Another chinese carrier buster is on the way from sokor

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
By: RadioNetherlands on Thursday, August 18th, 2011

The South Korean military is developing anti-ship cruise missiles, a news report said Wednesday, after sea trials of China's first aircraft carrier sparked regional security concerns.

Development of the supersonic missiles is expected to be complete in three or four years, Seoul's Chosun Ilbo daily said.

"Fully-fledged research on the development of supersonic anti-ship missiles has been underway at the Agency for Defense Development (ADD) for years," the newspaper quoted an unidentified South Korean government source as saying.

"The supersonic anti-ship cruise missile is aimed at defending the country against naval threats from other countries in the region rather than North Korea."

Both ADD and Seoul's Defense Acquisition Program Administration declined to comment.

The missile is modelled after Russia's Yakhont cruise missiles and is designed to fly low above water at a maximum speed of 2.5 times the speed of sound, with a range of up to 300 kilometres (186 miles), Chosun said.

Detecting and tracking the missile will be difficult, according to the source.

China put a revamped Soviet-era aircraft carrier, Varyag, to sea earlier this month, sparking concerns over China's military buildup and widening naval reach.

Beijing has sought to play down the carrier's military implications, saying it will mainly be used for training and research. But Japan and the United States have called on Beijing to explain why it needs a carrier.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It seems that China has opened a Pandora's Box in the Pacific...

agentperry

this will surely irritate china as after so much investment and labor they got this carrier and now every potential enemy has a kill of it... lmao... yay

debasree

Country flag
excellant japan should built such missiles immidiately chineese can built many but of no use ,it will have to sit idle in ports and if they come out in conflict their parmanent place will be sea bed.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
I don't think any country have the guts to use their "AC killer" on Chinese AC.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I don't think any country have the guts to use their "AC killer" on Chinese AC.
No one is gonna use it when it is docked in China,genius.
I think a few nations would muster up the courage when the AC is on their shores with J-15 bombing its cities.

That will be a perfect chance for China to kill some stupid nations.
How do you "kill" nations?
You mean its population? This is sick.
Just try lobbing one nuke at any country anywhere and face the collective wrath of 6 nuclear armed nations just looking for an opportunity to strike.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
No one is gonna use it when it is docked in China,genius.
I think a few nations would muster up the courage when the AC is on their shores with J-15 bombing its

How do you "kill" nations?
You mean its population? This is sick.
Just try lobbing one nuke at any country anywhere and face the collective wrath of 6 nuclear armed nations just looking for an opportunity to strike.
6 nuclear nations? LoL! Who r them? Which of them want to sacrifice their own nation?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
6 nuclear nations?
US, Russia, India, Israel, France, UK maybe even Vietnam when the push comes to shove.

Which of them want to sacrifice their own nation?
With your 300 sub-megaton nukes?
Really?
The day you cross the nuclear threshold, prepare to be vaporized.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
US, Russia, India, Israel, France, UK maybe even Vietnam when the push comes to shove.

With your 300 sub-megaton nukes?

Really?
The day you cross the nuclear threshold, prepare to be vaporized.
Really? India is a nuclear nation? Where is ur nuclear warhead ? When did ur success tested ur nuclear device?

BTW, Pakistan has real and fully tested nuclear warhead and missile.Guess where they r come from?

300 nuckes? LOL. Every one knows nukes is fatal for geo politic.,do anyone really think China will just makes 6 nukes per year?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Really? India is a nuclear nation? Where is ur nuclear warhead ? When did ur success tested ur nuclear device?
Its in my refrigerator.

BTW, Pakistan has real and fully tested nuclear warhead and missile.Guess where they r come from?
Yeah, no one ever argued otherwise, your point is?

300 nuckes? LOL. Every one knows nukes is fatal for geo politic.,do anyone really think China will just makes 6 nukes per year?
Okay, you guys have 300000000000000 nukes, each worth 100MT and we have none!!!!!
But guess what?
We still have Arunachal Pradesh.

Every one knows nukes is fatal for geo politic
And on another thread you were making tall claims of laying half of the world to waste with your WMDs.
Suffer from dual personalities?

Reactions: nrj

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
Its in my refrigerator.

Yeah, no one ever argued otherwise, your point is?

Okay, you guys have 300000000000000 nukes, each worth 100MT and we have none!!!!!
But guess what?
We still have Arunachal Pradesh.

And on another thread you were making tall claims of laying half of the world to waste with your WMDs.
Suffer from dual personalities?
China needs both WMD and nukes.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
China needs both WMD and nukes.
So you don't have them already?

Enough trolling, btw
Lets get back on the topic.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
LoL, we have both and tested in front of the world.
I don't understand what you are trying to prove here.
1)First you want to destroy the world,
2)The you say nukes are bad.
3)Then you say you need WMDs
4)Then you post that you already have them.

And how is all this relevant to the anti-carrier missile this thread is about?

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
I don't understand what you are trying to prove here.
1)First you want to destroy the world,
2)The you say nukes are bad.
3)Then you say you need WMDs
4)Then you post that you already have them.

And how is all this relevant to the anti-carrier missile this thread is about?
LOL, is this a anti-AC missile thread or an AC thread.
I don't understand.LOL.

Reactions: nrj

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Another chinese carrier buster is on the way from sokor

This is very much a Anti-AC missile thread as the title and the content of the article suggests.

"The supersonic anti-ship cruise missile is aimed at defending the country against naval threats from other countries in the region rather than North Korea."
Naval Threats= China.

debasree

Country flag
I don't understand.LOL.
u better try on it tiwan ,the us and all its nato allied and its friends in asia will jump on u ,and then u got real music on urs chinky land ,u have many canonfodder ,i agree but u know nowdays tech rulls ,go for it ,and that will be the end of the dragon

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles