Air France - 2nd Racist Charge in 2 weeks

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Most airports across the world except dollars. Or Mastercard.

Second I don't believe this was at night. If it was a 13hr flight with the flight taking off at 3 AM then they've been there since the afternoon.

The only lousy thing about CDG is that people always talk to you in French for 5 minutes before my version of "Je ne parle pas français" settles in and then they talk to you in normal English. Given their history it's not hard to understand that though so I don't particularly mind.
Which $? US$? So the rest of us are screwed, aren't we? Do you know how much card companies charge you for foreign currency transactions in a foreign country? Hell, I'd rather stay hungry for a day than pay those charges!

And as for the French, you're right, they'd rather not speak to you at all than speak in English. Forget the French, even in the Canadian province of Quebec, where there's a French majority, you'll get angry stares if you walk into a shop and talk in English!

kautilya

Which $? US$? So the rest of us are screwed, aren't we? Do you know how much card companies charge you for foreign currency transactions in a foreign country? Hell, I'd rather stay hungry for a day than pay those charges!
Yes, USD is right. I was talking in the context of these folks who took off at Washington. Presumably they had USD then.

My credit card charges me a flat 2 dollar something although I'm now looking to ditch that and get a Cap One card which apparently charges you nothing.
Packing the Right Credit Card - Frugal Traveler Blog - NYTimes.com
Probably not true for people with funny money though. :D

In reply to hit&run, 13 hrs is not an exceptionally long time to stay at an airport. You'll find at least some eating places open in Indian airports through the night. (I've seen it in both Chennai and Delhi).

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
to buy a cup of coffee from a small coffee shop or eatery by a CC? the answer would be minimum 10 dolls sir or we do not accept cc sir or they will point you to a small note 'only cash'.

i like that 'troll' crap lol. its easier to say some thing here and close your eyes or run away with that name ha ha ha.

I am otm shank

Why are we disscussing whether they should have bought the food or not? The real issue is why should there be such discrimination in the first place.......
never underestimate low IQ indians for missing the point.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles