After FB, Pak further bans Flickr, Youtube & Wikipedia. Edit Twitter, Blackberry too

Iamanidiot

No Protests in Isloo at all, Islamabad is the most sleepy city on the planet, they are all indulged in their own world..
It is half the size of Arlington cemetry and Twice as silent so is the rumour

DaRk WaVe

Once the seat of excellence university of Punjab university at lahore has been totally destroyed by JI.Many of the top politician/scientist of present day india etc were the product of university of punjab like our very own ISRO scientist Satish dhawan was from unv. of punjab lahore and the two nobel laurette like Dr. har govind khurana and Dr. Abdus Salam were all from univ. of punjab.JI has totally destroyed such a fine university.
what i ahve heard form one of my friends that JI Tulba have almost zero control over their 'property' in University of Punjab, they are no longer as strong as they were before...

It is half the size of Arlington cemetry and Twice as silent so is the rumour
lol, the bold part is absolutely ture...

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
No Protests in Isloo at all, Islamabad is the most sleepy city on the planet, they are all indulged in their own world..
or is it like the isb/muree is the seat of all political/military elites in the

pakistan cut of from the real pakistan outside these two cities.even in karachi areas like gulshan-e-iqbal and johar etc are cut off from elites suburbs of DHA etc.

DaRk WaVe

or is it like the isb/muree is the seat of all political/military elites in the

pakistan cut of from the real pakistan outside these two cities.even in karachi areas like gulshan-e-iqbal and johar etc are cut off from elites suburbs of DHA etc.
not really

there are elites but whole of Isloo is not just elite, there are a few sectors which has like 90% of its population 'elite', DHA of Karachi is one of its kind, even i saw stunned when i was first saw it :D

Muree is more of a tourist spot, but don't ignore Rawalpindi :)

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
what i ahve heard form one of my friends that JI Tulba have almost zero control over their 'property' in University of Punjab, they are no longer as strong as they were before...

lol, the bold part is absolutely ture...
i was talking about incidents like this and many more on univ. of punjab campus.there were barage of articles and letters written to pakistani newspapers against IJT take over of univ.of punjab and their hooliganism on univ campus in early april and even this month.

Professor injured: IJT displays brute force on campus

By Mansoor Malik
Friday, 02 Apr, 2010

LAHORE, April 1: Activists of the Islami Jamiat Tulaba allegedly injured Punjab University Discipline Committee chairman Prof Dr Iftikhar Husain Baloch, ransacked his office and broke windscreens of three vehicles here on Thursday. They left the official bleeding with head injury.

Some 30 IJT activists earlier ransacked the vice-chancellor's residence and broke the glass door of the VC's office as well as other offices in the administration block.

Prof Baloch was taken to the Shaikh Zayed Hospital where he was provided an initial treatment and sent to the Services Hospital for registration of a medico-legal case (MLC).

The IJT activists went berserk after the university administration notified on Thursday expulsion of four of them and rustication of two others on the recommendation of the Discipline Committee. They were: Hafiz Qasim, Malik Tariq, Saqibur Rehman, Hafiz Wajid Ali, Mamoonur Rehman and Rehan Khan.

Meanwhile, PU Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr Mujahid Kamran said the attack on the discipline committee chairman was a "murder attempt" and that "this day will be remembered as a black day in the history of the university".

Speaking at a news conference at the PU Executive Club afterwards, the VC quoted Prof Baloch as saying in the hospital that "the Jamiat activists while leaving him in blood said that Baloch had died". Condemning the incident, the VC urged the chief minister to take action as the law and order situation on the varsity campus had gone out of control.

Punjab University Academic Staff Association President Prof Dr Mahr Saeed Akhtar also condemned the incident, saying such a horrendous act was unacceptable. He urged the government to take action against the hooligans to ensure peaceful academic environment on the campus.

He called PUASA general body meeting on Friday (today) at 10am to discuss the situation and plan further strategy.

PUASA Secretary-General Javed Samee said there would be no classes on the campus until the IJT activists were wiped out. Later, he told reporters that the teachers would not attend the meeting and observe strike.

The five-member PU Discipline Committee, headed by Prof Baloch (who is also principal of the College of Earth and Environmental Sciences), had taken up the discipline violation cases with regard to cutting of barriers of underpass No 1 near Project Director office by Hafiz Qasim and Malik Tariq; kidnapping from Room No 4 (Boys Hostel No 4) by Saqibur Rehman; clash between two political groups – IJT and Insaaf Students Federation at Hailey College of Commerce – with nominated accused Hafiz Wajid, Mamoonur Rehman and Rehan Khan.

The committee held its meetings on Feb 4, 22 and March 12 and gave its unanimous decision on March 30. Consequently, the vice chancellor ordered the registrar to notify expulsions and rustications.

The IJT activists began their protest by blocking Canal Road about which their spokesman informed the education reporters through SMS. However, they opened the road within a few minutes on the intervention of some IJT nazims (in the university).

Later, they reached the VC office and broke glass door and flowerpots outside and threw stones at windowpanes of various offices. The IJT activists, equipped with batons, later moved towards the VC House and broke the nameplate and flowerpots, and damaged the main gate. Some activists also entered the house without any fear.

As they came out, the activists snatched a cell phone from a journalist witnessing their action. On the intervention of some IJT activists known to the journalist, the cell phone was returned but with all the data in the memory erased.

The assailants refused to listen to some IJT nazims' calls for peace and went to the College of Earth and Environmental Sciences and damaged property, including three official vehicles. Prof Baloch locked the office from inside but they broke open the door and dragged him, followed by thrashing and clubbing of the academic leading to head injury.

Resident Officer Shahid Gul and other officials took Prof Baloch to the Shaikh Zayed Hospital. Dr Kamran and a number of university teachers reached the hospital and condemned the incident in strongest terms.

VC: Prof Kamran says Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif should take notice of the law and order situation and wipe out political student organisations from the university campuses. He said that he would meet the chief minister soon.

He said the varsity administration had expelled and rusticated several students for violating university rules and got cases registered against them but police never took proper action against the accused.

The VC said that there were only a handful of IJT activists illegally residing in university hostels trying to paralyse the varsity administration. He said the activists were even subjecting teachers to torture and humiliation. He said that on Wednesday three IJT activists humiliated a senior teacher at Shaikh Zayed Islamic Centre (SZIC), tore down his clothes and made video footage of the episode. Later, they demanded Rs1 million from the teacher "for not airing the footage on a TV channel". The VC said an FIR was lodged with the Muslim Town police late on Wednesday.

Similarly, he said, the IJT activists also thrashed a sweeper, who was removing book fair posters put up by the IJT activists. He said the administration had closed down all IJT offices in the university and had established its writ to some extent.

Prof Kamran said an FIR into Prof Baloch's incident was being lodged with the police, while an FIR about SZIC's teacher was lodged and accused Kashif was arrested by the police. He said the university had around 300 security guards but there was no force that could tackle hooligans.

PUASA general secretary Javed Samee said the SZIC teacher was humiliated by three IJT activists – Kashif, Rashid Mansoor Khan and outsider Rehan.

Also, Insaaf Students Federation activists staged a protest demonstration outside PU Executive Club against IJT activists' highhandedness.

IJT: PU IJT Nazim Hassaan Bin Salman said the IJT condemned all those, who tortured the university teacher. He said the IJT had always tried to promote peaceful educational environment on the varsity campus.

He said the expelled students had protested against their expulsion and blocked Canal Road, which he himself asked the protesters to open the road.

He said 5 to 30 expelled students tortured Prof Baloch and damaged university property. He said it was wrong to blame IJT for these incidents. He said the PU administration was propagating against IJT ahead of a book fair being organised by the IJT.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
not really

there are elites but whole of Isloo is not just elite, there are a few sectors which has like 90% of its population 'elite', DHA of Karachi is one of its kind, even i saw stunned when i was first saw it :D

Anyway GHQ is being shifted from rwp to isb leaving it all to the civilians.Muree is kinda dehradoon as in case of indian army.There is no PMA in muree but half the mureeis private property of retired/serving military officers.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

not really

what will be the avg asset an elite will be having in pakistan say a few billion dollars or something like that.I heard they live quite a lifestyle

DaRk WaVe

Anyway GHQ is being shifted from rwp to isb leaving it all to the civilians.Muree is kinda dehradoon as in case of indian army.
NO, only NHQs(sector E-8) & AHQs(sector E-9) have been shifted, the new GHQ is no where near completion & if i am not wrong work was stopped due to lack of funds, it will take some years before GHQ moves to Isloo

what will be the avg asset an elite will be having in pakistan say a few billion dollars or something like that.I heard they live quite a lifestyle
Now i dont have 'elite relatives' but Prime Minister House is certainly a 'Mughal Palace', as i told you there are only a few sectors with 'elites'

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

NO, only NHQs(sector E-8) & AHQs(sector E-9) have been shifted, the new GHQ is no where near completion & if i am not wrong work was stopped due to lack of funds, it will take some years before GHQ moves to Isloo

Now i dont have 'elite relatives' but Prime Minister House is certainly a 'Mughal Palace', as i told you there are only a few sectors with 'elites'
come on madam iam asking an estimate how much moolah they have 1 billion dollars to even more.You dont have lutyens bungalows in islamabad for the elite there

Last edited:

Quickgun Murugan

My pakistani friend here was telling, this is a new method to save electricity.

Nevertheless, why youtube got banned?

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned

But i thought GHQ will come under Green zone expanding from G-5 and F-5 sectors from Khayban-e-Soharwardi to Margala road.I tihink if i remember correctly even F-10 onwards it was assumed to be green zone .i mean very very high security area zone and to enter this area you need to have the pass issued directly by the prime minster secretariat.

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Countrywide protests against Facebook

Students hold a banner as they shout slogans during a protest against Facebook in Lahore. The Lahore High Court ordered the government to block Facebook after press reports of a competition being held to draw the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), a lawyer said. –Reuters Photo/Mohsin Raza

ISLAMABAD: Demonstrations were held across the country on Wednesday in protest against the social networking website, Facebook.
At a demonstration outside the Parliament House, protesters urged the government to raise the issue at the international level. They criticised the West for carrying out and encouraging blasphemous acts.

Addressing a press conference later, Talha Mehmood, chairman of the Senate standing committee on interior affairs, urged the government to redefine its relations with the West against the backdrop of an increase in incidents hurting religious sentiments of the Muslims. He appealed to the OIC to raise the issue at relevant forums.

The senator also condemned a decision of the French parliament to impose restrictions on wearing veil.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Facebook users warned about 'sexiest video' attack

Facebook groups have also been created to warn users against clicking on the "sexiest video ever" link lest they want their computers to be infected. —Screen capture

SINGAPORE: A computer security company on Tuesday warned Facebook users against clicking on a link claiming to be the "sexiest video ever" which is actually a trap designed to infect computers.

The firm, Sophos, said that thousands of users have been hit by the malicious post, which appears to come from a friend's Facebook account.

The posting reads: "This is without doubt the sexiest video ever!" and is accompanied by what seems to be a movie thumbnail of a woman wearing a short skirt on an exercise bike.

Sophos warned Facebook clients against clicking on the thumbnail, which does not play the video but takes users to a page telling them they do not have the correct software installed.

It then tricks users into installing adware, a software package that automatically plays, displays or downloads advertisements to their computer.

"You may want to watch a sexy video, but you're more likely to end up being plagued by pop-up advertising," said Graham Cluley, a senior technology consultant at Sophos.

"Not only is adware being installed in your computer, but the rogue Facebook application is posting the same message to all of your friends' accounts," he said.

"It's no surprise that your friends might click to watch the movie when it looks to all intents and purposes that you are the person who has sent it to them."

Cluley advised those who had been affected by this attack to scan their computers with anti-virus software, change their passwords, review their Facebook application settings and remove whatever was installed. -AFP

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Many blasphemous sites still exist

Thursday, May 20, 2010
By Moayyed Jafri

LAHORE

The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, in compliance with the Lahore High Court order, has banned access to Facebook for promoting blasphemous activity, however, dozens of sites doing the same are still accessible at large.

The LHC issued the orders at about 11am but the ban was implemented at 5:15 pm partially on access through computers.

The internet services on all mobile phones and a couple of Internet Service Providers (ISP), however, continued unchecked all day and the restricted pages were easily accessible for all their GPRS and Black Berry services. In addition, the Facebook access through Facebook's official web-tunneling tool www.facebookfirewall.com was also ignored.

Banning a particular website is not rocket science and even an amateur of the IT sector can do that, but it took the PTA some six hours to ban just the parent website. The Telecom Operators were not intimated of the ban policy by the PTA until 5:30 pm. The delay accounted for subsequent delays in all telecom operators who could not implement the ban till the filing of this report at 10 30 pm.

Although the PTA was directed Tuesday by the ministry concerned to restrict access to just the specific pages of Facebook which host blasphemous activity, the Authority failed to implement the orders as the pages were easily accessible until the LHC verdict on Wednesday.

Other social networking websites such as Twitter, Orkut, Bebo, Zoosk and Hi5 hosting the blasphemous activity of holding the cartoon completion, have been left totally unchecked which totally fails the purpose of implementing the ban. In addition to the social networking sites, dozens of web-blogs intending to host the blasphemous activity on May 19 and 20 are accessible as well.

Enraged by the blasphemous activities, IT students and software experts in Pakistan have created fraternities which are working to launch cyber action against all these websites to halt their operations. These IT wizards said the PTA had failed to take action in time but it was their responsibility to respond to the blasphemous act in a befitting manner, teaching all such elements a lesson.

Information Technology secretary Nagibullah Malik, while talking to The News, said that all procedures took some time to get implemented, adding he had to convene a high level meeting after the LHC decision to chalk out the course of action.

This, he said, consumed the extra hours which caused the delay in the implementation of the ban.

To a question regarding other websites and web-blogs, he said that the PTA was banning all websites involved in the blasphemous activity and a special screening unit had been formed to identify and ban all the sites. This is a time-taking exercise and the task can not be completed overnight.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Face-off with Facebook

Thursday, May 20, 2010
By Shamim Bano

Karachi

Different religio-political parties on Wednesday staged protest demonstrations against caricatures of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and content of drawings on Facebook, a social networking website.

In the face of public anger over the blasphemous drawing contest on the web page, the government has ordered Internet service providers to block the page.

The Jamat-e-Islami Women Wing, Islami Jamiat Talaba (IJT) and the Jamaat Ahle Sunnat protested at different areas in the city, urging Muslim countries to snap ties with the Western countries, which, according to them, have made mockery of religious personalities and hurt feelings of Muslims.

Thousands of women belonging to the JI staged a protest rally, which started from the JI headquarters, Idara-e-Noor-e-Haq, and culminated at Old Numaish

The participants of the rally were carrying flags and banners inscribed with slogans condemning the US and other Western countries for playing with the sentiments of Muslims.

They also demanded of the government to block the facebook on a permanent basis.

Speaking on the occasion, JI leader Prof Ghafoor Ahmed said that by displaying caricatures and exhibiting pictures of the holy Prophet on the webpage, the Western countries proved that they were promoting extremism. "The Muslims would not tolerate caricatures of the holy Prophet in the name of freedom of expression."

He demanded of the UN and the OIC to take strict note of the blasphemous drawings.

He said that the blasphemous attitude of the West towards our holy Prophet would not be acceptable.

A seminar "Role of religion in maintaining peace" was also held under the aegis of the World Council of Religion here at a local hotel.

Speakers said that a blasphemous campaign against the holy Prophet had been unleashed by non-Muslim states and the same was being patronized at state levels.

Speaking on the occasion, religious leader Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman said that as suicide bombings and other kind of terrorism was not acceptable to them, the Muslims also did not accept that anybody played with their religious sentiments and emotions.

He said that an international law should be formed to declare such acts as terrorism and unlawful and states found involved in negatives campaigns against any religion and holy personalities should be condemned internationally. He also demanded of the Muslim countries to raise the matter at the International Court of Justice.

The IJT also staged a protest demonstration outside the Karachi Press Club. The participants of the rally demanded of the government to sever ties with all the Western countries over the blasphemous caricatures.

DaRk WaVe

But i thought GHQ will come under Green zone expanding from G-5 and F-5 sectors from Khayban-e-Soharwardi to Margala road.I tihink if i remember correctly even F-10 onwards it was assumed to be green zone .i mean very very high security area zone and to enter this area you need to have the pass issued directly by the prime minster secretariat.
lol, Ajtr when did you visited Isloo
G-5 & F-5 are quite far from E-8 & E-9, though the place is indeed near F-10 & Maragalla Road is also some what near it & yes its a Green Zone you need a pass to get through

Map of Islooo

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Students slam unfettered freedom of speech

Thursday, May 20, 2010
By Rabia Ali

Karachi

The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has made life easier for those who were planning to bid farewell to their Facebook accounts to protest the 'Everybody draw Muhammad Day' event, by issuing a blanket ban of the entire website.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the PTA public relations director said that the social networking site has been banned all over Pakistan till further notice, and all operators concerned have been directed to comply with the directions issued by Ministry of IT & Telecom (MoIT) in view of the decision of the Lahore High Court (LHC).

The controversy, which began with a popular animated TV series, South Park, eventually overflowed on to Facebook, where a group of artists got together and decided to invite other artists to sketch caricatures Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) on May 20, or what they referred to as 'Draw a Muhammad Day'.

A majority of the Facebook using community in Pakistan comprises students and youngsters. Incensed by the May 20 event, they told The News that concrete steps should be taken to prevent of such "untoward incidents" in the future. "I am happy that the website has been banned in the country because the Facebook administration had not taken any stance against the derogatory event," said Muhammad Farooq, a student of Iqra University. "Popular websites such as Facebook should implement policies which do not attack religions and faiths."

Similarly, a Aqsa Tariq, a social sciences student at the Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (Szabist), appreciated the ban of the website. "The sentiments of millions of Muslims have been hurt by these artists who are demeaning our religion and following the footsteps of the Danish cartoonists. The sanctity of every religion should be protected," she claimed.

Earlier, more than 43,000 users had joined groups vowing to boycott Facebook, specially on May 20, to protest the event. Many others had called for censuring hate groups against Islam and Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh). Some, on the other hand, had opted to celebrate 'Bless Prophet Muhammad Day' instead of shunning Facebook on May 20. "The decision to ban the website won't do any good since the website is accessible through proxy websites and cell phones. I believe that the rational way to protest such incidents is to report the webpage and register complaints with the Facebook administration," said Yamna Sultan, a student at the Institute of Business Administration.

An auditing student, Saad Mansoor, said that instead of boycotting the website, Muslims should honour the prophet by following his teachings. "'Draw a Muhammad Day' was not an official Facebook event. Under such circumstances, Muslims should simply report the page so that it can be blocked by the Facebook administration," he said.

To get the message across, some students of the University of Karachi (KU) are distributing a booklet which tells Facebook users how to report the webpage. "I used penciled comic strips in order to raise awareness. Around 500 booklets have been distributed so far to tell students how to protest peacefully against the event. What the artists are doing is not freedom of expression, but freedom of defamation," Ema Ansari, a student of the KU mass communication department, told The News.

Another student, Ahsan Raza, said that apart from banning the website, activities should be organised to promote tolerance and inter-faith harmony.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
lol, Ajtr when did you visited Isloo
G-5 & F-5 are quite far from E-8 & E-9, though the place is indeed near F-10 & Maragalla Road is also some what near it & yes its a Green Zone you need a pass to get through

Map of Islooo
around 2007-08.Thats why i asked you coz at that time there was lot of confusion in the demarcation of green zone.That why i listed the areas according to my understanding to clear it up with current situation in isb.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Facebook invites wrath of all and sundry

Thursday, May 20, 2010
By Asim Hussain

LAHORE

Enraged protests against the blasphemous website Facebook continued on Wednesday despite the Lahore High Court order banning the site till May 31st , as angry clerics and leaders announced two-day countrywide protests on Thursday (today) and Friday (tomorrow), reiterating the demands of severing diplomatic ties with the countries involved in the blasphemy and boycotting their products at the official level.

Tehrik-e-Hurmat-e-Rasool (THR), an alliance of about 30 religious and political parties, leading the protest campaign against blasphemy, also announced to mobilize the foreign missions of Muslim countries into boycotting the blasphemous countries and their products. The THR set up a 15-member committee to hold meetings with Muslim ambassadors and diplomats, with a view to convey the concerns of Muslim people against the deliberate blasphemy and to urge their respective countries to play their role in ensuring a global legislation against the blasphemy of the prophets.

Addressing a press conference on Wednesday following a meeting of all THR component parties, the leaders announced that a national consultation would be held in Islamabad shortly to chalk out a joint strategy to help counter the western conspiracies against Islam and to block the recurring blasphemous attempt against the Prophet of Islam (SAW).

The THR leaders-Maulana Ameer Hamza, Hafiz Akif Saeed and others -held the Muslim rulers responsible for the repeated western blasphemies, saying if Muslim rulers had displayed true love for the Prophet (SAW) by taking a strong stance against the first blasphemous attempt, this ugly practice would have come to a stop. They expressed concern that after Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Germany, the US had also jumped into the organized display of non-tolerance towards Islam and offending Muslim besides denying them freedom to practice their religion.

They ask demanded the Pakistani government completely ban Facebook, demand d the Washington to arrest and punish the woman who organized the blasphemous sketches competition, otherwise, the US authorities would be deemed to have been involved in the deliberate blasphemy

Meanwhile, noted religious leaders have held Muslim rulers responsible for the repeated western attempts of blasphemy against Holy Prophet (SAW), since they failed to put their foot down against the very first such moves which encouraged the West to continue and step up its display of hatred against Islam.

Talking to The News, Jamaat e Islami ameer Syed Munawar Hasan dubbed the planned US blasphemy against Prophet of Islam (SAW) as 'religious terrorism' and the biggest attack on the honour of the Holy Prophet (SAW).

He said mere banning of website was not enough and if Muslim masses and their rulers had a bit of love for the noble Prophet (SAW) they should rise in protest and cut off ties with the governments allowing such blasphemies. He demanded cutting off of NATO supply route and dissociation from the US-led war on terror.

He said the Zionist media had portrayed Islam as religion of violence and terrorism under a plan. He said Muslims respected all the prophets of God without which their faith was not complete. He said the bigotry and religious terrorism of the Western countries was at its peak these days.

Tanzim-e-Islami ameer Hafiz Akif Saeed said western media was attacking the Prophet of Islam under a well-thought out conspiracy aimed at making Muslims immune to the vitriolic attacks against him, which would lead to making him controversial. It would finally allow them to attack the Holy Quran and make it controversial. He said repeated attacks on the Prophet (SAW) were a proof of that, and a state level response was needed to counter the conspiracy.

JUP secretary general Qari Zawwar Bahadur said, after facing defeat in Afghanistan and Iraq wars, the US was bent upon turning its so-called war on terror into a ëwar against Islamí and dragging the entire world into this war.

Qari Zawwar Bahadur stressed that greater unity among the Muslims to counter this conspiracy and demanded the government immediately dissociate with the US war on terror and stop Nato supplies from its soil.

DaRk WaVe

around 2007-08.Thats why i asked you coz at that time there was lot of confusion in the demarcation of green zone.That why i listed the areas according to my understanding to clear it up with current situation in isb.
things have changed quite a bit now ;)
G-5 & F-5 are farrrrr from E-8,E-9 even F-10 is quite far....

Global Defence

New threads

Articles