Afzal Guru Hanged !

bhramos

Country flag
The government is expected to make a major announcement on hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru soon, sources said on Saturday. According to sources, the terrorist may have already been hanged or would be hanged soon.

The government is likely to make an announcement around 8.30 am, sources said.

The sources said this could be in response to the Opposition parties' accusations of double-standard on part of the government especially after 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks convict Ajmal Kasab was hanged.

Govt to announce decision on hanging Afzal Guru shortly, say sources - India - IBNLive

pmaitra

Link: afzal guru hanged - अफजल गुरु को तिहाड़ में दी गई फांसी - www.bhaskar.com

नई दिल्-ली. संसद पर हुए हमले मामले में दोषी करार दिए गए अफजल गुरु को फांसी दे दी गई है। सूत्रों के मुताबिक अफजल गुरु को आज तड़के तिहाड़ जेल में गुपचुप तरीके से फांसी दी गई है। सुप्रीम कोर्ट ने अफजल की फांसी की सजा सुनाई थी। राष्-ट्रपति ने भी अफजल की दया याचिका खारिज कर दी थी।

इस बीच, किसी तरह की अनहोनी की आशंका के मद्देनजर जम्-मू-कश्-मीर में हाई अलर्ट घोषित कर दिया गया है। श्रीनगर में अघोषित कर्फ्यू की भी खबर है।
Red: According to sources, Afzal Guru has been clandestinely hanged in Tihar Jail.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Afzal Guru's mercy petition rejected, execution soon: sources | NDTV.com

Afzal Guru to be hanged: Reports

Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist Afzal Guru's mercy petition has been rejected by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee. He is set to be hanged soon, said reports.

Guru was convicted in the parliament attack case in December 2001. Sources said curfew had been imposed in several parts of Jammu and Kashmir. TV channels were stopped from being broadcast in various parts of the state. Internet link was also likely to be jammed.

Guru was awarded death sentence by the Supreme Court in 2004. Official confirmation was expected in sometime.

In November last year, terrorist convicted in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks Ajmal Kasab was hanged in Pune's Yerwada Jail.
Afzal Guru to be hanged: Reports - Oneindia News

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I am hearing Curfew imposed in Srinagar. Can anybody confirm ?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
This is one hell of a News.

I am sorry for the loss of one Indian but justice has been done and the same is paramount.

Good for India.

KS

Bye bye DFI
@nrj - curfew in Srinagar, Baramulla, Anantnag, Sopore and other sensitive areas

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
LTTE and BKI terrorists on the list next :)

or have they already been pardoned by madama patel

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why the hell was curfew enforced in Kashmir? What nonsense.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Why the hell was curfew enforced in Kashmir? What nonsense.
I think its good, it wouldn't take few stones to declare it as a massive protest for Hurriyat goons and crocodiles in Pakistan to show how pro kashmiri freedom they both are.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I think its good, it wouldn't take few stones to declare it as a massive protest for Hurriyat goons and crocodiles in Pakistan to show how pro kashmiri freedom they both are.
He should have been hanged a month ago then hurriyat would have even found it hard to find paid stone pelters in the chill in early morning :laugh:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Duh, that presents an opportunity to round up terror sympathizers.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles