'Forced conversions, marriages on the rise'

Srinivas_K

Country flag
However he did manage to abolish the Caliphate of Muslims. This was a thing the Christians could not do with the Pope of Rome. Also he is regarded a hero in Turkey as he saved the Turkish people from Britain.

Interestingly the only people who were very eager to fight for the Caliphate were the Indian Muslims. They even launched Khilafat Movement with the support of Gandhiji the Great. Sadly their Turkish forefathers dashed their hopes.

:pound:
Turkish culture is different than the Arabs and the guys who follow Arabs.

One of the reason why Turkey is like that.

But Like I said earlier, give them reason for Martyrship and you will find plenty even in Turkey.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Turkish culture is different than the Arabs and the guys who follow Arabs.

One of the reason why Turkey is like that.

But Like I said earlier, give them reason for Martyrship and you will find plenty even in Turkey.
I do agree with the culture part. Well I still think education does make people change their parochial views.

sorcerer

Country flag
Education doesn't change a person's basic character which gets etched at a very early age. Read any introductory Sociology/Psychology book (particularly the section which talks about "the significant other"). Contrary to popular belief, peer groups and schooling have very little influence over a person's character building. Immediate family and neighbourhood are the major influences. A doctor's kid becomes doctor, a politician's kid becomes politician....etc

Even if they look liberal on surface, some people are more susceptable to radicalization than the others. Talking from my experience, a poor Muslim is less likely to be a fanatic than an average "educated" Muslim, that is because the "poor" Muslim keeps himself busy while trying to arrange food and shelter for his/her family. He barely finds any free time to read about "Glorious Islamic Empires" which slaughtered the non-believers and took their women as sex-slaves.
Religion has its own dymanics that defy psychology. Many guys who are radical muslims are well off, when it comes to education and money.
The poor can be tempted, to find an easy way to earn money by doing jobs for the radicals; like finding safe houses, transporting people and materials for explosive devices or even take part in action cuz with that money they can feed the family and save them+ the false feeling of being blessed and get 72 virgins.
I dont think when it comes to religion, nobody tries to sit down and reads about it, then analyses things about it.This is what the poor dont have time for. THey just believe someone they think is a religion scholar or a believer or with a 'lal topi' ( in case of Pokingsatan).

Poverty riddled with misery creates a mindset that could be unpatriotic. (Feeling that they are suffering in the host country). This is an easy picking for religious fanatics bend on killing innocent people for the cause (read:haux). They lure such poor people with money , making use of their poverty, making them a fanatic.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles