Anti-Modi Resolution in America

sam80

This is Ideal Example of American Policy which Hugely Controlled extremist christens which Pushing completely Out of reach Foreign country Affairs with baseless things .

WASHINGTON: A controversial Congressional resolution, which among other things asks the American administration to maintain its policy of not issuing visa to BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, now has more than 50 co-sponsors.

Rush Holt from New Jersey and Barbara Lee from California are the two lawmakers to have signed onto the resolution (H Res 417), thus taking the number of co-sponsors to 51.

The bipartisan resolution was introduced by Congressmen Keith Ellison from the Democratic Party and Joe Pitts from the Republican Party last November. (Christen Extremist)

Since then it has not only become an issue of contention among various Indian American groups, but also several lawmakers have questioned the intention of introducing such a resolution.

Several Congressmen have withdrawn too as its co-sponsors, but with Holt and Lee this week being the latest entrants, the total number of sponsor to this controversial resolution yesterday stood at 51 from nearly 30 states, of which 26 are Republican and 25 are from the Democratic Party.

The resolution also asks to include religious freedom and human rights as part of the Strategic Dialogue between the two countries.

It praises India's "rich religious diversity and commitment to tolerance and equality," while raising concerns over the "erosion" of religious freedom.

The resolution, the bipartisan Congressional Research Service (CRS) in its summary, recognises the suffering of Indian citizens who have been victims of religious violence, and also highlights the alleged role of Modi in the 2002 communal violence in Gujarat.

It declares that the House of Representatives shares the opinion of the Department of State and the US Commission on International Religious Freedom that the Gujarat government has not adequately pursued justice for the victims of religious violence in 2002 and expresses concern regarding reports about the alleged complicity of local officials.

It commends the US government for exercising its authority in 2005 under the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 to deny a US visa to Narendra Modi on the grounds of religious freedom violations, and encourages it to review the applications of any individuals implicated in such violations under the same standard, the CRS said.

The resolution commends the role of India's National Human Rights Commission and the Supreme Court, which has led to some convictions in Gujarat riot cases and the arrest of high-level leaders in the Gujarati administration.

The Times of India: Latest News India, World & Business News, Cricket & Sports, Bollywood

Evangelicals, Indian expats behind US visa ban on Modi

Last edited:

trackwhack

Narendra Modi becoming India's PM along with Putin finally putting his foot down will begin the process of dismantling of the Empire. So, of course, they must be worried sick.

The Yankee lobby and all their strategic partner wet dreams being flushed vigorously down the toilet - by themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

sam80

These American are Really Crooks not Trustworthy At All . They trying interfere in Indian Internal Matters .

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Representatives Tulsi Gabbard and Brad Sherman raised serious concerns about the April 4 timing of the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission hearing on Religious Freedom in India.

Both representatives, who are members of TLHRC, suggested that the hearing may have been timed with the upcoming Indian democratic election and urged committee members not to attempt to influence it.

"Any attempt by the United States to have an effect on the Indian elections will backfire," said Sherman while questioning panelists.
Congressmen Question 'Hidden Agenda' Behind Hearing on India

W.G.Ewald

Professional
The Coalition Against Genocide (CAG), today condemned the Hindu American Foundation for opposing the Congressional hearings on the plight of religious minorities in India and for obfuscating the issues around violence against minorities. As CAG has established in its recent report titled "Affiliations of Faith (Parts I and II)," HAF is primarily a front for the Hindu nationalist movement (also known as Hindutva) led by the RSS in India. Contrary to its claims about being a human rights organization, HAF has consistently served as apologists for the violent politics of the Sangh Parivar (the broad family of RSS organizations that includes HAF and its US based affiliates such as the VHP-A).
Indian American coalition condemns HAF's sophistry "explaining" Hindu nationalist violence | TwoCircles.net

trackwhack

That is just damn funny.

I suppose Yanks are just supposed to lie down and take abuse on DFI.:okay:

The bitter little fellow from Jersey City was supposed to come home to India and find peace.

Looks like there wasn't a geographical solution to his problem after all.:hmm:
[MOD Edit: Stop it!]

Americans are devious manipulative tools. You get all peeved when you get found out? Still smarting from the smack that you got from Putin.

The US is an embarrassment.

Secondly, I worked in the US because I had the skills to outcompete below average americans who could not hold a candle to my superior thought process and intellect. Go figure. Oh wait, your congressmen are trying their best to keep Indians away from competition, and are failing miserably.

And lastly, it is the yanks who are begging India for strategic partnership, not the other way around.

laughingbuddha

Country flag
[MOD Edit: Stop it!]

Americans are devious manipulative tools. You get all peeved when you get found out? Still smarting from the smack that you got from Putin.

The US is an embarrassment.

Secondly, I worked in the US because I had the skills to outcompete below average americans who could not hold a candle to my superior thought process and intellect. Go figure. Oh wait, your congressmen are trying their best to keep Indians away from competition, and are failing miserably.

And lastly, it is the yanks who are begging India for strategic partnership, not the other way around.
Strategic partnership? The way things are going, expect more of BRICS instead.

pmaitra

Representatives Tulsi Gabbard and Brad Sherman raised serious concerns about the April 4 timing of the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission hearing on Religious Freedom in India.

Both representatives, who are members of TLHRC, suggested that the hearing may have been timed with the upcoming Indian democratic election and urged committee members not to attempt to influence it.

"Any attempt by the United States to have an effect on the Indian elections will backfire," said Sherman while questioning panelists.
Congressmen Question 'Hidden Agenda' Behind Hearing on India
I would broaden the scope and say that any attempt by the United States to do anything almost always backfire.

There are way too many things to list, but I will list a few:
Cuba
Iran
Afghanistan
Georgia
Ukraine

pmaitra

Those desirous of using skid-row language are requested to go to an appropriate forum.

I would add, post on topic. Where a person lives, or what he does is not the topic, and is an ad hominem comment.

prohumanity

Country flag
The arrogance and bullying by West is helping consolation of BRICS, SCO and other groups. The dream of West to dominate and control the World and make it in the image of West is going to turn into nightmares. This decade is Wests last hurraw. Time to believe in equality and justice for all (I mean all the nations not just G-7 old boys country club)

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
I have a problem with the argument where it gets suggested the US is interfering, being sarcastic on the US being a strategic partner and all that. These are countries, such as the west as a whole, China, Russia, the Persian Gulf, who have all for decades, in some cases for centuries, pushed their agendas overseas, and they have found many in other countries who are eager to further those agendas for them. Why question the US or the others, why not question ourselves, it is because we are allowing ourselves to be influenced that the external influence is happening, the weakness is within.

No one wants to see a strong you, no one, be it even Russia, if so dream some! All they want to see is a country which is more willing to listen to their tantrums, go about doing stuff as dictated and that's about it. Don't fall for ideas that there are countries who want to see a strong India.

More important points are, how are we as people doing, how are our chosen representatives doing to further our country's interests, are we even putting in the right kind of people to represent the country.

We are more than willing to be divided on as small an issue as possible, a decent chunk of society illitrate, those who are educated are far removed from developing an understanding for what is happening, and even the well educated struggle with a well defined critical thinking. An important issue like the foreign affairs never even gets discussed in our electoral debates of whatever little that happens, and for the general public our foreign policy at best starts and ends with Pakistan. If we were happy with a puppet as a prime minister for the past 10 years, then does this country even deserve not being used, abused, misused by others? Come on, no one is so kind out there.

And seriously, Modi doesn't need any sort of approval from anyone out there. This chap is a very strong willed person. He has withstood them for over a decade, done without their visa all this time, has enough to withstand them for whatever time he gets to be the PM, if it so happens. But mind you, far from being emotional, this person is a far more pragmatic person. He will bargain for the country it's share of pie, and no, it won't be a visa, which the US will anyway have to give for they can't go ahead by openly antagonising a country of over a billion people, more so at a time when they need us with open adversaries with Russia, and when China is busy giving them a push from the top slot they hold.

Think and debate of how to further your country's interests even if such constraints exist, how to use the west, China, Russia to further our interests. Modi would certainly be doing that, least bothered about getting a visa for the US.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I don't like to comment on religious lines but sadly Hindus are passive when compared to Abrahamic religions, that is why the countries with Abrahamic majority even after being secular nations are able to affect other nations in the name of religious equality while India fails to protect Hindus of Pakistan or Australia or Sikhs in the USA for secularism. Indian govt should criticize such resolutions but I wont be surprised if tomorrow it comes out as INC lobby's work.

lookieloo

This is Ideal Example of American Policy which Hugely Controlled extremist christens which Pushing completely Out of reach Foreign country Affairs with baseless things
I'm thinking you need to find something else to cry about. Politicians rising to national prominence have to live with the consequences of their past words/actions as pissant local functionaries. Nothing new about that.

sam80

I'm thinking you need to find something else to cry about. Politicians rising to national prominence have to live with the consequences of their past words/actions as pissant local functionaries. Nothing new about that.
I hope , your words makes sense to you . It's Indian Politics not American . Control your Christen Trolls in congress.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Narendra Modi becoming India's PM along with Putin finally putting his foot down will begin the process of dismantling of the Empire. So, of course, they must be worried sick.
You are really under-estimating Americans and grossly over estimating Russians. Russia is only good till bullying weak neighbor like Ukraine. Russian's don't have any major allies who will join them against West on the other hand Americans have UK, France, Germany, Japan, etc who will rally support behind US. Economically, Technologically and militarily Russia is at disadvantage. Lets remember this is not 1941 that only strategic depth will them win the war.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You are really under-estimating Americans and grossly over estimating Russians. Russia is only good till bullying weak neighbor like Ukraine. Russian's don't have any major allies who will join them against West on the other hand Americans have UK, France, Germany, Japan, etc who will rally support behind US. Economically, Technologically and militarily Russia is at disadvantage. Lets remember this is not 1941 that only strategic depth will them win the war.
And US is any different. It is also good at bullying weak neighbors only? Has Iraq had more Human rights violations than China or does it have more weapons of mass destruction than China?:rolleyes:

I doubt US will have the balls to deny Visa to Modi if he becomes PM. But modi should not visit US . India should look to Europe for finances and east asia for technology and leave US stranded.

Last edited:

lookieloo

I hope , your words makes sense to you . It's Indian Politics not American . Control your Christen Trolls in congress.
Not mine, yours, or anyone's to control. Your party needs to start vetting its candidates more carefully. This is common practice in 1st-world politics, but I'll understand if the concept seems foreign to you.

For example: this is why you'll rarely see reputable US politicians make negative remarks about mohamedians. Even though such remarks would probably be quite popular, it would make them unsuitable for higher office where it is important not to antagonize overseas interests.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles