Agni V Missile test launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
what was the speed of the rv while it was descending towars it's target?

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
so an RV coming at fast pace getting red hot with re entry into atosphere can cause fireball when it hit water. :thumb:
It glides down in a parachute slowly, it does not splash down in any dramatic fashion i think?

Real pic of the RV may not be shown, may be US navy ships from Dieago Garcia took over! :D

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
some interesting tid bits

Launch of Agni-V only the beginning of new series: DRDO chief - India - DNA

On how indigenous technology had contributed to the launch of Agni-V, Saraswat said that most of the components like rocket motors and propellants had been made within the country. It is 80% indigenous, he said.

"When I said 80 per cent, the propelling system, the rocket motors, the composite rocket motors, the propellants, the control system elements, onboard computers, mission computers, all these softwares, complete mission softwares are part of indigenous development exercise," he said.

"That gives us the required strength that nobody can now blackmail us as far as this technology is concerned," he said.

"Today we have the capability because our electronics, our navigation systems are highly miniaturised. We have developed a system on chip (such) that complete missile electronics can be resident on a single chip," he said.

pmaitra

19 is a very good day...i was born on a 19th.
This should go into the Astrology thread, but 19 -> 1+9 -> 10 -> 1+0 -> 1, and that number is ruled by Sun, which also signifies Agni, i.e. fire. :)

pmaitra

Guys you must see these western reactions you will die out of laugh
See some of the comments from BBC
Presumably sanctions will now be put in place against India, just like North Korea. Or maybe we can just invade, like we did in Iraq when they allegedly had weapons of . No? I wonder why not - something to do with what gives the greatest profit, perhaps.
India's argument for developing a space program and a nuclear weapons programme is credible. They want to become a first world country with a first world industry. So far so good. But the distribution of government taxes in India should be up to the Indian voters. Unfortunately the UK voters do not have a say in the distribution of UK tax money as all parties support further aid to India.
So India can have long range weapons and that is OK but Iran is not allowed to have them??
This is first class news,glad to see that British taxpayers money is being spent on Indian WMD,and not being wasted.
British OAPs may be losing their tax breaks,but they can always put another jumper on to keep warm,even if they can't afford a nice hot pasty
India's argument for developing a space program and a nuclear weapons programme is credible. They want to become a first world country with a first world industry. So far so good. But the distribution of government taxes in India should be up to the Indian voters. Unfortunately the UK voters do not have a say in the distribution of UK tax money as all parties support further aid to India.
I like this comment. Someone actually cares about the Indian taxpayer and does not want these Indian taxpayers to suffer.

So India can have long range weapons and that is OK but Iran is not allowed to have them??
Nothing unfair in this comment. It definitely points out western hypocrisy.

pmaitra

MIRV has not been tested today.

No it will not and cannot have 10 MIRVs unless you want bomblets on it.

I have told earlier, 1 ton payload divided by 10 MIRV means each warhead will be of 100kgs. I really don't think India has that kind of miniaturized warheads to fit a 250Kt device in 100kgs.

American w88 weighs 400 kgs with variable yield of 300-450kt. W76 weighs 176kgs with a yield of 100kt.
I don't suppose you are going to use an ICBM with 10 Hiroshima yield warheads.

Do the math mate. 1Ton Payload. Even the W76 with a yield of 100kt weighs 176kgs. Does India have that kind of sophistication?
You are absolutely correct with the math, but you are forgetting decoys. From that angle, we might as well carry 3 real bombs, (or 2), and the rest duds.

pmaitra

Anyone that says it is an irbm should be banned on the spot :mad:

two points that are facts:

1. it is an icbm
2. its actual range is around 8000 km
One of those rare occasions when I have to disagree.

Anyone calling it an ICBM should be banned. (just kidding)

No, this is not an ICBM. This is a 5000+ km weapon, and we don't even know if it can go beyond 5500 km. It is all speculation. I wish we had 8000 km missiles, but seeing is believing. Until India tests an 8000 km missile, or at least 5501 km missile, any claims of India having ICBM is theoretical.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Thanks for posting.

Just to keep it fair, I'd say many British commentators at ARRSE are not caustic rather empathetic to why India tested this missile. Not everyone in UK is obsessed with the 'poor and hungry' in India. :)
Thats because they been raided from here a few times and it has knocked some sense into them.

Anonymouse

Country flag
One of those rare occasions when I have to disagree.

Anyone calling it an ICBM should be banned. (just kidding)

No, this is not an ICBM. This is a 5000+ km weapon, and we don't even know if it can go beyond 5500 km. It is all speculation. I wish we had 8000 km missiles, but seeing is believing. Until India tests an 8000 km missile, or at least 5501 km missile, any claims of India having ICBM is theoretical.
You should see this interview from Dr. Saraswat, Dr. Chander & Dr. Tessy Thomas. At 16:08, Dr. Saraswat says it reached MACH 25+. That is clearly in ICBM territory.

Agni V launch: A strategic milestone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles