Agni V Missile test launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country flag
USA's fear maybe unstable Pakistan will get an ICBM from China ??Equal- Equal ,China probably
getting a gift ready now. North Korea's longer range missiles probably also originate in China.

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Even if one buys the suggestion to restrict nukes to SSBNs for sometime the obvious question that arises, what do we do till then? Try to launch all BMs including A-V from predicted locations? Isn't that a serious compromise?

ajay_ijn

Country flag
USA's fear maybe unstable Pakistan will get an ICBM from China ??Equal- Equal ,China probably
getting a gift ready now.
Besides US knows Indian Babus can be tamed under international political pressure despite the independent foreign policy, take no-risk defensive approach to any foreign policy issue. Doesn't have many balls to go against US openly.

Last edited:

Nirvana

Agni v can be tested in this week - 14 or 15th of april very likely

Country flag
Besides US knows Indian Babus can be tamed under international political pressure despite the independent foreign policy, take no-risk defensive approach to any foreign policy issue. Doesn't have many balls to go against US openly.
It's Pakistan USA is worried about Pakistan's nuclear bomb is a Islamic nuke
USA does not want a islamic ICBM that pak will share with all.

trackwhack

You may call me a fool, TW, but there is something I know about you. You hate the US but there is a reason, probably financial, you must live here. I predict that when you return to your homeland, you will just as unhappy as you are now. There is something eating at you for which there is no geographical solution.

More time to respond to your tripe.

I do hate the US, of course I live here. You are implying that the the reason for hate is financial which is quite childish and nothing but a bait for me to go berserk on. No, my hate is because the US has been the scourge of peace in the world since WW2. The US has gone out of its way to dictate how other people behave/live. You have no moral authority to police the world, but you do so anyway.

Further to all this, the financial domination you have established on the world through sheer exploitation boggles the mind in terms of the scale of immorality. By thrusting dollars printed out of thin air on the world, you a nation with 300 million, practically consumes 30% of the worlds resources all fueled by debt, borrowed from the poorest of the poor in other countries. You enjoy unearned wealth through cheap goods produced at sweatshops
halfway around the world and then you are proud of your financial might? Stuff it man.

Now I repeat what I have said on here several times before - My association with the United States is purely economical. I am exploiting the financial loopholes created by your country because I am smart enough to do so. My services get paid a shitload of money which is worth 5 times as much back home allowing me to enjoy a life of financial excess when I am retired at a relatively young age of 32. And I did that by exploiting the very financial system that your government created to achieve financial domination.

Now the icing on the cake. While I have managed to exploit the dollar exchange rate and Purchasing power of the rupee relative to the dollar, the US will not be able to maintain this exchange rate for much longer as India's spending power increases. Thus while the rupees that I convert my dollars to increase in value relative to real inflation over the next few years, the dollars that the Fed prints will lose their value relative to other currencies and inflation over the next decade or two. Your pyramid of false wealth will cease to exist.

Now something to infuriate you - There is nothing you can do about the fact that I, an Indian, works and earns a living in the US, despite my obvious contempt for this country. In fact if I were deported based on this rambling, I'd flip you the bird and fly away proudly.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
Even if one buys the suggestion to restrict nukes to SSBNs for sometime the obvious question that arises, what do we do till then? Try to launch all BMs including A-V from predicted locations? Isn't that a serious compromise?
yes it is, thats why we are trying to develop Agni-V. Border issue with chinese is not that tense anymore, hence the chaltha hai attitude about developing deterrence against China. We are definitely late in developing these missiles, should have done years ago, thanks to US pressure in 90s, there were delays with IRBM development.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This is the official answer as far as I know.

No first use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well the same reason applied to India when i say we must have 15000km+ icbm's.

Who's to say what happens in the future (maybe a mental nutter becomes president ? most of the candidates are already batshit and they're getting worse every election)...always better to be safe than sorry. And a good way to be safe is to have multiple options by which to hit your potential enemy in the future.

India has a no first use policy aswell.

"The United States will not use or threaten to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear weapons states that are party to the NPT and in compliance with their nuclear non-proliferation obligations."
India has not signed the NPT....all the more reason get ICBM that can reach usa because afterall according to your govt's official line we can be threatened with nukes since we haven't signed the NPT.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Well the same reason applied to India when i say we must have 15000km+ icbm's.

Who's to say what happens in the future (maybe a mental nutter becomes president ? most of the candidates are already batshit and they're getting worse every election)...always better to be safe than sorry. And a good way to be safe is to have multiple options by which to hit your potential enemy in the future.

India has a no first use policy aswell.

India has not signed the NPT....all the more reason get ICBM that can reach usa because afterall according to your govt's official line we can be threatened with nukes since we haven't signed the NPT.
I still find the "India über alles" meme on DFI to be an aberration. The idea seems to be that some day India will grow up to be just as obnoxious bully as it accuses the US of being. :-D

trackwhack

I still find the "India über alles" meme on DFI to be an aberration. The idea seems to be that some day India will grow up to be just as obnoxious bully as it accuses the US of being. :-D
No, we just need to be ready to defend ourselves from obnoxious bullies like the US.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
More time to respond to your tripe.

I do hate the US, of course I live here. You are implying that the the reason for hate is financial which is quite childish and nothing but a bait for me to go berserk on. No, my hate is because the US has been the scourge of peace in the world since WW2. The US has gone out of its way to dictate how other people behave/live. You have no moral authority to police the world, but you do so anyway.

Further to all this, the financial domination you have established on the world through sheer exploitation boggles the mind in terms of the scale of immorality. By thrusting dollars printed out of thin air on the world, you a nation with 300 million, practically consumes 30% of the worlds resources all fueled by debt, borrowed from the poorest of the poor in other countries. You enjoy unearned wealth through cheap goods produced at sweatshops
halfway around the world and then you are proud of your financial might? Stuff it man.

Now I repeat what I have said on here several times before - My association with the United States is purely economical. I am exploiting the financial loopholes created by your country because I am smart enough to do so. My services get paid a shitload of money which is worth 5 times as much back home allowing me to enjoy a life of financial excess when I am retired at a relatively young age of 32. And I did that by exploiting the very financial system that your government created to achieve financial domination.

Now the icing on the cake. While I have managed to exploit the dollar exchange rate and Purchasing power of the rupee relative to the dollar, the US will not be able to maintain this exchange rate for much longer as India's spending power increases. Thus while the rupees that I convert my dollars to increase in value relative to real inflation over the next few years, the dollars that the Fed prints will lose their value relative to other currencies and inflation over the next decade or two. Your pyramid of false wealth will cease to exist.

Now something to infuriate you - There is nothing you can do about the fact that I, an Indian, works and earns a living in the US, despite my obvious contempt for this country. In fact if I were deported based on this rambling, I'd flip you the bird and fly away proudly.
Should I be infuriated by your stamping your little foot

A lot of baggage you have to carry around. A goal of vindication and revenge will not make you happy no matter how much wealth you amass.

You are implying that the the reason for hate is financial which is quite childish...
Not what I said, if you look.

I think, unless you change, you will go back home and build your farm, then spend the rest of your days in strife with your neighbors.

trackwhack

Should I be infuriated by your stamping your little foot

A lot of baggage you have to carry around. A goal of vindication and revenge will not make you happy no matter how much wealth you amass.

Not what I said, if you look.

I think, unless you change, you will go back home and build your farm, then spend the rest of your days in strife with your neighbors.
Are you gonna bark all day ... or are you gonna bite? Sounds like you dont take it too well when you are served up some of your non-sense.

My neighbours love me, I send their kids to school. They take care of my property, ask me advice on investments and have as much respect for me as I do for them. Go fish.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Are you gonna bark all day ... or are you gonna bite? Sounds like you dont take it too well when you are served up some of your non-sense.
I am 25 miles away from where you are right now, we could get together for a beer after work tomorrow :-D Linden is half-way - - know a good place there on Route 9?

Adux

Country flag
Has any super power of its era in the history of mankind behaved differently than the way United States currently does? Doesnt India dictate how Burma, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh should behave, what moral authority do we have? other than the fact, that what US is to the world, we are to south Asia.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Has any super power of its era in the history of mankind behaved differently than the way United States currently does? Doesnt India dictate how Burma, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh should behave, what moral authority do we have? other than the fact, that what US is to the world, we are to south Asia.
Agreed.

Thats why we should be prepared for all eventualities rather than pretend "democracy loving west" will not go against "the world biggest democracy". It is precisely this attitude that makes us lag behind.

Adux

Country flag
We will have a short - medium extremely ally mode relationship with US, 2050-2060, after that it will be India all the way.

trackwhack

I am 25 miles away from where you are right now, we could get together for a beer after work tomorrow :-D Linden is half-way - - know a good place there on Route 9?
I dont drive in the US but anytime after 6 PM anywhere in the city is good for me. Your call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles