Also Pakistan by NFP

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Over the years many Dawn readers from within and outside Pakistan have been emailing me complaining that whenever they tried to look for pictures of Pakistan on the internet that have little or nothing to do with vicious looking mullahs, suicide bombings and mutilated bodies, they have failed.

I've been scouting newspaper libraries and personal photo collections belonging to the parents, aunts and uncles of friends and acquaintances for the last many years in an attempt to chronicle social and cultural shifts and trends in Pakistan before the years when Pakistan's cultural and social evolution began to become ruddily ridiculous by a quasi-Orwellian 'Islamist' dictatorship – a flippant happening whose deafening echoes can still be heard and felt in the now much anguished and tormented Pakistan.

There is very little memory left of a Pakistan that today almost seems like an alien planet compared to what it has been ever since the mid-1980s.

Here, I will share with you some interesting photographs that I've managed to gather in the last couple of years of that alien country. A place that was also called Pakistan.
also Pakistan I

Also Pakistan | DAWN.COM

also Pakistan II

Also Pakistan – II | DAWN.COM

also Pakistan III

Also Pakistan – III | DAWN.COM

also Pakistan IV

Also Pakistan – IV | DAWN.COM

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Pakistanis can thank Zulfikar-Ali-Bhutto and Zia-ul-Haq for destroying the moderate Pakistan. Now the image that is projected is total opposite - a terrorist haven.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
well i find the present society more moderate than the past one

except in fata region

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

except in fata region
You guys are still living in denial and deluding yourselves. Are you forgetting persecution of ahmadi's, shias, hindus, christians etc?. Are you forgetting about the worship of Qadri who killed Salman Taseer?. Are you forgetting the radicalisation of south punjab?. Are you forgetting the attacks on Pakistan on a daily basis?. Are you forgetting about the hate content in school text books?. Are you forgetting the blasphemy laws in Pakistan?. You must be forgetting.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
You guys are still living in denial and deluding yourselves. Are you forgetting persecution of ahmadi's, shias, hindus, christians etc?. Are you forgetting about the worship of Qadri who killed Salman Taseer?. Are you forgetting the radicalisation of south punjab?. Are you forgetting the attacks on Pakistan on a daily basis?. Are you forgetting about the hate content in school text books?. Are you forgetting the blasphemy laws in Pakistan?. You must be forgetting.
well the problem at present is the instability which leads to all the above mentioned problems

before WOT start the above mentioned problems were very rare
again if we go onto dialogue with the ttp and and stop the wot for the sack of usa
things will become normal

i Am happy that the future expected hote either the nawaz or imran khan both are anti USA

these are all temporary problems

blank_quest

Country flag
well the problem at present is the instability which leads to all the above mentioned problems

before WOT start the above mentioned problems were very rare
again if we go onto dialogue with the ttp and and stop the wot for the sack of usa
things will become normal

i Am happy that the future expected hote either the nawaz or imran khan both are anti USA

these are all temporary problems
still in delusion ! Anti-USA =! Development and growth hahahaha..

Pakistan becoming Normal ==

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
except in fata region
Society is moderate by ideology and not by wearing jeans or using western products. I think DD explained very well about the ideology that prevails.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles