Air Costa - South India's New Regional Carrier

aeroblogger

Air Costa looks to take over the void left by Paramount Airways...

Using regional E-170 aircraft, the airline will operate to destinations in the south from its bases in Chennai and Vijayawada.

Air Costa Launches Website

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Who is going to fill the void of Kingfisher?

Iamanidiot

Domestic Airlines will sink.Kinghfisher,Paramount and Indigo_Only Spicejet might survive

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Is Air India going to survive? Things don't look good.

aeroblogger

Domestic Airlines will sink.Kinghfisher,Paramount and Indigo_Only Spicejet might survive
Huh? Kingfisher is basically gone. There is no doubt that it will sink.
Paramount is already gone. Sinking is over ;)

Neither IndiGo nor SpiceJet is likely to sink in the near future - they are the 2 carriers with the healthiest balance sheets.

aeroblogger

There are too many vested interests for the government to let Air India sink. It is the goose which keeps on laying golden eggs to be shipped off to Switzerland.

In the grand scheme of things, AI is only a small part of the overall corruption though. There are far more pressing matters to be addressed.

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
I think it is time to reconsider AI as the national airline. their refusal to be admitted in the Star Alliance was an indicator what the International Airlines think of the Maharaja.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Air India will survive for the foreseeable future, too many unions, too many votes and too much money to be siphoned off.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Indigo is allegedly owned by Praful Patel/NCP
Is that the reason why they get slots for takeoff dot on time or even earlier than time and land without circuiting?

Most punctual airline, no matter who owns!

If indeed it is owned by Pee Pee, then at least one good thing he seems to have up his sleeve having done for India! ;)

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Is that the reason why the get slots for takeoff dot on time or even earlier than time.

Sir, regarding Indigo, IMO it is more a practice they follow. I have observed quite a few times, how the ground crew scurry around ushering in the passengers with a sense of urgency. also since the AirHostesses clean the aircraft before landing, they really do not need time to clean the plane on Ground.

Another point I have noticed that for airlines like AI or Jet a 2.00 PM departure generally means closing the gates at 2.00 PM while for Indigo 2.00 PM departure means take off at 2.00 PM. I have observed this same practices followed by China Eastern Airlines.

aeroblogger

I think it is time to reconsider AI as the national airline. their refusal to be admitted in the Star Alliance was an indicator what the International Airlines think of the Maharaja.
No it wasn't. The whole Star Alliance saga is politically very complicated, but basically means nothing. If Air India applied to join SkyTeam or oneworld (the other 2 alliances), they would be accepted easily. The problem is that both AI and Jet Airways are hung up over Star Alliance, and Star wants to take advantage of both.

aeroblogger

Is that the reason why they get slots for takeoff dot on time or even earlier than time and land without circuiting?

If indeed it is owned by Pee Pee, then at least one good thing he seems to have up his sleeve having done for India! ;)
IndiGo is operationally very impressive. However, all the airlines of India (Air India included) have excellent on time records (80%+ on time each month).

In comparision, United Airlines and American Airlines, 2 of the largest airlines in the US, have had on time records in the 60% range for the past few months. And this is summertime - things will crash more once bad weather sets in.

The single factor which affects on time arrival most in India is congestion - there are too many aircraft and not enough runways. Infrastructure must be improved to see any meaningful improvement in reliability by any carrier.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Another point I have noticed that for airlines like AI or Jet a 2.00 PM departure generally means closing the gates at 2.00 PM while for Indigo 2.00 PM departure means take off at 2.00 PM. I have observed this same practices followed by China Eastern Airlines.
It is how the whole on-time thing is managed or better still, manipulated. Both the departure time and the arrival time gets played around with. A simple thing, one airline shows the Delhi-Mumbai travel time as 1hr55m, the other, 2h10m, but the actual time from take off to landing is generally 1h40m/45m, and so who ever claims the latter travel time ought to be on time.

It happens across the globe.

Reactions: sob

aeroblogger

It is how the whole on-time thing is managed or better still, manipulated. Both the departure time and the arrival time gets played around with. A simple thing, one airline shows the Delhi-Mumbai travel time as 1hr55m, the other, 2h10m, but the actual time from take off to landing is generally 1h40m/45m, and so who ever claims the latter travel time ought to be on time.

It happens across the globe.
That's an excellent point. Low Cost Carriers have less schedule padding, because it allows them to schedule more flights into the day. In contrast, even if Air India or Jet Airways flight leaves 10 or 15 minutes late, it will still arrive on time.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Personally for me, the whole on-time thing is way too over hyped, and a marketing gimmick, no more. Any airline which is doing +/-10-15m in the domestic sector is doing a fine job. If there is a technical snag, thick fog or too much traffic, then significant delays tend to happen, otherwise generally airlines across the board do a fine job more or less.

cloud_9

Country flag
Flew a lot on Jet between SIN-DEL & HKG-DEL route never had problem with these guys but flying on AI is always fun like passenger's sleeping on the floor and AIAuntie's hopping over them like they were logs of wood :laugh:

PS - My sucess rate of getting an upgrade on Jet Airways is 4 out of 10.......so when ever I fly,I Jetfly :taunt:

aeroblogger

Flew a lot on Jet between SIN-DEL & HKG-DEL route never had problem with these guys but flying on AI is always fun like passenger's sleeping on the floor and AIAuntie's hopping over them like they were logs of wood :laugh:

PS - My sucess rate of getting an upgrade on Jet Airways is 4 out of 10.......so when ever I fly,I Jetfly :taunt:
My upgrade rate on AI is 10/10, and I've never had to look at anybody sleeping on the floor up front. The perks of Gold Status :)

cloud_9

Country flag
My upgrade rate on AI is 10/10, and I've never had to look at anybody sleeping on the floor up front.
AI flight in the evening DEL-HKG - Japan (not sure if it Tokyo or Osaka or some other city)

Are you a business traveler...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles