Yakshis? Or Goddesses?

30 characters

Kay

Country flag
This is a gem of a thread
..30 characters

Tony HMG

Country flag
Someone also please post pictures of the swords,daggers, spears used by our great Rajput,Maratha Kings. I have seen these weapons in the Jaipur museum & pratapgadh fort in Maharashtra. I heard the swords were weighing 20 to 25 Kg. This is an awesome thread guys!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think i have posted a ton of it in last few pages, at least from Maratha empire ..

Someone also please post pictures of the swords,daggers, spears used by our great Rajput,Maratha Kings. I have seen these weapons in the Jaipur museum & pratapgadh fort in Maharashtra. I heard the swords were weighing 20 to 25 Kg. This is an awesome thread guys!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
During my recent tour, I visited state museum at Bhubaneswar Odisha, I will be posting some of the pics i took there, It includes artifacts made from stone, ivory and brass ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Sculptures from,1th and 13th, Unfortunately i cannot name the exact date of first pic due to flash but its stunning that so many elephants are being transported on wooden boats / ships across rivers during that time ..

No wonder, Elephants were center of war and construction so does religious gathering and play an important part in our culture even today ..

@Shaitan

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Sculptures from 8th century A.D, I would call this as a masterpiece as its so well made and polished, The depicted vain on the sculpture is so well done that its feels real and running ..

Despite its age, Its still looks quite new ..

@Shaitan

Willy2

This need have far more prospect than we imagine.
Considering that after sacking of Takhshashila, nalanda and many other universities all the document were lost and now we are on the mercy of cave picture and foreign account to get a idea ,how our ancient soldier look like .

1) All these picture , I have some idea about our weapons in past age , but what about armour ? many picture shows our soldier without armour , is it just for showoff that "our soldier fight with open chest" or we really used to fought like that ?
2) If the 1st option is true , then what kind of armour we used in past ? specially in Mauryan era ,when we ra**d greek forces of Selucus .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles