Agni V Missile

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
can anyone confirm that after agni 5 it is the turn of a true icbm of 10000 km range. i wonder when will india test a 10000 km ballistic weapon which will make even the US think twice before providing pakistan with sophisticated military equipments free of cost.

prototype

every weapons r developed according to need,we dont need a 10000 km ballistic missile,agi-5 have a maximum range of 6000 km,it is enough for now

plugwater

can anyone confirm that after agni 5 it is the turn of a true icbm of 10000 km range. i wonder when will india test a 10000 km ballistic weapon which will make even the US think twice before providing pakistan with sophisticated military equipments free of cost.
We have no hostile nations other than Pakistan and china. With the range of agni 5 we can reach any part of china. and threatening USA with missile is a very bad idea.

Agantrope

India always understate the range of missiles. A-3 can reach as far as 5K Kms

ahmedsid

Top Gun
China is getting a strong message with this! India is not scared, nor is it a pushover! We are no ones minion!!!

Illusive

Country flag
We have no hostile nations other than Pakistan and china. With the range of agni 5 we can reach any part of china. and threatening USA with missile is a very bad idea.
Its not threatening US, but safeguarding our national security. India won't be using any nuclear missile anyway that doesn't mean we must stop producing it, icbm is just a show of capability to strike anywhere in the globe and to be a superpower we must posses that capability.

plugwater

Even if develop this technology we wont show it to the world it will bring unnecessary attention towards us and why do you want a ICBM with no country to attack ? also its damn expensive to maintain a ICBM regiment.

SHASH2K2

Its not threatening US, but safeguarding our national security. India won't be using any nuclear missile anyway that doesn't mean we must stop producing it, icbm is just a show of capability to strike anywhere in the globe and to be a superpower we must posses that capability.
We are very very far away from being a superpower. If we need to strike someone more than 7-8 K away we can still strike them using our nuclear subs . As of now there is no need to bring in unnecessary -ve attention to the country.

Illusive

Country flag
We are very very far away from being a superpower. If we need to strike someone more than 7-8 K away we can still strike them using our nuclear subs . As of now there is no need to bring in unnecessary -ve attention to the country.
Its not like as of now India would produce it, we are not a superpower now, but we will be in future if we continue the way we are going or better, it has to be gradual, may be 15 years from now, if nuclear subs are so capable then i guess China invested badly.

SHASH2K2

Its not like as of now India would produce it, we are not a superpower now, but we will be in future if we continue the way we are going or better, it has to be gradual, may be 15 years from now, if nuclear subs are so capable then i guess China invested badly.
If we can send rockets in space we very well can build ICBM that too on very short notice.

sandeepdg

The Chinese will start getting nervous once the tests of Agni-5 become successful !! :happy_2:

Illusive

Country flag
its ironic that they are getting nervous since they have far more IRBM which can strike anywhere in India, still i like them seeing cranky about it, India scored an equalizer.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@GOD, Agni 5 is not equalizer, but the very fact that their capital and there financial capital comes within the range of Agni 5 with MIRVs planned after few test is giving them sleepless night.

gogbot

That's right we have to prioritize our needs,
After A5 , so far as missile range is concerned , it is sufficient to fulfill our operational needs , what we do at this point is miniaturization and evolution.
putting the A5 on nuclear submarines would be our first priority.

If we accomplished that the Tech would have been miniaturized to what we need.
Making a longer range missile then only becomes a matter of organizing more funding , with the only incentive being this new missile will take in design advanced made in the last few years

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We can safely assume that once the A5 is tested as also the MIRV, india will increase the number of warheads too. It would not make sense to have say in the future at least 20 A5s and maintain only 90-100 warheads. If we consider 5 warheads per missile meaning 5 MIRVs per missile, that would mean a 100 warheads just for A5s. So I would say india will up its stockpile to somewhere around 200 warheads.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This news pleases me.

Next Step should be to submarine version without any deduction range...and then to build true icbm with 15,000km range.

smartindian

Country flag
yes it is a perfect time to test. so we can show our might to chinese . when they denied the visa to our respected general of northern command.
it will be a perfect action against Chinese
i am really waiting for the test

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
How many warheads are going to be on Agni 5 MIRV?? i heard 3-10??
i think it will be multiple of three. as three cons of warhead will be easy to fit. for the median test of the MIRVs on missile (but them i may be wrong given the fact that India has vast experience to launch different satellites at different hight at one go.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles