After Indira Gandhi's death, US assessed India could've crippled Pakistans nuclear plants

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
That fu***** Morarji desai exposed all the details to Zia ul Haq on a call, in late 70's. Hence Before any operation Pakis were already prepared to meet any threat. BC aise toh jahil aur cowards leader hai humarey yahan.. there fore even after the assassination India couldn't do anything.

I feel such a shame taking their names. Another was IK Gujral...

Country flag
That fu***** Morarji desai exposed all the details to Zia ul Haq on a call, in late 70's. Hence Before any operation Pakis were already prepared to meet any threat. BC aise toh jahil aur cowards leader hai humarey yahan.. there fore even after the assassination India couldn't do anything.

I feel such a shame taking their names. Another was IK Gujral...
There was still a window before Reagan gave F-16 to Pak and even a few years after where India could have done it. Even Israel was ready too see link below.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
There was still a window before Reagan gave F-16 to Pak and even a few years after where India could have done it. Even Israel was ready too see link below.
India is democratic country and little window is not sufficient for Indian planners to act. They need full 10 years to prepare.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I wish Israel themselves would have gone ahead and done it. Even without India's permission or help. I would have been greatfull to Israel for that.

Country flag
India is democratic country and little window is not sufficient for Indian planners to act. They need full 10 years to prepare.
10 years is quick more along the lines of 20 then reject like MRCA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I wish Israel themselves would have gone ahead and done it. Even without India's permission or help. I would have been greatfull to Israel for that.
because they involved India their mission failed due to lack of military ethics in India. :p

Kshatriya87

Country flag
because they involved India their mission failed due to lack of military ethics in India. :p
Exactly. Also, I'm not sure if at that time Israeli fighters could fly all the way to Pakistan without refuelling. For Israel to destroy paki nuclear facilities, Indian help was a must.

Neo

Israeli attack formation was already airborne in 1982 to destroy Kahuta before Islamabad was alerted by KSAF AWACS who had picked up the movement. As result, PAF sounded red alert and within an hour more than 300 jets were airborne with a simple task to be noticed by US spysats. The mass movement was picked up quite fast, Washington was taken by surprise.
Bullying New Delhi was easier than Tel Aviv hence pressure was on India to call off the assault and deny ISDF landing of refuelling facilities. Israel aborted the mission and the jets returned to their bases.

One of the PAF legends to be airborne that day was none less than our own PAF veteran Murad K, some might know him from old PDF.

US' action was motivated due to Pakistan's importance and role in the Soviet-Afghan was. Washington could not afford to alienate a front line ally due to this misadventure.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
We missed that once. We should try do it now. Musalman (except kalam type) don't deserve to be arm with Nuclear weapons. They only deserve to ride on their camels and do Haj once in their lifetime eating khajoor. They don't deserve to be in Europe or west. We wony mind if Musalman possess the entire Goats, Sheep and Camels of the world but Nuclear weapons.

75 % of world and its gift are Haram anyway. No booze, no dancing and music etc.

On a serious note - we might missed a chance in the 80s but not all is lost. We should make it clear to the Pakis that any Nuclear attack on Indian troops and Indian soil will invite a Nuclear retaliation on the entire Musalman world.

That means Jamal and Mustafa sitting in Basra and Madina will be our legitimate target in case of Nuclear war.

Last edited:

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
Exactly. Also, I'm not sure if at that time Israeli fighters could fly all the way to Pakistan without refuelling. For Israel to destroy paki nuclear facilities, Indian help was a must.

India Should be barbaric and brutal in its policies (espescially In Millitary one

Country flag
Israeli attack formation was already airborne in 1982 to destroy Kahuta before Islamabad was alerted by KSAF AWACS who had picked up the movement. As result, PAF sounded red alert and within an hour more than 300 jets were airborne with a simple task to be noticed by US spysats. The mass movement was picked up quite fast, Washington was taken by surprise.
Bullying New Delhi was easier than Tel Aviv hence pressure was on India to call off the assault and deny ISDF landing of refuelling facilities. Israel aborted the mission and the jets returned to their bases.

One of the PAF legends to be airborne that day was none less than our own PAF veteran Murad K, some might know him from old PDF.

US' action was motivated due to Pakistan's importance and role in the Soviet-Afghan was. Washington could not afford to alienate a front line ally due to this misadventure.
Neo I do not recall Pakistan having 300 battle ready jets any time in recent history?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Neo I do not recall Pakistan having 300 battle ready jets any time in recent history?

He is bluffing.
The PAF was on alert and element of surpize was gone.

Neo

Airworthy and battle ready are two different things. All that could fly was scrambled, we weren't going to war but needed to show mass movements and it worked; India backed off.

It was a moral victory for PAF and an embarrassment for IDAF who had been training for months in the Negev where a full scale replica of Kahuta was specially constructed for this purpose.

Initially Israel had requested access to Jamnagar AFB in Gujarat which was declined. India would only host the jets after the raid hence plans were made to shoot down an Islamabad bound passenger liner above the Arab Sea and follow its route in a very close formation to avoid detection, attack Kahuta and land in Jammu.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Airworthy and battle ready are two different things. All that could fly was scrambled, we weren't going to war but needed to show mass movements and it worked; India backed off.

It was a moral victory for PAF and an embarrassment for IDAF who had been training for months in the Negev where a full scale replica of Kahuta was specially constructed for this purpose.

Initially Israel had requested access to Jamnagar AFB in Gujarat which was declined. India would only host the jets after the raid hence plans were made to shoot down an Islamabad bound passenger liner above the Arab Sea and follow its route in a very close formation to avoid detection, attack Kahuta and land in Jammu.
All that could fly was scrambled? Can you explain what all could fly at the time?

Neo

any credible sources that prove India was in Israel training? @Neo
Israel and India have always denied the incident but as far as I know, India only had a passive role to let the Israeli jets land and fuel and provide a safe passage out.

Hopefully we will learn more in the future if US releases any classified info.

I am otm shank

Israel and India have always denied the incident but as far as I know, India only had a passive role to let the Israeli jets land and fuel and provide a safe passage out.

Hopefully we will learn more in the future if US releases any classified info.
what you posted was the Indian air force was being trained in the negev on mock ups of Pakistani installations. Some credible proofs of these claims would be appreciated.like otherwise they seem highly unlikely

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles