Al-Bakistan number plates

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
This thread has been started especially for reference and knowledge of @Neo

'Al Bakistan' dreamland – The Express Tribune

A number of people have pointed out the sudden proliferation of the 'Al Bakistan' number plates. Initially, I thought these were just on cars imported from the UAE or other Arab countries, but seeing them locally produced has made it clear that they are simply used as status symbols. It is also rather amusing that while Pakistan lost its 'P' in Arabic transliteration, 'Punjab' retained its — maybe the charm of the Punjab transcends our Arabisation!
One more: Al-Bakistan – The Express Tribune

So what would he think of the new name al-Bakistan, the Arabised version of Pakistan, which one finds on the number plates of cars now. He would no doubt rail against it, pointing out that we are not Arabs and that we have a /p/ sound in both Persian and Urdu, hence the original name Pakistan need not be pronounced with /b/ just because Arabic does not have a /p/.
If I remember right, @Neo started abusing India and Indians, and even me personally, when I used Al-Bakistan in a lighter vein some weeks back, and berated me for not behaving like a "Star & Ambassador" ought to.

Last edited by a moderator:

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
It should be Al-Bhangistan.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
A comment from the article:

Searching for identity. Arabs don't treat us equals. Europeans treat us as condemned race. Russia and other northern nations see us with contempt. Iran is enemy because it is our masters enemy. China treat us their backyard for dumping. India is our natural enemy. There is only Arabian sea inviting us to drown.
Never was a truer word spoken. :hail:

shinoj

Tihar Jail
Banned
Al- Bakistan :rofl:. This Nation of Fools never fail to amuse me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kshatriya87 Welcome to Al-Bakistan Pakistan 12
Redhawk The Al-Bakistan Phenomenon Pakistan 0
G Tarek Fateh in India on Al-Bakistan Pakistan 4
Galaxy The grass eaters of Bakistan Pakistan 0

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles