Anand vs Gelfand

trackwhack

Last August we witnessed Koneru Humpy going down to Hou Yifan in the Womens world Championship. Tomorrow starts the real deal - Vishy Anand versus Boris Gelfand. 12 games being played in the famous Tetryakov gallery in Moscow that hosts thousands of priceless Russian art.

Video of the opening ceremony. At 20:46 the national anthem plays :)

ChessBase.com - Chess News - World Championship – Opening ceremony, Anand has white

IBSA

Country flag
I'm beside Anand. I like his game-style, and think the best chessplayer after Kasparov, words of own Kasparov.

I met Vishy when he had been here in my city on last year - São Paulo, Brazil - to play the São Paulo/Bilbao Grand Slam Tournment. He is a good person, gave me autographs and take photos with me. :thumb:

trackwhack

I'm beside Anand. I like his game-style, and think the best chessplayer after Kasparov, words of own Kasparov.

I met Vishy when he had been here in my city on last year - São Paulo, Brazil - to play the São Paulo/Bilbao Grand Slam Tournment. He is a good person, gave me autographs and take photos with me. :thumb:
Wow, excellent. Can you please post those photos if you dont mind? :)

IBSA

Country flag
I think are lacking a bit of aggressivity to both players, because this two games were two boring draws

How I do to post my pics of Anand?

trackwhack

I think are lacking a bit of aggressivity to both players, because this two games were two boring draws

How I do to post my pics of Anand?
Upload the pic on any image hosting website and use the insert image button to enter the link address.

The first game was not boring, it was quite nice. The second one lost steam very early.

trackwhack

4 games, 4 draws. game 3 was nice but ... :bored:

IBSA, upload it on tinypic. put the link here

trackwhack

So after six draws the deadlock is broken. Gelfand wins his first game. 5 games to go and it will be difficult for Anand to comeback now.

trackwhack

Oh, what a stunning reply from Anand. He crushed Gelfand in 17 moves in game 8. The score is even again at 4-4 with 4 games to go. Amazing game today.

trackwhack

This might be the record for victory in minimum moves(17)...
at the end of the day many including vishy said it was a blunder, but my point is that black was in a tough spot anyway .. so credit to him for having pushed gelfand into a blunder. but yes 17 moves is a record for Wch matches.

IBSA, nice pic of Anand there. lucky you got to meet him.

trackwhack

btw, score tied at 4.5 each after 9 games. tomorrow anand plays white.

today was a very nice draw and a lesson in theory.

IBSA

Country flag

Anand "playing" against Gilberto Kassab, São Paulo's City Mayor.

But this game was not serious. It was just to shows for TV's cameras the "intelectuality" of our mayor. However, he don't knows play chess. He make impossible moves in this short 'game', and Anand smiled of him even. When cameras had been put in off, Kassab stopped the game. :laugh:

IBSA

Country flag

From left to right: Hikaru Nakamura, Vassily Ivanchuk, Magnus Carlsen, Mayor Gilberto Kassab, and Viswanathan Anand.

Had disputed also the tournament, Levon Aronian and Francisco Vallejo Pons, those don't appearing on the pic.

pack leader

Professional
India vs Israel for the championship of the ultimate gentlemen sport how fitting

good luck for both player and may the best men win

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles