Aircraft Crash Notification

sorcerer

Country flag
Black Hawk helicopter goes down in Minnesota, killing three
(Reuters) - A Black Hawk helicopter went down in central Minnesota on Thursday, killing all three soldiers on board, after it lost contact with the Minnesota National Guard during a maintenance test flight, Governor Tim Walz said on Thursday.

Emergency crews gathered at the scene. The names of the crew were not released, but Walz told a news briefing an investigation would be launched into the reasons for the crash.

"At approximately 1400 hours today a Minnesota Army National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter went down approximately 16 miles south-west of St. Cloud," Walz said, referring to a city in the state's central region.

"The crash resulted in the death of all three crew."

On Twitter, the Minnesota National Guard earlier said it had lost communication with the craft at about 2 p.m.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/emergency-crews-minnesota-search-black-231951586.html

bhramos

Country flag

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Chilean Air Force C-130H Hercules With 38 People Onboard Missing On Way To Antarctica
December 10, 2019 Aircraft Crash News 8 Views

Image Credits: Fuerza Aérea de Chile

A Lockheed C-130H Hercules of the Fuerza Aérea de Chile Grupo de Aviación Nº 10 is missing near Antarctica after radar contact was lost by ATC at 18:13 LT. There are 38 POB.

The cargo plane, identified as a Hercules C130, departed from the southern city of Punta Arenas at 4:55 p.m. local time (1955 GMT). Operators lost contact with the aircraft a little over an hour later.

“The C-130H, serial reported as 990 (construction number 4776, and former US Navy KC-130R 160628 that was supplied to Chile in July 1995), brought the personnel to check on a floating fuel supply line and other equipment at the Chilean base.”

The plane disappeared from radar and a search and rescue operation has now been launched. The air force posted a map on Twitter showing the approximate location of the plane before it went missing.

https://fighterjetsworld.com/latest...e-onboard-missing-on-way-to-antarctica/19515/

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Russian Air Force Mil Mi-28 Helicopter Crashed Near Korenovsk Airfield
December 12, 2019 Aircraft Crash News 215 Views

A Russian Air Force Mi-28 – Credits: Pavel Adzhigildaev via Wikipedia

Russian Air Force Mil Mi-28 helicopter crashed during a night training mission under unknown circumstances. Both crew members died in the crash.

The crash was probably caused by a pilot’s mistake or technical failure, the military source said.

A Russian Mi-28 military helicopter has crashed in Krasnodar Territory, in the south of Russia, leaving both crew members on board dead, the Russian Ministry of Defence confirmed on Wednesday.

Earlier, it was reported that the Mi-28 had disappeared from Russian radars.

“On 11 December 2019, at about 11:00 p.m. [Moscow time, or 20:00 GMT], a Mi-28 helicopter crashed in the Krasnodar Territory near the Korenovsk airfield during a training flight, carried out at night time under difficult weather conditions”, the ministry said in a statement.

The statement stressed that the flight was carried out without ammunition and the crash had left no destruction on the ground.

According to the military, the site of the crash has already been found and the helicopter was destroyed in the incident.

A special investigative team had been sent to the site to probe the incident.

https://fighterjetsworld.com/latest...copter-crashed-near-korenovsk-airfield/19540/

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
LNA Forces Shot Down Turkish Bayraktar TB2 Drone Over Tripoli
December 14, 2019 Aircraft Crash News 230 Views

Credits: CNW
The Libyan National Army (LNA) announced on December 13 that its units had shot down a Turkish unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAV) near the country’s capital, Tripoli.

The UCAV was reportedly shot down over the area of Ain Zara, southeast of Tripoli, while it was supporting forces loyal to the Government of National Accord (GNA).

Pro-LNA sources released photos showing the wreckage of the downed UCAV, which was identified as a Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2.

https://fighterjetsworld.com/latest...rkish-bayraktar-tb2-drone-over-tripoli/19558/

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
i think everyone understnd this...replace it with tejas asap
No Tejas we need aircraft that is combat tested to replace a aircraft such as MiG-21 which fills an important part of our Airforce. I think f-16 can and will able to replace the MiG-21.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
No Tejas we need aircraft that is combat tested to replace a aircraft such as MiG-21 which fills an important part of our Airforce. I think f-16 can and will able to replace the MiG-21.
And just keep importing?
Not to develop any capabilities?
Non of the aircraft is battle tested. Today is totally battle tested we need the system which we find most efficient.
India doesn't even have infrastructure to maintain F-16.
And mind it tejas have THE BEST AVAILABILITY RATE IN IAF FLEET
Tejas is A+ aircraft to replace MiG-21.

Tejas with Astra and I-derby can easily take the shit about of our adversaries.

Last edited:

Atcjurvin

I think that the current pilots in IAF are not properly trained because of lack of trainers since 15 yrs and moreover iaf also doesn't follow 3 stage training programme. So crash rates will not decrease in coming time.

Atcjurvin

To decrease crash rates following things should be done.
1) throwing away all old planes such as mig 21,27, an 32,cheetak,cheetah. 2) not buying anymore Russian junks.
3) doing strict logistics pacts with Russia.
4) introducing 3 stage training as soon as possible.
5) making someone accountable every time crash occurs especially HAL.
6) introducing strict laws for maintaince.
I BET IF ALL THESE THINGS ARE DONE THEN CRASH RATES WILL COME DOWN.

Raju Seth

all aircraft were once never battle tested,tejas has to start somewhere
Today F35 isnt battle proven ,that doesnt mean usa calls russia for su35...grow up kid
IMPORT ISNT SOLUTION

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Today F35 isnt battle proven ,that doesnt mean usa calls russia for su35...grow up kid
IMPORT ISNT SOLUTION
F-35 uses battle Proven Stealth Technologies and created by a company years of on field Aircraft Building Experience. F-35 is not a walk in the park. Importing a Excellent Battle Proven Aircraft is better than replying on a Unproven Aircraft that is not tested in battle or has shown capabilities to do battle with best Fighters Jets Across the world. This doesn’t mean I disapprove of Tejas Fighter. I think it’s fine aircraft but it’s light attack aircraft role more full blown air superiority role.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
IMPORT ISNT SOLUTION

The difference is the realistic air combat training that the US military conducts several times a year involving hundreds of dofferent aircrats both US and foreign made, latest radars, EW and cyber warfare, most of the time being merged into a single or series of exercises. The goal is to gove pilots a realistic training time and experience.

As for the F-35, the realistic training efforts like Red Flag will be supplemented by hude simulation facilities that rill span sevetal countries. This will allow hundreds of F-35s from variouc countries to train together, cooperate and simulaye their weapons against near realistic virtual warzone (like over SCS or over the Fulda Gap) against the latest of enemies fighters, tactics, sensors, SAMs, cyber tools, etc.

abhay rajput

Country flag
F-35 uses battle Proven Stealth Technologies and created by a company years of on field Aircraft Building Experience. F-35 is not a walk in the park. Importing a Excellent Battle Proven Aircraft is better than replying on a Unproven Aircraft that is not tested in battle or has shown capabilities to do battle with best Fighters Jets Across the world. This doesn’t mean I disapprove of Tejas Fighter. I think it’s fine aircraft but it’s light attack aircraft role more full blown air superiority role.
These 114 aircrafts are lasts foreign aircrafts and I am pretty sure it's gonna be rafale

Global Defence

New threads

Articles