Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Good to see TATA-Bajaj slug out out on the streets of Colombo.

When will the Delhi CM see the writing on the wall and phase out the Autos from Delhi roads and replace them with Nano Cabs.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I like NANO..

I may have it someday if its needed..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Good to see TATA-Bajaj slug out out on the streets of Colombo.

When will the Delhi CM see the writing on the wall and phase out the Autos from Delhi roads and replace them with Nano Cabs.
They should have these in all the good cities, Bangalore, Kochi, etc

anoop_mig25

Country flag
well give this tuk-tuk owners tatn nano on soft-loan. they should negotiate with tatas . i am sure tata would oblige them. problem solved

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

NANO is a perfect solution for Kolkata traffic..

Though ambassador is best and more comfortable than a benz :), It is !

But produce lots of smoke and big..

indian_sukhoi

Couldnt agree any more,.............Ambassador cars for many Indians was a symbol of comfort for the whole family. ;-)

But ambassadors can carry more weight and Luggage at back unlike the Nano.

TATA already developing a Cheap Car especially designed for Taxi role. Nano is good, but u cant use them has taxis in India.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
But ambassadors can carry more weight and Luggage at back unlike the Nano.

TATA already developing a Cheap Car especially designed for Taxi role. Nano is good, but u cant use them has taxis in India.
Why i think nanp suit is because mostly in Kolkata metro life one or two mostly rides on taxi most people like bus, Only if i see major use of Ambasador is at airport and railway station, NANO suits that place..

Though i agree, AC taxis should be ambassadors not TATA Indigo.. :(

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This would be better than Autos the only problem is economy. The car does not give great economy compared to an Auto, until TATA fixes that the 3 wheeled menace is here to stay.

sanjay

Diesel model is probably the most economical.

Why are the Sri Lankan tuk-tuk /rikshaw drivers upset? How come they don't have access to buying Nano's as well? Did that Nano cab company get an exclusive contract? Eventually, more drivers would switch to the Nano over the rickshaw.

Rahul M

just curious, the posters who are using the word tuk-tuk, where are you from ? because I haven't heard anyone in India use the word tuk-tuk, which seems to be of east asian origin. the only people who use the word tuk-tuk in India are foreign tourists.

Dinku

Tuk tuk know Bangkok.

Nano car good. Big than Tuk Tuk.

What cost Nano taxi kilometre?

More less Tuj Tuk?

sanjay

I've read the engine is more efficient than some motorcycles

amoy

NANO is a perfect solution for Kolkata traffic..

Though ambassador is best and more comfortable than a benz :), It is !

But produce lots of smoke and big..

Is your first pic for Ambassador? Is it with 2 doors only? Frankly the design looks archaic

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Is your first pic for Ambassador? Is it with 2 doors only? Frankly the design looks archaic
IT IS!!! A half a century old or more design!! Still in the political circles it's the symbol of power. All present day leaders still use it. Such is the " aura" of the good ol Amby!!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
just curious, the posters who are using the word tuk-tuk, where are you from ? because I haven't heard anyone in India use the word tuk-tuk, which seems to be of east asian origin. the only people who use the word tuk-tuk in India are foreign tourists.
I think in that video, auto-rickshaws were called as Tuk-tuks. That's what they call them in Sri Lanka as well as many other east asian countries.

pmaitra

It is the HM Ambassador. It is a 4-door sedan. It is very similar to the British Morris Oxford:

Rahul M

I think in that video, auto-rickshaws were called as Tuk-tuks. That's what they call them in Sri Lanka as well as many other east asian countries.
I am not sure but I don't think they call it tuktuk in sri lanka. the news segment is for western/western educated viewers so the use of tuktuk is understandable. bbc for example says tuktuk when doing a program on India although locals don;t use the term.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles