Any Hindu can be priest: SC

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
I do not know how it works in medicine. At the end of the day, law is made for all entrance exams and there are not any exceptions. May be some exceptions can be added to the list. But it sets precedents and then more and more courses will demand the same.

But if there are interviews at any level, then my previous post becomes valid again. Since the panel would primarily consist of UCs, it will be essential for govt. to give reservations because of the inherent bias or discrimination tendencies of the panel.
No, law is not same for all entrance exams. All India level exams and state level exams are having different criteria and even all india level exams are having different criteria of reservation set up by their branches.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Supreme Court Tells Government To Kill Reservations For Super Specialty Medical Programmes

Noting that merit is more important that reservation when it comes to India's national interest, the Supreme Court yesterday asked the government to end quota based reservations.

"There should really be no reservation”

In a judgement on eligibility criteria for super-specialty medical courses in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Tamil Nadu, Justices Dipak Misra and PC Pant noted that “there should really be no reservation”, the Indian Express reported. “We reiterate the aspirations of others so that authorities can objectively assess and approach the situation so that the national interest can become paramount.” The bench noted that even though there had been several reminders to make super-speciality courses seats available primarily on merit, reservation is still very much "unchanged". "The fond hope has remained in the sphere of hope… The said privilege remains unchanged, as if (it is) to compete with eternity,"

Quality of medical services, and the need to improve higher education were cited as the reasons for this statement.

The BJP supports reservations

The BJP government has spoken out in defence of reservation last month, stating that they "...very firmly supports the constitutional reservation for the SC, ST, OBC, Backwards and Extremely Backwards classes,", as "reservation is important for the social, education and economic development of these groups."

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I'm not twisting anything, it's you who're twisting it by your own means. Whatever man, call me anything, it won't change the reality as I know you people want to label everyone who disagrees with you. You think reservation is essential for representation and so it should be there in education including branches like medical and engineering which I respectfully refuse.

I hope you would take some action against the personal attackers.
Galti ho gayi Shaktimaan!

Reactions: VIP

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
So we were only missing the reply from RSS poster-boy!!

Marrying a LC with decent job is same as marrying a road-side rifraf for you! Your post will go down as another gem on this thread.
Pls forgive my rant.

I for demand for equality and every thing.

See this is where you are getting wrong.

Let me explain once again. . .

Why did admins made you moderator?

I think there are more than few eligible people for your role.

Is it french flag that gave you the upper edge or some thing else?

It really reeks of some kind of social discrimination.

Why didn't they made some one mod from local Indian people.

One from south.

One from north and other ones from other regions .

Isn't that what we are talking about?

Everyone should be given equal chance.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Pls forgive my rant.

I for demand for equality and every thing.

See this is where you are getting wrong.

Let me explain once again. . .

Why did admins made you moderator?

I think there are more than few eligible people for your role.

Is it french flag that gave you the upper edge or some thing else?

It really reeks of some kind of social discrimination.

Why didn't they made some one mod from local Indian people.

One from south.

One from north and other ones from other regions .

Isn't that what we are talking about?

Everyone should be given equal chance.
Yeah yeah. Comparing LCs to roadside rifraf is your notion of equality!

Too bad I was expecting logic from you given your usual rants!!

Ancient Indian

Yeah yeah. Comparing LCs to roadside rifraf is your notion of equality!

Too bad I was expecting logic from you given your usual rants!!
Any hindu can be priest, had he got any kind of training. And follows all yama and niyama.

Our local devasthana trains people from all castes. No one stopping people to get training there.

A priest in a temple has more rules and regulations. He had to follow lots of rules.

Supreme Court has no say in these matters.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Any hindu can be priest, had he got any kind of training. And follows all yama and niyama.

Our local devasthana trains people from all castes. No one stopping people to get training there.

A priest in a temple has more rules and regulations. He had to follow lots of rules.

Supreme Court has no say in these matters.
Where did I say that SC should dictate to us on who can be a priest!!

Ancient Indian

You have already shown your true colours, so you can relax and take a break.
What colors you are saying?

I stick to my point. That is it.

If you post some thing that is similar to my view, i will like it.

If it doesn't, I contradict with you. No hard feelings at the end of the day.

I hardly know a thing about you guys in reality.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
I do not know how it works in medicine. At the end of the day, law is made for all entrance exams and there are not any exceptions. May be some exceptions can be added to the list. But it sets precedents and then more and more courses will demand the same.

But if there are interviews at any level, then my previous post becomes valid again. Since the panel would primarily consist of UCs, it will be essential for govt. to give reservations because of the inherent bias or discrimination tendencies of the panel.

It`s not about law but about logic

IF gov provides reservation at undergraduate/post graduate level in medicine post that admission in super speciality course should be now on merit based only .

similar in gov jobs at certain point promotions should be only on merit because gov has already provided benefit and brought LC already at an equal point with up cast person

And if still LC cann`t compete on merit then all benefits provided him in form of reservations is waste.

About interviews n all one can make sure a law where if any LC cast person is going to give interviews in any gov job then intervweing panel must all consist of LC person its compsition can be 50% also all interview`s should be video and its proof must be kept as future reference purpose only

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
It not about law but about logic

IF gov provides reservation at undergraduate/post graducate level in medicine post that in super speciality course it should be now on merit only .

similar in gov jobs at certain point prmotions should be only on merit because gov has already provided benefit and brought LC already at an equal point with up cast person

And if still LC can compete with merit then all benefits provided him in form of reservations is waste
And how do you deal with casteist thugs sitting in higher echelons of bureaucracy?

Merit sounds good on paper but there are practical problems in implementing it. Go through this thread to know the kind of BS people still believe in. Do you really think they will be happy promoting a SC?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
similar in gov jobs at certain point promotions should be only on merit because gov has already provided benefit and brought LC already at an equal point with up cast person
Promotion in civil service (group A) is based on merit and not on caste criteria.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Can we add a open poll if any Hindu can be a priest.

My vote is yes.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Promotion in civil service (group A) is based on merit and not on caste criteria.
And how do you deal with casteist thugs sitting in higher echelons of bureaucracy?

Merit sounds good on paper but there are practical problems in implementing it. Go through this thread to know the kind of BS people still believe in. Do you really think they will be happy promoting a SC?

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad so its problematic in implementing (merit) then what @Screambowl is false ??? right

gov of india Can formulate a law that committee fprmed for selecting of lok pall would have 50 % or more from LC plue minorities

What stops same gov consiting of MP`s from SC/ST/obc to propse same law while promotions are begin done form IAS

And if in IAS as @Screambowl as promotion is on basis of merit that mena sc/st/obc are still lacking in in somewhere and reservation is not helping them

Alos i donot need to read whole thread i know/ imagine what would had been posted

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad so its problematic in implementing (merit) then what @Screambowl is false ??? right

gov of india Can formulate a law that committee fprmed for selecting of lok pall would have 50 % or more from LC plue minorities

What stops same gov consiting of MP`s from SC/ST/obc to propse same law while promotions are begin done form IAS

And if in IAS as @Screambowl as promotion is on basis of merit that mena sc/st/obc are still lacking in in somewhere and reservation is not helping them

Alos i donot need to read whole thread i know/ imagine what would had been posted
No, he is right. There are no promotions in A grade services based on reservation. I gave you the reason before why reservation in promotions is a complicated issue due to different votebanks of different people.

One thing they are definitely lacking is presence of UCs in the top bureaucracy and who do not want to let it go. There is a lot of casteism once you rise up in hierarchy.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles