Airshow China 2012

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Our Indian friends needn't worry。

China will make everything so cheap that even a beggar in India can afford a missile or two。

In the not too distant future there will be hundreds of countries buying Chinese weapons the way they do today with Chinese smartphones、Chinese computers、Chinese washing machines etc。
But today PAF pilots are crying in toilets thinking about flying JF-17 after all these years of flying quality american stuff like F-16.

No chinese smart phone lasts more than 6 months. So we too can rest assured of similar JF-17 lifetime for pak JF-17s .Our chinese friends are doing a great favour by arming pak with JF-17.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
China never offered J10 to Myanmar, and Myanmar chose Mig29 simply for political reasons. Most 3rd world countries don't buy weapons based on performance, political considerations and more importantly kickbacks (which BTW are the deciding factor in every indian arms purcahse, Rafale included) are far more important. Also Mig29s could be had for 10 million dollars a piece, a J10 would cost 30-40 million dollars at least.
The original problem is the AL-31 on J-10 is russian and you need russian permission to export it, which russians won't give definitely,So you don't need to make a virtue out of neccasity.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
The original problem is the AL-31 on J-10 is russian and you need russian permission to export it, which russians won't give definitely,So you don't need to make a virtue out of neccasity.
Sechas Chinese will bring "to the mind" series engines WS and Russian and Ukrainian engines will disappear the Chinese market.

cir

But today PAF pilots are crying in toilets thinking about flying JF-17 after all these years of flying quality american stuff like F-16.

No chinese smart phone lasts more than 6 months. So we too can rest assured of similar JF-17 lifetime for pak JF-17s .Our chinese friends are doing a great favour by arming pak with JF-17.
You are a smart azz and all those,including millions of Indians, who are buying Chinese-made smartphones,computers etc are dunderheads:

I know Indians are bigheaded。But I didn't know some of them could be as bigheaded as you。:thumb:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
::thumb:
You are a smart azz and all those,including millions of Indians, who are buying Chinese-made smartphones,computers etc are dunderheads:

I know Indians are bigheaded。But I didn't know some of them could be as bigheaded as you。:thumb:
We are all so big hearted. That's why we are letting you enjoy a trade surplus of 30 billions eventhough you are arming pak with all kind of missiles and N bomb tech!!!!!
Even chinese won't be that large hearted.

No NO NO chinese are evn more big hearted. Who will hold 2 trillion dollar worth of worthless treasury bills of their most hated enemy who supplies taiwan and japan with all kinds of weapons??:hail:

But we all welcome the introduction of JF-17s in PAF as it is very good for pak to be saddled with planes like this. We can expect no better friendly measure than this.:thumb:

Last edited:

mikhail

Country flag
Our Indian friends needn't worry。

China will make everything so cheap that even a beggar in India can afford a missile or two。

In the not too distant future there will be hundreds of countries buying Chinese weapons the way they do today with Chinese smartphones、Chinese computers、Chinese washing machines etc。
don't worry mate i can assure you that even a beggar here would prefer anything over cheap chini craps!chini products are known world wide for their unreliability and basically they are nothing but junks!so go sell your crappy products to our western neighbor as we are not even slightly interested in buying those sh**ty things!:wave:

mikhail

Country flag

and i didn't know that the chinis were such world class jokers until i met some of them in this forum:rofl:!and the funniest thing is that you guys think that all other countries are giving you huge importance when the real thing is that you are only entertaining us and nothing more than that!understood my little chini friend!:p

mikhail

Country flag
Mig29 proven commodity, in what way? Exceptfor the little Cessna shot down by a Cuban Mig29 it has done nothing, absolutely nothing, they even managed to lose every aerial battle with their bigger cousin, the su27. These soviet-made airframes are over 20 years old, which translates into 'scrap metal'. You need to get close to those machines to realize how horrible the craftmanship is on these old soviet airplanes. Neither the old Mirage2000 nor the old Mig29 are compatible with beyond visual range active air-to-air missiles, JF17 however is. Have you ever seen a picture from the hopelessly outdated Mig29 cockpit, its is a sad sight. On a F16 you only need to hit one button, the missile is armed, on a Mig29 you need to hit 10. Those IAF Mig29s are junkies waiting to be retired much just like the old Mig23s that were already dumped by the IAF because in either case IAF prefers the venerable Mig21 over both Mig23 and Mig29. Mirage2000 is a fine plane, but it is 25 years old, and completely outdated. Once they get through the expensive make over at 50 million euro a piece, they will undoubtedly be a much better plane. But until that day arrives, JF17 is simply a better plane.
are you trying to convince us that your Junk Fighter-17 is better than the legendary Mig-29 aircraft!you guys still haven't been able to develop a decent jet engine for your aircrafts and are still importing those RD-93 engines from Russia and you dare to call the Russian aircrafts junk:toilet:!JF-17 is nothing but a crappy cheap chini product like everything else and its a totally unproven platform!i can bet a thousand bucks that you can't show me any evidence that your J-10(laughing dragons:rofl:) and Junk-17s have found a single buyer except for Zimbabwe:laugh:.Russians are experts in designing world class fighters since the past 5 decades and are only after the U.S.A. in the aviation industry!our "old" Mig-29s can beat the sh*t out of your J-10(trolling dragon) any day anywhere,leave alone that $15million Junk Fighter-17!heck even our Mig-21 Bisons can beat your junks anytime mate!

p2prada

I'm surprised that most of China's new generation PGM are up for sale this year... They usually don't offer new technologies unless they haven't gotten PLA funding, but we've already seen LT-500 on JH7A's.
It would mean greater interest in capturing the global arms market.

What looks like a UAV version of the L15 trainer. This has a high mounted wing versus the mid-mounted wing on the L15(and other fighters and trainers).

But it still features the same LERX as L-15, air intakes, wing/tail shapeetc etc. What would it be for though? Looks more like a fighter than any UAV I've seen...
Target drone, I suppose.

J20!

Country flag
don't worry mate i can assure you that even a beggar here would prefer anything over cheap chini craps!chini products are known world wide for their unreliability and basically they are nothing but junks!so go sell your crappy products to our western neighbor as we are not even slightly interested in buying those sh**ty things!:wave:
Well during Zhuhai alone, we've already sold advanced high tech defense equipment to both Turkey and Egypt, including 12 supersonic, twin engined trainers...

Pray tell, if we the 6th largest exporter of military equipment produce "crap" by your almighty standards, then what do you the largest importer of defense tech produce? Because it looks to me that even your own Government doesn't want your defense produce, and you cant even satisfy your own market on time or on budget and mostly not at all.

China has militaries from all over the world buying our ships, guns, missiles, fighter jets, jet and turbo-prop trainers etc etc. No one's buying even a single missile from India... What does that say about HAL and the like? Because even with all the foreign TOT and help through JV's, you're still selling diddly squat and no-one even looks interested in anything you produce. We're selling defense equipment and services in the billions of Dollars. that's the true measure of quality...

J20!

Country flag
Target drone, I suppose.
Nah, the PLAAF uses old, converted J7's for target drones. Similar to the way the USAF is using old F16 airframes as target drones. Plus, I doubt they'd use brand new L15 variants like that. It would be quite the waste...

J20!

Country flag
OC-2: laser designator pod

OC-2, OL-2 ground-based laser designator, and the PLA's main laser guided munition the LT2 bomb

J20!

Country flag
Hahaha! Apparently, these are P&W representatives giving WS-12 a quick look-see:

J20!

Country flag
C919

COMAC secures 50 C919 orders, eyes broader market

English.news.cn 2012-11-13 13:30:55

ZHUHAI, Nov. 13 (Xinhua) -- Fifty orders for C919 aircraft have been signed at the ongoing China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition, indicating that China's first domestic large passenger aircraft is expanding its market reach amid tough overseas competition.

The Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, Ltd. (COMAC), the aircraft's manufacturer, inked deals on Tuesday with a GE subsidiary and two Chinese companies at the aviation show, according to COMAC general manager He Dongfeng.

The exhibition is scheduled to run from Nov. 13 to 18 in the city of Zhuhai in south China's Guangdong Province

He said GE Capital Aviation Service (GECAS) will purchase 10 of the planes, while two local airline operators, Hebei Airlines and Joy Air, will buy 20 units each.

The company has thus far secured orders for 380 C919 aircraft from 15 customers, He said.

COMAC also signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Eastern Air Lines for future sales of the aircraft to the U.S. airline, according to He.

"The signing of the new orders and MOU indicates that the C919 has once again won recognition in both domestic and overseas markets," He said.

Mark Hutchinson, president and chief executive officer of GE China, said he was excited about the deal, as GE is heavily involved in the manufacturing of the C919 as an engine and avionics supplier.

"We signed the contract to demonstrate our support for the COMAC," Hutchinson said, adding that the C919 aircraft will supplement the company's fleet of about 2,000 aircraft.

Wu Guanghui, chief designer of the C919, said future global and domestic markets will have a strong appetite for civil aircraft like the C919.

Also on Tuesday, Liebherr-Aerospace & Transportation SAS and a subsidiary of the Aviation Industry Corp. of China (AVIC) inaugurated a joint venture that will supply undercarriages for the C919.

Francis Niss, president of Liebherr-Aerospace, said China's large population has given it dynamic growth in the global air traffic market.

"The Chinese industry is already part of the global supply chain of Western aircraft manufacturers. With the C919, China has reached another milestone in its development to become one of the leading aerospace nations in the world," Niss said.

He said Liebherr-Aerospace hopes to play an important role in the further development of China's aerospace industry.

With the C919 program, Niss said Liebherr-Aerospace has built a strong base for long-lasting participation in the Chinese market.

COMAC said the C919 aircraft will hit the market in 2016 after tests are completed in 2014.

Although the aircraft market remains dominated by Western companies in Europe and the United States, industry observers say the C919 will compete with the Boeing and Airbus in the medium-range aircraft sector.

COMAC vice president Shi Jianzhong said the participation of the company in the manufacturing of civil aircraft will provide more choices for the world's airlines.

"The newly designed C919 aircraft will undoubtedly help to upgrade the civil aircraft market," Shi said.

"We are sure that the C919 will be developed in a very professional way in order to meet all the expectations and targets of the Chinese government and COMAC," Niss said.

COMAC secures 50 C919 orders, eyes broader market - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles