Air defence for NCR ready; Bangalore next

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yes no BMD is battle proven. Is anybody implying the contrary?
You tell me. Doubting Indian BMD & judging its performance only during war, indirectly implies that -

1] Either all BMDs in world are unproven or
2] Only Indian BMD is liable to be underestimated.

Param

Ok, so till then you are supposed to ridicule it.

Why should I ridicule it? This is not a political issue . I am as much interested in the success of BMD as you are.

I did not ridicule anything. If you did misunderstood my statement in post#8 I cannot do anything about it.

And please stop reading too much into my statements. I have already clarified my view.

plugwater

What are those "real conditions"? i am curious to know
Real conditions is, finding the incoming missile's trajectory, speed and whether its a decoy or real in a matter of few seconds and in an unexpected time.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Not all BMDs are tested in simulated conditions. They are not washing their cloths with billions of dollar going under 'target missile development' specifically for missile shield !

Param

You tell me. Doubting Indian BMD & judging its performance only during war, indirectly implies that -

1] Either all BMDs in world are unproven or
2] Only Indian BMD is liable to be underestimated.
Read post #36 again.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Why should I ridicule it? This is not a political issue . I am as much interested in the success of BMD as you are.

I did not ridicule anything. If you did misunderstood my statement in post#8 I cannot do anything about it.

And please stop reading too much into my statements. I have already clarified my view.
Oh please stop being so innocent, you clearly stated that Indian BMD is not proven in "real conditions", what are those?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Real conditions is, finding the incoming missile's trajectory, speed and whether its a decoy or real in a matter of few seconds and in an unexpected time.
PW, then what exactly they have tested till now? Aren't they launched an missile, tracked it, and destroyed it. Or they did something else?

Param

Oh please stop being so innocent, you clearly stated that Indian BMD is not proven in "real conditions", what are those?
WAR,

You are putting words in my mouth. Where did I write "Indian BMD" ?

This is an accusation.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Read post #36 again.
How about we go to #8 ?

I would be happy if the system works in a real situation.As for incoming Chinese missiles part, we will know the true effectiveness only when it happens.
What makes you sure that Chinese missile is battle proven ?

Won't you also know about chinese missile's 'true effectiveness' only when it is launched for India ?

plugwater

PW, then what exactly they have tested till now? Aren't they launched an missile, tracked it, and destroyed it. Or they did something else?
We knew everything about the missile beforehand. Again i not saying its not tested, BMDs are the most unreliable one, very hard to master it that too in terminal interception.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
WAR,

You are putting words in my mouth. Where did I write "Indian BMD" ?

This is an accusation.
This is heights of innocence,
Originally Posted by Param
I would be happy if the system works in a real situation.As for incoming Chinese missiles part, we will know the true effectiveness only when it happens.
What are you implying here?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
We knew everything about the missile beforehand. Again i not saying its not tested, BMDs are the most unreliable one, very hard to master it that too in terminal interception.
What is so different about different missiles, that makes them totally strangers?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What is wrong with post #8?

Where did I say that? Why are you assuming things?

Ofcourse.
Did I praise or eulogise Chinese missile expertise?
Good to see you cleared yourself. Your bit leery post here & that on shoutbox sometime ago gave other impression.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yes BMDs are tough to master but they are not most unreliable.

amitkriit

OK we can take care of the Ballistic Missiles and enemy fighters, but what about the terrain hugging cruise missiles? Can we handle them as well through our current ADS?

Param

This is heights of innocence,
If you assume things, I can't help.

What are you implying here?
I implied that such a weapon system can only be proven beyond doubt only in the event of an actual war.And this implies to all BMDs in the world.
Can you be 100% sure who will win in an MKI vs French AF Rafale in real air war, only based on computer simulations and friendly exercises?

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
OK we can take care of the Ballistic Missiles and enemy fighters, but what about the terrain hugging cruise missiles? Can we handle them as well through our current ADS?
layered defense systems, Akash, Spyder, and if some one escapes those, the AA guns

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles