America and its response to genocides

JayATL

Biggest proponents for Muslim genocides are Chinese ... Chinese being the worst of it. Look at their support, and I'm not speaking in spirit, but rather monetary support of Sudan. Here is Syria where Muslims are being killed in ways where people there and its neighbors are calling it a " a massacre, slaughter etc" .

Higher than mountains deeper than seas-- but when it comes to genocidal maniacs, no Muslims are to be free!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
US, China both are supporters of Genocide when it suits their national interests. I see no difference between China and US in this case.

JayATL

US, China both are supporters of Genocide when it suits their national interests. I see no difference between China and US in this case.
Such stupid absolute statements about the US that I fully expect from pakistani ilks- but then seeing an indian posting it -irates me

did you learn that US is genocidal when playing gully danda- because I won't believe any educated thought or studying of historical factual books would promote that...

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Such stupid absolute statements about the US that I fully expect from pakistani ilks- but then seeing an indian posting it -irates me

did you learn that US is genocidal when playing gully danda- because I won't believe any educated thought or studying of historical factual books would promote that...
Read up on the 1971 war

JayATL

Read up on the 1971 war
Yeah I did- did it not happen? Was India stopped from preventing it? whats the point? ah let me guess Us got afraid is that intelliegent assumption.. pffft

JayATL

The USA certainly tried it's best by sending an aircraft carrier, also :

National Security Archive
and thats what you call genocide supporting, that's how you qualify it ( sent ships but did not do jack with it). in that case India is one, they pushed for no action on Libya, Lord knows thats what they want in syria too, It continues and did so in the past by helping Tamil genocide in sri lanka...

there you go , my examples trumps yours..

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

May be you need to brush up some history on US's role in genocides - some it chose to ignore because it didn't serve its interests and some it chose to act because it is in its national interests and in one case it tried to stop India acting against the genocide to save its poodle Pakistan in South Asia in 1971 (see the lurker's post).

Here is the role of US during Rwanda Genocide

The documents published show that:

Contrary to later public statements, the US lobbied the UN for a total withdrawal of UN forces in Rwanda in April 1994;

Secretary of State Warren Christopher did not authorize officials to use the term "genocide" until May 21, and even then, US officials waited another three weeks before using the term in public;

Bureaucratic infighting slowed the US response to the genocide;

The US refused to "jam" extremist radio broadcasts inciting the killing because of costs and concern with international law;

US officials knew exactly who was leading the genocide, and actually spoke with those leaders to urge an end to the violence.

The US and the Genocide in Rwanda 1994

and the documents here - The U.S. and the Genocide in Rwanda 1994: Evidence of Inaction
And here is a total analysis of US's action or rather inaction during Rwanda genocide

Bystanders to Genocide

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
and thats what you call genocide supporting, that's how you qualify it ( sent ships but did not do jack with it)..
Sending a nuclear powered super carrier, encouraging other countries (like China and Iran) to militarily intervene is pretty strong sign of support

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
More on USA's farce of promoting democracy and human rights

WIKILEAKS: U.S. Fought To Lower Minimum Wage In Haiti So Hanes And Levis Would Stay Cheap

A Wikileaks post published on The Nation shows that the Obama Administration fought to keep Haitian wages at 31 cents an hour.
It started when Haiti passed a law two years ago raising its minimum wage to 61 cents an hour. According to an embassy cable:
This infuriated American corporations like Hanes and Levi Strauss that pay Haitians slave wages to sew their clothes
They said they would only fork over a seven-cent-an-hour increase, and they got the State Department involved. The U.S. ambassador put pressure on Haiti's president, who duly carved out a $3 a day minimum wage for textile companies (the U.S. minimum wage, which itself is very low, works out to $58 a day).

Last edited:

Rage

DFI TEAM
and thats what you call genocide supporting, that's how you qualify it ( sent ships but did not do jack with it). in that case India is one, they pushed for no action on Libya, Lord knows thats what they want in syria too, It continues and did so in the past by helping Tamil genocide in sri lanka...

there you go , my examples trumps yours..
Wtf?

Guy, you really need to read up on that history.

The Yanks sent an aircraft carrier there, to save their lil Paki chimps' butts while 120,000 of them were murdering 3 million Bangladeshis.That is support for genocide. Loving a country, doesn't mean not recognizing it's a Nasty Machiavellian piece of work when it comes to it's own interests.

JayATL

first of all the article says in the last statement that the wiki leak source claim came out a haiti paper NEVER actually quoting the wiki leak cable content itself. secondly is $ 3/ day not higher than India's own poverty line mark - by the factor of almost 3?

whats you pont here- US should be held to standards of sainthood... heh. weak.

JayATL

Wtf?

Guy, you really need to read up on that history.

The Yanks sent an aircraft carrier there, to save their lil Paki chimps' butts while 120,000 of them were murdering 3 million Bangladeshis.That is support for genocide. Loving a country, doesn't mean not recognizing it's a Nasty Machiavellian piece of work when it comes to it's own interests.
sending a ship and having zero action come of it - is not supporting the genocide. Supporting it would be and the US can and could have done- actionable action on the Indian military.

Btw- why don't you ask india to give up all the requests it has of the US, you know the genocidal supporter who is being supported by India military, business and political establishments? get off the ignorance...

Us please invest your business here
US please provide us access to latest military equipment
US please do a nuclear deal with us ( they lead the charge to open the NSG and have a pact without a NPT)
US please take us off the disallowed countries list and give us access to high tech dual usage technology
US please make it easier for us to get involved in Afghanistan
US please open your markets for the Indian goods
US please increase Visa for indians , we know over 60% of the Visas now given go exclusively to indians but we want more
Us please helps us with anti terrorism technology
US please send your FBI after mumbai attacks ( had it not been for the US, world would not have the irefutable proof and clout to say that Pakistan ISI, govt was behind it)

US please.....

but we will take what we want, think its our right to get things from you and if you disagree - we will be foolish to keep lashing out with false lables of " genocide pushers".... yup - you see we were busy learning about Chatrapati shivaji in school and skipped Nazi germany and the many such great anti genocidal acts you did--- Bleh!

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
first of all the article says in the last statement that the wiki leak source claim came out a haiti paper NEVER actually quoting the wiki leak cable content itself.
Denial :D

A simple Google search would have given you the desired results, but anyways here is an article in The Guardian

Haiti: what WikiLeaks' US embassy cables reveal | Kim Ives | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Conditioned by a century of superpower status, the US still acts as if it may dispose of Haiti as it chooses: as colonial dominion
Also, a link to the original cable
Cable Viewer

secondly is $ 3/ day not higher than India's own poverty line mark - by the factor of almost 3?
Learn to differentiate between poverty line and minimum wages (even then, isn't the interventation by USA alarming ?)

Eg: minimum wage of unskilled labour in the state of Haryana: :inr:178 or $3.6 .

Semi-skilled/Skilled work (like textile) would be obviously more

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
sending a ship and having zero action come of it - is not supporting the genocide. Supporting it would be and the US can and could have done- actionable action on the Indian military.
It would have if a Russian sub hadn't surfaced along its path, that's right, great US pussied out....

US please do a nuclear deal with us ( they lead the charge to open the NSG and have a pact without a NPT)
US please take us off the disallowed countries list and give us access to high tech dual usage technology
US please increase Visa for indians , we know over 60% of the Visas now given go exclusively to indians but we want more
This is the critical thinking you boast of?
Sounds like whining to me.

yup - you see we were busy learning about Chatrapati shivaji in school and skipped Nazi germany and the many such great anti genocidal acts you did--- Bleh!
Of course!!!
US entered the war to free the world of the Nazis and restore peace on Earth, the same reason they nuked Japan.

JayATL

Denial :D

A simple Google search would have given you the desired results, but anyways here is an article in The Guardian

Haiti: what WikiLeaks' US embassy cables reveal | Kim Ives | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Also, a link to the original cable
Cable Viewer

Learn to differentiate between poverty line and minimum wages (even then, isn't the interventation by USA alarming ?)

Eg: minimum wage of unskilled labour in the state of Haryana: :inr:178 or $3.6 .

Semi-skilled/Skilled work (like textile) would be obviously more
Fine you got the actual cable - whats the point? that not unlike any country will fight for its companies? Is that not what India would do. Its business and its over $3.00 a day... Besides what's with holding the US to standard that even India is far worse on... to its own citizens . You even had a recent article here where subisides are going to be denied to those making more $1.25 / day in india. whats your moral compass and where do stand on it..

cheery picking odd and end stuff makes the US the great satan- yeah whetever bud.

and $3.00 day was higher than what

JayATL

It would have if a Russian sub hadn't surfaced along its path, that's right, great US pussied out....

This is the critical thinking you boast of?
Sounds like whining to me.

Of course!!!
US entered the war to free the world of the Nazis and restore peace on Earth, the same reason they nuked Japan.
Yes its critical thinking. Its critical of thinking against your benefit- when you get 10000% in your favor then accuse a country of being genocidal... I think the word in hindi as I remember it is called Namak halal...

Get japan right- it was attacked by japan. It did not go in there willy nilly, 100's thousands of its citizens died in that war too...

Now Yusuf asked to stop going OT and so I'll be happy if you revionsit history crowd open another topic to be educated by me.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Every country fights for its own interest, whether its overt support of genocide or enabling economic exploitation of citizens (of small nations) by their mega corporations

USA does this, Russia and China do this, India does/will do it when it goes on the big table. All that is needed is a CNN/Fox News combo to dumb down the general populace

trackwhack

Btw- why don't you ask india to give up all the requests it has of the US, you know the genocidal supporter who is being supported by India military, business and political establishments? get off the ignorance...

US please send your FBI after mumbai attacks ( had it not been for the US, world would not have the irefutable proof and clout to say that Pakistan ISI, govt was behind it)

US please.....

but we will take what we want, think its our right to get things from you and if you disagree - we will be foolish to keep lashing out with false lables of " genocide pushers".... yup - you see we were busy learning about Chatrapati shivaji in school and skipped Nazi germany and the many such great anti genocidal acts you did--- Bleh!
Oh.... Jay.... You are factually wrong in most things stated above. I will try to answer each.

In 2010, the US invested $9 billion in India, India invested $4.5B in the US. Not quite as one sided as you expected is it?

We just threw your outdated planes out of the MMRCA. The C 17 deal got the US approx 30000 jobs for 20 years. Be happy. We are paying you for it. Its not a freakin gift.

Here you are talking outta your arse. The nuclear deal was negoitiated at our terms. The NSG or whatever regime still do not have access to any of our military nuclear installations. The CTBT, NPT, and whatever else excl;usion treaties that the US created, specifically targeting India have all failed miserably as we have not signed or ratified any. Our nuclear industry and technology have grown independently and have equalled if not surpassed American or Western know-how. Do some reading on BARC capabilities and how nuclear scientists around the world are in awe of our understanding.
The only reason we needed the deal was access to uranium - to convert over a period of time into reactor grade plutonium. Which would enable us to trigger our own thorium cycle. And the only reason that the US agreed to the deal was that it would bring mucg needed business to their flagging nuclear corporations. Have no illusions about this buddy - It is a FACT

Simple answer - Israel. They are better and a more trustworthy ally than you are. Also please point to that ultra high sensitive dual use technology that only the US has access to.

The Afghans have scant respect for the US. They have a lot of respect for India. When your broke Government finally packs up their bags and leaves we will fill in the gap whether you like it or not.

No idea what your smoking but its actually the other way round. The US is one of the most open markets in the world. At the WTO the US has been banging on India's door for more than two decades to open our doors.

Do you really think you have a choice on this. If you want intellectual capital, you better. Else get more clones from China.

What technology is that?

Apologies, I dont know much about this one. You may even be right here.

US please.....

Yeah, what else?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles