Agony of Pakistani women enslaved by Dubai sex trade

Blackwater

:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

FAISALABAD: Shumaila* once dreamed of becoming a computer engineer. Instead, aged 16, the bright-eyed Pakistani girl was tricked into prostitution in UAE, beginning a four-year nightmare of cruelty, violence and rape.

Pakistan has long been an important source of cheap labour for the Gulf state, particularly its booming construction sector.

But campaigners and officials say hundreds of young Pakistani women are also trafficked every year to supply the thriving sex trade in the brothels and nightclubs of Dubai.

Shumaila and her sister Rabia* were two of them.

More than a year after she escaped, Shumaila's pain is still etched into her stumbling, hesitant voice — and also into her body, which bears the marks of countless beatings.

Vivid, angry scars run the length of her legs from ankle to hip, reminders of a botched operation after she was shot three times by the gang who trafficked her.

Shumaila and Rabia managed to escape their tormentors in 2013 but still live, hiding in a two-room house in a slum, fearing revenge attacks.

Their full names and precise whereabouts were withheld for their safety.

Their ordeal began in their hometown in Punjab province, when the family got into money trouble and a neighbour named Ayesha offered the sisters some domestic work.

After a while Ayesha suggested she take the sisters to Dubai to work in her beauty parlour, getting fake papers to help the underage Shumaila to leave Pakistan.

Rabia is so traumatised by her experiences she can barely recount her harrowing ordeal.

Fighting back tears, Shumaila revealed the horror that awaited them in Dubai.

"Ayesha took us to the lavatories at the airport and told us that we will be serving her clients for sex," Shumaila told.

"We started crying and then she told us that we travelled on fake documents and if we said anything we would be handed over to police right there. "

Faced with no alternative, the sisters went with Ayesha, thinking they could just avoid having sex with clients.

"The first time, she herself was present in the room and made us do what the clients wanted. We were raped in front of her and with her assistance," Shumaila said.

After that, Ayesha told the clients to keep their cell phones connected to her number during the intercourse so she could hear what was happening — and if they were refusing to cooperate.

"She used to torture us whenever we refused to perform certain sexual acts, and she told us that she knew whatever had happened inside the bedroom," Shumaila said.

The women were not allowed to go out or even speak to one another freely. They could speak to their family in Pakistan by phone occasionally, but under duress.

"She used to beat one of us and ask the other sister to talk on phone to our parents, threatening to kill us if we revealed anything about the brothel," Shumaila recalled.

From time to time, Ayesha brought the women back to Pakistan to renew their visas, frightening them into silence by telling them she would kill their whole families if they revealed the life they had been tricked into.
Agony of Pakistani women enslaved by Dubai sex trade - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
These tharki buddhe Sheikhs are exploiting women for centuries.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This is indeed a sad commentary that the officials of Pakistan do not protest against such exploitation; more so, since such activities are not acceptable in Islam, a factor which is so proudly tomtommed by Pakistan at a drop of a hat.

Even Indian Govt does not protest about the exploitation of our labourers.

Blackwater

This is indeed a sad commentary that the officials of Pakistan do not protest against such exploitation; more so, since such activities are not acceptable in Islam, a factor which is so proudly tomtommed by Pakistan at a drop of a hat.

true sir

Pakistanis can protest for gaza and Palestine attack but not for their own people

Neo

South Asia is a notorious region for human trafficking. Young women from poor families often fall pray to fake agents promising them respectable household jobs on Middle East. Do you think this problem is unique for Pakistan? Are there no sexworkers from.India, Bangladesh or Nepal in ME?

Last edited:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Hairy sex slaves.
Bet those shiekhs were forcing these ladies to strapon f@ck there shiekhs a&&es :lol:

Neo

This is a terrible thing no matter what the woman's nationality. Unnecessary to show any fervent
Patriotism in this issue.
Agreed, sick and tired already of such cheap mentality and attidute displayed by certain members. :toilet:

Country flag
Unfortunately women are treated as a commodity in many developing nations and rich nations take
Advantage. Same trend with sex trade in Europe where Eastern European /Russian women are the
Commodity.

Neo

Unfortunately women are treated as a commodity in many developing nations and rich nations take
Advantage. Same trend with sex trade in Europe where Eastern European /Russian women are the
Commodity.
Some people say that prostitution is the oldest profession in world. Here we talk of rich countries exploiting poverty stricken girls from developping nations but don't forget that many female and male models and actors from South Asia willingly host or visit these arabs sheikhs for sex and get paid handsomely.

thethinker

Country flag
On the bright side, Dubai now is replacing child jockeys in camel racing with robots to prevent exploitation of children and child trafficking. Call it a progress but this is definitely better.

Dubai's Camel Races Embrace Robot Jockeys

It's a recent development in a sport traditionally used to mark weddings, celebrations and other important occasions. When petrodollars started pouring into Abu Dhabi after it became the first emirate to export oil in 1962, the country's ruling sheikhs worried that rapid economic growth would erode traditional aspects of the UAE's national heritage, including the centuries-old races. Lucrative cash prizes began to be doled out to winning owners, in order to keep camel racing popular.

However, an unintended consequence of the commercialization of the sport was a boom in child trafficking. As owners sought ever-faster times, children—some as young as four years old—were illegally brought from impoverished communities in South Asia and Africa to work as jockeys in the Gulf in the 1970s.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Some people say that prostitution is the oldest profession in world. Here we talk of rich countries exploiting poverty stricken girls from developping nations but don't forget that many female and male models and actors from South Asia willingly host or visit these arabs sheikhs for sex and get paid handsomely.
There is no issue with that. I follow a simple principle. Anything and everything is ok if there is consent, nothing is ok without consent. Period.

JBH22

Agreed, sick and tired already of such cheap mentality and attidute displayed by certain members. :toilet:
Atleast we agree something. Anyways the almighty will one day settle the account of all those who destroyed lives of these innocent girls.

In their quest for pleasure their lust have become disgusting.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I really hope oil runs out in my lifetime. Can't wait to see these guys go back to ----ing goats and camels.

Also, I think Pakistan should declare Jihad against UAE.

Blackwater

I really hope oil runs out in my lifetime. Can't wait to see these guys go back to ----ing goats and camels.

Also, I think Pakistan should declare Jihad against UAE.
no way ,UAE is funding their polio drops,

their school,

their IDPS from north and south waziristan

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
South Asia is a notorious region for human trafficking. Young women from poor families often fall pray to fake agents promising them respectable household jobs on Middle East. Do you think this problem is unique for Pakistan? Are there no sexworkers from.India, Bangladesh or Nepal in ME?
No it is not unique to Pakistan.

It is only horrifying to see those who profess to be the flagbearer of Islam conveniently abandon its tenets for avarice (another taboo as per the Quaran)

swastic_1170

Country flag
Hi All,

I am a new registered member here, been a frequent visitor in the forum. Love the discussions those have been going on in these forums. Regarding my back ground I am a data scientist working for a Bank.

Coming to this topic it does not matter to which country these girls belong.. it is really shameful. All the countries should take an united stand. However, I also agree with Ray sir, that if Pak has deep relation with the Soudi country it can use that to take action in such cases.

Thanks.

Reactions: Neo

Blackwater

Hi All,

I am a new registered member here, been a frequent visitor in the forum. Love the discussions those have been going on in these forums. Regarding my back ground I am a data scientist working for a Bank.

Coming to this topic it does not matter to which country these girls belong.. it is really shameful. All the countries should take an united stand. However, I also agree with Ray sir, that if Pak has deep relation with the Soudi country it can use that to take action in such cases.

Thanks.
mahatama gandhi reborn. he forgot that we r talking of jinnah

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles