Air Conditioners are Sexist!

pmaitra

I agree with this but i also feel that this lack of emotional connect is more pronounced in man to man equation than in man to woman eq, primarily because with a woman its safe for a man to show some emotions and even physically demonstrate his support to her in times when she is emotionally stressed... I think the genders are pretty balanced out in this respect... its like nature has made it thus that one of them can be calm when the other is upset and needs help...And this precisely the reason why men rely on their mothers, sisters, wives, daughters or female friends for "emotional" anchoring.
Many men feel transformed when a daughter is born..
A man is not conditioned to respond in the same way to another man and that is also the reason why the son would turn to his mother for emotional support. This emotional distance extends to other relationships men have in their life like brothers, friends, colleagues.
A man's weird way of offering emotional support suits women because most times they deal with their own crisis, all they want is a sounding board. That might not work with another man who wants solutions to his problems.
To sum up the advise "It will be alright" will work with a woman, it isn't likely to work for a man.
Good analysis.

It also seems like you glanced at the comments on that article.

Rashna

Country flag
No i didn't read the comments because i was on my phone at that time.Its difficult to read much on the phone.

Good analysis.

It also seems like you glanced at the comments on that article.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
I feel quite sorry for a forum where epithets such as "c*nt" are freely used for a woman , whose opinions no doubt may be out of order (so are most of the opinions expressed here, b t w ) and moderators decide to take it with a pinch of salt.

Nothing warrants use of such such sobriquets for a lady. I m Sorry.

Rashna

Country flag
This is the unfortunate part about becoming "westernized", that the use of profanities has become acceptable but being "liberal" is a crime. The strangest dichotomy is that this individual has very traditional views on religion and culture. So liberalism is bad but using profanities is good.... the mods here are on permanent holiday, people are able to post even after being banned .........

I feel quite sorry for a forum where epithets such as "c*nt" are freely used for a woman , whose opinions no doubt may be out of order (so are most of the opinions expressed here, b t w ) and moderators decide to take it with a pinch of salt.

Nothing warrants use of such such sobriquets for a lady. I m Sorry.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
This is the unfortunate part about becoming "westernized", that the use of profanities has become acceptable but being "liberal" is a crime. The strangest dichotomy is that this individual has very traditional views on religion and culture. So liberalism is bad but using profanities is good.... the mods here are on permanent holiday, people are able to post even after being banned .........
@pmaitra I propose @Rashna for moderator.....not only will she control trolls , she'll also turn down the AC

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Religious is a wrong term - he is mentally unstable and unbalanced. He was exhorting me to "learn Sanskrit and Vedas" by virtue of being a "Brahmin" instead of running my startup (which is a task for "Vaishyas").

He should immediately come back from Canada and start cleaning our toilets. After all his brethren are fighting to be included as OBCs.

Rashna

Country flag
He is obsessed with religion. Can you call it anything else?
Religious is a wrong term - he is mentally unstable and unbalanced. He was exhorting me to "learn Sanskrit and Vedas" by virtue of being a "Brahmin" instead of running my startup (which is a task for "Vaishyas").

He should immediately come back from Canada and start cleaning our toilets. After all his brethren are fighting to be included as OBCs.

blueblood

Air conditioning is sexist because;
  • Men control them.
  • It makes women whiny, bitter and frigid, the qualities men look for in the women.
  • It makes women cover up which is precisely what men want.
  • Women covered head to toe is every man's dream come true.
Am I missing anything here?

Every time a man pee standing up is offensive to women. I fully support this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...nd_n_1590572.html?ir=India&adsSiteOverride=in

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
He is obsessed with religion. Can you call it anything else?
No, what I mean is, even my grandmother is religious (and I'm sure yours is too). What we are seeing in this specimen is something much more than religiosity. He is psychotic and delusional, and definitely needs psychiatric treatment. It cannot be explained away by "religious obsession".

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles