Al Qaeda threatens to use Pak N-weapons against US

MMuthu

Dubai:

If it were in a position to do so, Al Qaeda would use Pakistan's nuclear weapons in its fight against the United States, a top leader of the group said in remarks aired on Sunday.

Pakistan has been battling al Qaeda's Taliban allies in the Swat Valley since April after their thrust into a district 100 km (60 miles) northwest of the capital raised fears the nuclear-armed country could slowly slip into militant hands.

"God willing, the nuclear weapons will not fall into the hands of the Americans and the mujahideen would take them and use them against the Americans," Mustafa Abu al-Yazid, the leader of al Qaeda's in Afghanistan, said in an interview with Al Jazeera television.

Abu al-Yazid was responding to a question about US safeguards to seize control over Pakistan's nuclear weapons in case Islamist fighters came close to doing so.

"We expect that the Pakistani army would be defeated (in Swat) ... and that would be its end everywhere, God willing."

Asked about the group's plans, the Egyptian militant leader said: "The strategy of the (al Qaeda) organisation in the coming period is the same as in the previous period: to hit the head of the snake, the head of tyranny -- the United States.

"That can be achieved through continued work on the open fronts and also by opening new fronts in a manner that achieves the interests of Islam and Muslims and by increasing military operations that drain the enemy financially."

The militant leader suggested that naming a new leader for the group's unit in the Arabian Peninsula, Abu Basir al-Wahayshi, could revive its campaign in Saudi Arabia, the world's top oil exporter.

"Our goals have been the Americans ... and the oil targets which they are stealing to gain power to strike the mujahideen and Muslims."

"There was a setback in work there for reasons that there is no room to state now, but as of late, efforts have been united and there is unity around a single leader."

Abu al-Yazid, also known as Abu Saeed al-Masri, said al Qaeda will continue "with large scale operations against the enemy" -- by which he meant the United States.

"We have demanded and we demand that all branches of al Qaeda carry out such operations," he said, referring to attacks against U.S.-led forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The militant leader said al Qaeda would be willing to accept a truce of about 10 years' duration with the United States if Washington agreed to withdraw its troops from Muslim countries and stopped backing Israel and the pro-Western governments of Muslim nations.

Asked about the whereabouts of al Qaeda's top leaders, he said: "Praise God, sheikh Osama (bin Laden) and sheikh Ayman al-Zawahri are safe from the reach of the enemies, but we would not say where they are; moreover, we do not know where they are, but we're in continuous contact with them."

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
ok so the writing is on the wall guys suite and pick your best guns boys

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
What hodge podge ??? How do they intend to use it ??? Pakistan or any other al-Qaida friendly country doesn't have the ICBMs required to hit the US...

Smuggle it in a suitcase and then blow it up in a city ??? Or maybe smuggle it alongwith the tonnes of poppi that Pakistan is famous for exporting...

MMuthu

Something small like this should happen, Americans should seize the nukes and keep it in IAEA Safeguards.

Dream to see a highly instable Pakistan.

EnlightenedMonk

Maybe they plan to hide it in a consignment of sex-toys made in that Karachi factory... for more information watch "Don't Tell my Mother" by Diego Bunuel where he visits Pakistan which I have posted in the Multimedia thread... :D:D:D:D

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
Maybe they plan to hide it in a consignment of sex-toys made in that Karachi factory... for more information watch "Don't Tell my Mother" by Diego Bunuel where he visits Pakistan which I have posted in the Multimedia thread... :D:D:D:D
:rofl: gud one mate

prahladh

Respected Member
I hope you guys have seen "The Peacemaker" in which the terrorist takes the war-head in his back-pack. If Paks missile falls in their hands is it possible to repeat "The Peacemaker". If not America, there are lot of targets including us.

EnlightenedMonk

I hope you guys have seen "The Peacemaker" in which the terrorist takes the war-head in his back-pack. If Paks missile falls in their hands is it possible to repeat "The Peacemaker". If not America, there are lot of targets including us.
To make bombs that can be the size of backpacks requires a very advanced nuclear industry... I must confess that I don't know much about this, but I would be very surprised if Pakistan had the capability of making such small warheads...

My suspicion is that their warheads are significantly heavier than the size required to just put it into a backpack...

And, even if they did that, I think there are scanners at airports and other points of entry to make sure that nuclear material does not enter a country so easily... So, if they plan to do that, then they have their task cut out for them...

EnlightenedMonk

I also remember another similar movie called "Sum of All Fears" starring Morgan Freeman, Ben Affleck and Liev Schreiber in which an old bomb was re engineered and brought in through a port in the disguise of a cigarrate vending machine...

A nice movie, but I doubt whether port security is so lax as to allow a large quantity of nuclear materials to just slip into some country...

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
:2guns::big_boss:Have you guys seen 'broken arrow' movie. and possibility to use civiallian plane from pakistan air lines cant be ruled out.

prahladh

Respected Member
To make bombs that can be the size of backpacks requires a very advanced nuclear industry... I must confess that I don't know much about this, but I would be very surprised if Pakistan had the capability of making such small warheads...

My suspicion is that their warheads are significantly heavier than the size required to just put it into a backpack...

And, even if they did that, I think there are scanners at airports and other points of entry to make sure that nuclear material does not enter a country so easily... So, if they plan to do that, then they have their task cut out for them...
We don't have scanners/check points on our borders (If India was the target). If it were possible we are dependent only on IB.

luckyy

Something small like this should happen, Americans should seize the nukes and keep it in IAEA Safeguards.

Dream to see a highly instable Pakistan.
don't you think the moment US seize the pakistani nukes , india will bombard their terrorist camps.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Al Qaeda says would use Pakistani nuclear weapons

If it were in a position to do so, Al Qaeda would use Pakistan's nuclear weapons in its fight against the United States, a top leader of the group said in remarks aired on Sunday.
Pakistan has been battling al Qaeda's Taliban allies in the Swat Valley since April after their thrust into a district 100 km (60 miles) northwest of the capital raised fears the nuclear-armed country could slowly slip into militant hands.
"God willing, the nuclear weapons will not fall into the hands of the Americans and the mujahideen would take them and use them against the Americans," Mustafa Abu al-Yazid, the leader of al Qaeda's in Afghanistan, said in an interview with Al Jazeera television.
Abu al-Yazid was responding to a question about U.S. safeguards to seize control over Pakistan's nuclear weapons in case Islamist fighters came close to doing so.
"We expect that the Pakistani army would be defeated (in Swat) ... and that would be its end everywhere, God willing."
Asked about the group's plans, the Egyptian militant leader said: "The strategy of the (al Qaeda) organisation in the coming period is the same as in the previous period: to hit the head of the snake, the head of tyranny -- the United States.
"That can be achieved through continued work on the open fronts and also by opening new fronts in a manner that achieves the interests of Islam and Muslims and by increasing military operations that drain the enemy financially."
The militant leader suggested that naming a new leader for the group's unit in the Arabian Peninsula, Abu Basir al-Wahayshi, could revive its campaign in Saudi Arabia, the world's top oil exporter.
"Our goals have been the Americans ... and the oil targets which they are stealing to gain power to strike the mujahideen and Muslims."
"There was a setback in work there for reasons that there is no room to state now, but as of late, efforts have been united and there is unity around a single leader."
Abu al-Yazid, also known as Abu Saeed al-Masri, said al Qaeda will continue "with large scale operations against the enemy" -- by which he meant the United States.
"We have demanded and we demand that all branches of al Qaeda carry out such operations," he said, referring to attacks against U.S.-led forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The militant leader said al Qaeda would be willing to accept a truce of about 10 years' duration with the United States if Washington agreed to withdraw its troops from Muslim countries and stopped backing Israel and the pro-Western governments of Muslim nations.
Asked about the whereabouts of al Qaeda's top leaders, he said: "Praise God, sheikh Osama (bin Laden) and sheikh Ayman al-Zawahri are safe from the reach of the enemies, but we would not say where they are; moreover, we do not know where they are, but we're in continuous contact with them."

Al Qaeda says would use Pakistani nuclear weapons - Yahoo! India News

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
i think we already have this thread in indian sub continent and china section, sir.
regards

Calanen

ok so the writing is on the wall guys suite and pick your best guns boys
Nah, AQ will learn that they have Islam *all wrong* and that they are just a tiny tiny minority of misunderstanders of what is in fact, if they learnt it properly, a very peaceful and loving religion to outsiders that doesn't believe in jihad against infidel states.

Any day now, I expect that they will uncover their mistake....

Calanen

don't you think the moment US seize the pakistani nukes , india will bombard their terrorist camps.
Certainly hope that they do. But can you really be sure that they got them all?

Country flag
By ship,by plane, by a dirty bomb or a suitcase bomb many different ways, they are showing their thanks to Obama for increasing aid.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles