Android Club

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I have a HTC Aria (AT&T) and a Lenovo Ideapad K1 tablet. The HTC Aria is almost 2 years old now and shows signs of wear and tear - but still works well.

The Ideapad is new (3 months only) and is AWESOME - blows the Ipad away in terms of speed, features and customisability.

Will probably get a Samsung Galaxy S II next (or I may go the Windows phone way and get a Nokia Lumia 710).

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
:lol:

Google Engineer Debunks Myth: Wiping Battery Stats Does Not Improve Battery Life

There you have it, in the title. Google engineer Dianne Hackborn, who has previously explained Android's hardware acceleration, took to Google+ again to clarify some myths about the Android operating system. This time, it's a point of common advice that you'll see in virtually every FAQ thread about custom ROMs and flashing: wiping battery stats in order to improve battery life.

The reasoning behind that piece of advice was something like this: If you, at some point, did not charge your Android device fully (for example, only to 80%), it would supposedly remember that battery level as "fully charged" – in this case, you'd only ever get to use 80% of your battery, which is of course less than optimal. So, if you wipe the battery stats, usually done in ClockWord Mod Recovery, the device would "forget" the previous level, here 80%, and instead charge to the full 100% once again, thereby re-calibrating the battery. Or, as Hackborn puts it in more technical terms:

The battery indicator in the status/notification bar is a reflection of the batterystats.bin file in the data/system/ directory.

However, as she explains, that's not the case. Because those battery stats, stored in the batterystats.bin file, are only used to maintain information about what is using the battery when not recharging. That is, it essentially holds the information displayed in the Settings > Battery screen. Nothing more, nothing less. Thus:

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you.

It has no impact on your battery life.

What's more, you've probably noticed that the battery usage data is reset once you recharge your device anyway. From this you can correctly deduce that the battery stats are wiped as well – every time your device is recharged. More or less every day. If there was any effect, you would've noticed it without going into recovery and doing that stuff. Typical placebo, eh?

Google Engineer Debunks Myth: Wiping Battery Stats Does Not Improve Battery Life | xda-developers

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Can we connect our Keys air app directly to our Laptop or does it need a WiFi router all the time?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Now running my SGS2 on ICS 4.0.3! :D

This ROM was leaked from Samsung couple of days back. It is the closest ICS experience anyone can get! :yey:

Speed is bloody brilliant!

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Can we connect our Keys air app directly to our Laptop or does it need a WiFi router all the time?
Dude it does not necessarily need WiFi.

Kies Air uses cellphone's modem to seamlessly connect to your pc. It could be either WiFi network running on phone or your carrier's 3g data connection or Wifi Portable spot created by your cellphone.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Dude it does not necessarily need WiFi.

Kies Air uses cellphone's modem to seamlessly connect to your pc. It could be either WiFi network running on phone or your carrier's 3g data connection or Wifi Portable spot created by your cellphone.
So i can connect to Laptop directly? My phone is not displaying my Laptop name in the WiFi list when i want to connect, it only detects and connects trough my Neatgear wifi modem..

Neil

Country flag
hi.....i wanna buy htc wildfire not the 'S' only wildfire....but i guess its production is stopped....can i still get a sealed pack...??

if any one knows a mobile shops owners or something can u plz tell me about it....thankx...!!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
hi.....i wanna buy htc wildfire not the 'S' only wildfire....but i guess its production is stopped....can i still get a sealed pack...??

if any one knows a mobile shops owners or something can u plz tell me about it....thankx...!!
There is a sealed pack in Andaman Nicobar island in a shop called kuttas little cell phone brokerage. The packet is sealed completely and has dust proof cover. It is original onlee.

Neil

Country flag
There is a sealed pack in Andaman Nicobar island in a shop called kuttas little cell phone brokerage. The packet is sealed completely and has dust proof cover. It is original onlee.
kya GK bhai...m serious here....love that cell...!!

the production stopped just a while back...so m asking.....

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
kya GK bhai...m serious here....love that cell...!!

the production stopped just a while back...so m asking.....
Dude your supposed to be one of the blessed few who are educated in this country, can you go back and see if i where you how can i answer your question? First of all how was i supposed to know where your from? Telepathy? Also how would we know if its "packed or not"?

Neil

Country flag
Dude your supposed to be one of the blessed few who are educated in this country, can you go back and see if i where you how can i answer your question? First of all how was i supposed to know where your from? Telepathy? Also how would we know if its "packed or not"?
sir...i think u know there's a word called parcel so it doesnt matter where u stay...just wanted to know if its available or not....because in mumbai m not getting it...

sir... there's another word called 'sealed' pack...u dont need education to c it just eyes....

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
sir...i think u know there's a word called parcel so it doesnt matter where u stay...just wanted to know if its available or not....because in mumbai m not getting it...

sir... there's another word called 'sealed' pack...u dont need education to c it just eyes....
Where did you mention parcel here and how would anyone parcel it from their shop?

O pleasee dont use words like Sir..

Neil

Country flag
Where did you mention parcel here and how would anyone parcel it from their shop?

O pleasee dont use words like Sir..

i didnt i just wanted to know if the cell is available even after its production is stopped rest can be worked out mate...

u own mobile shop....??

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
:heh:
----
Android Headed To The US Government And Military

Android is going to reach the US officials this year, thanks to a project intended to offer them smartphones in order to communicate easier, better and use all the other features a smartphone can offer. First smartphones will be deployed to US soldiers, followed by federal agencies and local governments. At the moment neither soldiers or government workers are allowed to use smartphones to send classified messages due to security concerns.

The project is funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and is considered a priority for the government. DARPA was also involved in the development of the internet and the GPS. The certification has to be given by the National Security Agency, which is also working on a similar system, called Security Enhanced Android ( SE Android ). Both projects will be open source and the SE Android is already public, being published online.

According to an NDA spokeswoman, "the ultimate goal is to give war fighters, analysts and other intelligence professionals access to classified information on the go — boosting innovation in the field, efficiency and productivity."
Full article: Android Headed To The US Government And Military

Reactions: nrj

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles