Angelina Jolie Not Happy With Her Visit to Pakistan

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Jolie spills the beans

It is said a friend in need is a friend indeed. Similarly, friendly advices are often hard to come, as people prefer to play to the gallery or try to avoid an embarrassing situation by calling a spade a spade.
Hollywood superstar Angelina Jolie, however, was categorical and realistic to the core when she made a candid observation on her visit to flood-ravaged Pakistan. Jolie, who raised funds for the deluged Pakistanis, said that she was not happy with her visit as she felt that authorities concerned were more interested in photo ops with dignitaries and are less or least bothered about the impending human tragedy at hand. This demands genuine courage to say it so many words. And Jolie did that right away.

In her report to the United Nations, Jolie who is also UNHCR's goodwill ambassador and has been to flashpoints across the world, recommended the UN to ask Pakistani government to cut down on their luxurious expenses before asking for aid from the world at large. What compelled her to say it in no small words is anybody's guess. But she has inevitably made a point. The dual-standards at work in Pakistan, and for that matter in any developing country, when it comes to addressing pressing issues of humanitarian aid, is no rocket science to observe and interpret. Moreover, governments profess of austerity measures and at the same time indulge in extravaganzas at the cost of taxpayers' money. Jolie says she was perturbed to see that no less than the prime minister's family was interested in dining with her in fanfare and bonanza, and had the audacity of doling out expensive gifts. No doubt, Jolie is a celebrity but she was in Pakistan at a time of national tragedy, and that too to offer a helping hand. It is quite natural that she was disturbed to see dichotomy at work in the corridors of power. And that too at a time when the incumbent political dispensation is in the range of fire on alleged charges of corruption and mis-governance. She is right in saying that charity begins at home. One can only hope Jolie's advice and regrettable feelings would spur "¨some introspection.

Pintu

Now who will be Happy, are the Common Pakistanis really feel themselves 'Happy' ? no only the Fundamentalists, Army-Land Mafia-ISI racket, illegal Arms Dealers are Happy with the present situation.

Regards

Oracle

And Pakistan thinks she is their goodwill ambassador!

Simon

I agree with you that Angelina Jolie gave that statement and my advise to Government of Pakistan to decrease your extra expenses so that you should not need for help

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I observe Ms. Jolies' love for pakistan and pakistani kaum deteriorating after a short stint in "fort of Islam" i.e pakistan, she must have realized, if " land of the pure" i.e pakistanis don't care about "Allah's secret" i.e pakistan and pakistanis, but are more interested in Photo-ops and giving her costly gifts rather than feeding their hungry and saving them from drowing, she must have surely realized: WHAT THE "F" IS SHE DOING IN THIS GODFORSAKEN LAND OF DELUDED KNOW as pAKISTAN.

Last edited:

Oracle

There are 2 types of countries in the present world order.
1. Pain in the arse
2. Pain in the arse, becoz' of the arse.

Pakistan comes in the former category.

Iamanidiot

Oracle what exactly are you saying

a)Pakistan as a nation has piles?

Or

b)Pakistanis have piles

Or

c)Pakistanis are like piles

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
:emot203::emot203:

Or

b)Pakistanis have piles

Or

I think all of the above! :emot203::emot203:

Last edited:

Oracle

Or

b)Pakistanis have piles

Or

P gives birth to both Piles and Pakistan(is). Take your pick mate!!!
Both though are synonymous to the world community.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles