry, they dont give a shit about the security of our country or for checking terrorism. They are using it to filter sonia maino criticizers and anti corruption heroes(like Annaji and his team) so , dont worry be happy
yes you are true, i heard Soniaji is using RAW for here Party progress then country's progress....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles