Agonies of Pakistanis

rockey 71

An open letter to PA Chief by Anonymous ---

ONE lesson from FIVE and a half martial laws from our history !

My dear Chief,

Whispers of an approaching martial law are echoing on the streets of our motherland,
people at the lowest ebb and the affluent in their drawing rooms are talking of the sleeping lion about to open his eyes.I am sure these are just figments of one's imagination,but time has again come down to this this where MILITARY INTERVENTION of any kind, looks like an option for nation's survival.
THIS IS REALLY A SAD NEWS FOR ME and millions of those who love our army and pakistan..

sir,let me remind you of a few facts,
we have had nearly 5 and a half martial laws in our history,namely,
once by the Field Marshal Ayub in 1958,
secondly by Gen Zia ul Haq in 1977,
followed by Gen Musharraf in 1999..
amusingly,to add to this list Gen Yahya Khan and mr Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto too are CMLAs of yester years.
Gen Azam Khan's local martial law in lahore during the Ahmadi crisis in 1953 needs a mention too,as that too was a MINI martial law.

sir,despite the list mentioned above as RECORDED and BORNE martial laws by the people of Pakistan,please allow me to state that PAKISTAN HAS NEVER SEEN A MARTIAL LAW..we never had any thing of the sort in reality.

The reason for my denial is the FACT that martial law by definition is a RUTHLESS regime,
intended by the military commanders for a SHORT period of time to do some LIFE SAVING
surgery which is normally not performable under the country's prevalent CONSTITUTION
or the LAWS OF THE LAND.Hence,PATRIOTIC sons of the soil in uniform assume the situation and remove the TUMOUR from the system thus saving the motherland from certain mishap.
On the contrary ,in our land of pure,every time a CMLA took over,the agenda was the same BUT the unfortunately the TUMOUR was never removed,in fact our AILMENT always become bigger and the MILITARY REGIME that came in as a messiah itself became the reason for suffocation.On all 3 occasions of the MAJOR MARTIAL LAWS,the CMLA had a humiliating exit.
Factually,while the economic and immediate RESULTS of these tenures are still debated,the duration of this SURGERY was ostentatiously longish,in all,the 3 major martial laws have spanned over nearly 50% of the total life of our country.

As in 2014,with this history of our performance,THE NEED MAY BE VERY VISIBLE BUT WHETHER BY TAKING THIS ROUTE THE REAL FRUIT CAN BE ACHIEVED IS HIGHLY DEBATABLE.

sir,i am a patriotic Pakistani hence i am no fan of a COSMETIC martial law.
The sole reason being that whenever COAS announces his take over,after few days of unrest and ARRESTS ,retaining the ex-rulers in safe custody of a covertly guarded guest houses,FINALLY a truce is reached and then they are whisked away, to be HIDDEN FROM THE EYES OF THE NEW KING for SOME time.CHIEF's loyal staff changes d ARMY FLAG and mounts the PRESIDENTIAL flag on his car and the transition is complete..MITHAI KHAO !
Realistically,few years hence a situation arises where the same son of the soil,who thought himself to be the SAVIOUR is needing PETTY lawyers to get his bail application approved in lower courts.People are hurling shoes on him on his street appearances..one CMLA is buried in Islamabad where the entire stray dog population of the capital is his sole company for decades now.In all the three martial laws the REAL BENEFICIARIES and the INSTIGATORS eventually turn out as mr clean and at times even became WHISTLE BLOWERS of their deeds.Lot many have written books accusing the ex-CMLA of his CRIMES despite their good advise to restrain him.Sad indeed,THE HERO OF THE STORY SUFFERS THE WRATH.
in my eyes,THIS IS THE LAST THING A WELL MEANING CHIEF DESERVES.
He breaks the constitution in good faith,gains nothing and ends up as a STIGMA on the forehead of OUR MOTHER INSTITUTION.All this for what? just for few years of glory and fame?

Sir,IF U HAVE ANY SIMILAR PLANS,OR EVEN IF YOU HAVE THOUGHT OF ANY THING ON THESE LINE PLEASE RETHINK..this for sure is not the way out..history speaks volumes in support of what i have said.

YES,despite the unforgettable fate of ALL the CMLAs,if my beloved chief STILL thinks he is THE SAVIOUR,and he can PULL PAKISTAN out of present troubles by breaking the fragile constitution,I HAVE A HUMBLE SUGGESTION !
sir,please do not repeat the SINGLE BIGGEST MISTAKE done by your predecessors.That is,PLEASE DO NOT LET GO OF THE SNAKES WHO CREATED THIS MUCK UNPUNISHED.
Most on the streets of Pakistan would love to hear your take over speech if it includes the following LINES,

"MAIRAY AZIZ HAMWATANON..i have taken over the CONTROL of the country,and i sadly announce that the LEADERS OF OUR PREVIOUS REGIME WERE TRIED BY A MILITARY COURT LAST NIGHT.THEY WERE CHARGED OF HIGH TREASON AND MASS CORRUPTION.ALL OF THEM WERE GIVEN A FAIR HEARING.sadly THE COURT FOUND THEM GUILTY AS CHARGED.. IT WAS PROVEN beyond doubt that they WERE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MASSIVE BLOODSHED AND OTHER MAJOR CRIMES THEY COMMITTED,i break the news to u that 1st 400 men who ruled Pakistan have been EXECUTED".

Sir,this may seem very CHILDISH an advise to you as of today but this is the BEST THING YOU CAN DO TO THIS COUNTRY..take my words,if this happens,for times to come NO SUBSEQUENT RULER SHALL DARE TO CROSS A FLIMSY LINE DRAWN on ground BY THE LAW OF THE LAND.
Sir our poor country neither has affluent financial resources nor many friends who are willing to offer help WHOLE HEARTEDLY,we have to tread this part on our own and the presence of this BLOOD SUCKING lot in our system rejuvenates with the passage of time.while the CMLA is fighting the battle of legitimacy the real illegitimates get a rebirth.This has happened each and every time they gained time.Their hands are tainted for sure,but the judicial system and their ability to hide all proofs,plus their FEAR in the hearts of the people who are involved in their trials, forbids a FAIR sentence.
If one can manage a trial free of FEAR,biases,favours on very neutral terms i am sure,and you know it too well too,the least sentence for them is to face the gallows.BUT THEY MUST BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES,please be rest assured,they are so BLACK that they do not have ONE IN A MILLION CHANCE chance of coming out WHITE.still,GIVE THEM A FAIR CHANCE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES.
God forbid,MAY you take this bloody road,but if at all you do sir,
ONE DAY some times in near future,you shall end up as a retired old man ,living in one of the Askari Colonies in Pakistan..BUTTTT sir when ever your name will be taken by a poor widow or an orphan out on the roads of Pakistan,IT SHALL BE WITH A PRAYER AND THE TONE WILL BE FULL OF GRATITUDE.
May ALLAH grant you a happy and long life sir,whenever your final moments come,
you MUST have a feeling of FULFILMENT,dignity and accomplishment in your heart,what ever ROUTE you take in next few months.
YOU SHALL LEAVE THIS PLANET WITH A SMILE ON YOUR FACE,for sure.pak fauj zinda baad,pakistan painda baad..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles