Alexandra Aitken prefers the spear of a Sikh warrior and a bag of bananas

Blackwater

Her father wielded 'the simple sword of truth'. But Alexandra Aitken prefers the spear of a Sikh warrior... and a bag of bananas

With a spear clutched in one hand, a bag of bananas in the other and iPod headphones tucked beneath a white and purple turban, Alexandra Aitken cuts a striking figure as she strides along an Indian country road.
The look – completed with pale pink glasses, blue espadrilles and a dagger slung over her white tunic – is a far cry from the tight dresses she favoured in her days as an 'It' girl around London.
The 32-year-old has changed her name to Uttrang Kaur Khalsa and swapped the world of nightclubs and parties for a simple life as a devout Sikh in the Indian state of Punjab.
But even in the holy town of Anandpur Sahib, she cuts an incongruous figure. Few Sikh women wear turbans and her decision to carry a spear puzzles many there because only male warriors usually do so.
Her own father, the disgraced Tory Cabinet Minister Jonathan Aitken, vowed in 1995 to use the 'sword of truth' against The Guardian when he sued the newspaper for libel in a row over his dealings with Saudi arms traders.
In 1999 he was jailed for seven months for perjury after he was revealed to have lied repeatedly.
Miss Aitken took her family, including twin Victoria, by surprise when she announced in January last year that she was marrying a Sikh warrior.
She had first spotted Inderjot Singh in 2009 when she was practising yoga at the Golden Temple in Amritsar before meeting him on a second visit.
Their wedding was arranged with such haste that her parents were unable to attend. In an interview shortly after her marriage, Miss Aitken admitted they had been upset.
'When I said, "Daddy, I might be wearing a turban the next time you see me" it was a bit of a shock,' she said. 'But my father loves my husband – it's impossible not to. He's happy for us.'
At the time, Miss Aitken was calling herself Harvinder, but has since changed her name to Uttrang, which she says means 'victorious return of the warrior after battle'.

It is understood her husband – who has also changed his name to Janbazz – refused to call her 'Harvinder', claiming the name was meaningless.
On her website, Miss Aitken says she lives with Nihang Sikhs – the sect to which her husband belongs – but is staying at an ashram run by a sect of yoga Sikhs in the village of Bani.

Read more: Her father wielded 'the simple sword of truth'. But Alexandra Aitken prefers the spear of a Sikh warrior... and a bag of bananas | Mail Online

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Psychosis due to drug use might explain her behavior.

The 32-year-old has changed her name to Uttrang Kaur Khalsa and swapped the world of nightclubs and parties for a simple life as a devout Sikh in the Indian state of Punjab.
In both worlds she craves attention.

ashdoc

Country flag
why does a beautiful girl want to leave a life of nightclubs and parties and lead a rigorous life of a sikh warrior ??

she must be crazy . does she know about the position of women in indian society ?? though better than in places like saudi arabia women are still denied basic human rights in many places in india .

and punjab is where many honour killings take place and girl children are killed for being female .

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Ridiculous. What the hell is wrong with that girl. Also, what is it about converts that they are always more fanatic than the original followers of the religion?!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
she can continue to take drugs, some nihang sects take copious amounts of weed !

ashdoc

Country flag
interestingly i once got a proposed by a white blonde blue eyed american girl---who was a doctor.....

she wanted to convert to hinduism and live the life of a hindu woman in mumbai , and practice medicine with me in my clinic .

Iamanidiot

Marathis are very nationalist either Hindu or Buddhist definetly the land of shivaji and Ambedhkar .I wish somebody spread that Buddhism to AP

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
interestingly i once got a proposed by a white blonde blue eyed american girl---who was a doctor.....

she wanted to convert to hinduism and live the life of a hindu woman in mumbai , and practice medicine with me in my clinic .

ashdoc

Country flag
he he---no jokes , its for real :lol:

problem was that she wanted to live the life on an orthodox hindu woman and follow all the rituals strictly . she asked me to teach me all the rituals of orthodox brahminical hinduism since i am a brahmin . she said she wanted to live the life of a brahmin woman and wear the saree etc .

problem was that i dont know these rituals nor do i live the life of a brahmin . my lifestyle is partially westernised and during those days when i was younger i used to go to discos etc . and i dont follow religion strictly---i am more like an atheist .

so i simply could not fulfill her wishes and had to decline her offer .

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ in the scriptures you can only have sex with your wife for procreating and that too only 10 times in your 25 years of ghristha-ashram.

Oracle

^^ in the scriptures you can only have sex with your wife for procreating and that too only 10 times in your 25 years of ghristha-ashram.
Is that true? 10 times sex per woman is okay according to me.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This case in mind boggling not because of people involved from different cultures but how it happened!

how they decided to marry without even knowing one another ? this is not movies where in one glimpse you know the other person.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles