• Dilute AFSPA provisions

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • More flexible system according to situation

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Looking at the situation of the country, I think AFSPA is needed in UP rather than Kashmir which has become peaceful.

That Akhilesh guy is taking UP back to Babur's time.

Also AFSPA in Manipur is pointless as the nature of conflict is different and not like Jihadi terror that we are fighting against in Jammu Kashmir.

TrueSpirit

Looking at the situation of the country, I think AFSPA is needed in UP rather than Kashmir which has become peaceful.

That Akhilesh guy is taking UP back to Babur's time.

Also AFSPA in Manipur is pointless as the nature of conflict is different and not like Jihadi terror that we are fighting against in Jammu Kashmir.
100% true. UP is in deep sh*t. Taking it out of abyss is going to be a momentous challenge. From what I have heard, criminals from a particular community are running amok with more impunity than ever before due to direct backing of political regime. They blatanatly declare that THEIR OWN government is in power, who can come in their way now.

Administrative machinery is in complete tatters & a sense of despondency (nothing new), foreboding (of further riots after the 100 riot incidents in a year) & deep insecurity is plaguing the populace.

I believe dividing this wretched state, where only mafiosi's writ runs, is not such a bad idea after all.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
100% true. UP is in deep sh*t. Taking it out of abyss is going to be a momentous challenge. From what I have heard, criminals from a particular community are running amok with more impunity than ever before due to direct backing of political regime. They blatanatly declare that THEIR OWN government is in power, who can come in their way now.

Administrative machinery is in complete tatters & a sense of despondency (nothing new), foreboding (of further riots after the 100 riot incidents in a year) & deep insecurity is plaguing the populace.

I believe dividing this wretched state, where only mafiosi's writ runs, is not such a bad idea after all.
No. that will further destroy the state as it will give legitimacy to one group to consolidate power in that new smaller state and create havoc there turning it into another mini-Pakistan.

As for the unnamed community, there was something that the wise Buddhas said, "Don't protect the truth. Let it out like a Tiger in the forest, and it will defend itself".

So speak up. This is your country and you have a right to speak about what is really happening.

Mincing words, being diplomatic and putting the ground reality will not make problems go away.

TrueSpirit

You know what, if the army can be spared from performing CI Ops in Manipur, no one would be happier than the Army-men themselves. Manipur is one place where they absolutely detest to serve (they say visibility could be as less as 5 meters at most places) & is considered to be the ultimate punishment posting for anyone. Anyway, most Infantry officers have Manipur among their 3 postings.

So, repeal AFSPA from Manipur if you will, but please do not push Army-men in doing CI-ops there. They prefer Siachin which adorns their service-records & earns them brownie points in ACR.

TrueSpirit

No. that will further destroy the state as it will give legitimacy to one group to consolidate power in that new smaller state and create havoc there turning it into another mini-Pakistan.
Even I used to think so till a months back, but since SP (ruling party) is dead against the idea (of UP's division), there must be some good for the nation if division happens. Maybe, some parts of the state could be saved this way. Today, entire state state is suffering.

Not sure, though. This warrants a separate discussion, for which there should a DFI thread, already.

As for the unnamed community, there was something that the wise Buddhas said, "Don't protect the truth. Let it out like a Tiger in the forest, and it will defend itself".

So speak up. This is your country and you have a right to speak about what is really happening.

Mincing words, being diplomatic and putting the ground reality will not make problems go away.
This might be our country but the ones who run the DFI forum are are probably based out of country. Lurker baba & pmaitra serve infractions on the loose. It has been categorically stated that DFI is not a democracy. I might soon be declared guilty of spreading malevolence against that particular community. I have very limited rights (permissions) on this forum. I value them (lest I be denied of posting here altogether, which I, apparently, enjoy).

I try to choose my words as carefully as possible. Still, some anti-India Indians on the forum (with much higher privileges than ours) go to any length to incite & provoke.

shaddisi23

A abstract agenda has been broadcast to the law and defense ministries for their comments as the UPA government continues to strive harder to fulfill the affirmation fabricated by Prime Minister Mohandas Singh in accustomed out a absolute analysis of the AFSPA and authoritative it added humane, the sources said.

Khagesh

I need some help. Thanks in Advance to all who can help.

Somebody had said something to the effect that - Kashmir celebrates Diwali when an Indian soldier dies.

I forget the name of the person. If anybody can help with the name of that person and if possible the exact quote I would be grateful.

TIA

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
AFSPA removed from Assam, Meghalaya and parts of Arunachal

Arunachal Pradesh [India] April 23 (ANI): The Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act has been removed from Assam, Meghalaya and parts of Arunachal Pradesh, the Centre said on Monday. The decision to remove AFSPA has been taken due to significant improvement of security situation in the two states. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Kiren Rijiju said, "The revocation of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act by Home Ministry from Assam, Meghalaya and most areas of Arunachal Pradesh is due to significant improvement of security scenario in North-East India in last 4 years." In Arunachal Pradesh, the AFSPA will remain enforced under eight police station limits -- from 16 areas earlier- near the border with Assam, and in three districts -- Tirap, Changlang and Longding - near the border with Myanmar. The AFSPA has been in force in Nagaland, Manipur and Jammu and Kashmir for several decades, and since the early 1990s in Assam. The AFSPA grants special powers to the Indian Armed Forces in 'disturbed areas. According to The Disturbed Areas (Special Courts) Act, 1976 once declared 'disturbed', the area has to maintain status quo for a minimum of 3 months. (ANI)

AFSPA removed from Assam, Meghalaya and parts of Arunachal

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles