'Forced conversions, marriages on the rise'

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
KARACHI: Speakers at a programme held to discuss 'forced conversions religious minorities faced and marriages of their girls to Muslims against their will' said on Friday that some 374 such cases were reported so far this year across the country and 70 per cent of these cases were reported from Punjab.

"Some 260 cases of forced conversions and marriages are reported from Punjab only. Sindh reported 69 such cases, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 39 while six cases were documented in Balochistan," said Shahnaz Sheedi, provincial coordinator of the South Asia Partnership Pakistan (SAP-PK), which organised the programme at a local hotel.

The organisers called it a follow-up meeting to consult on a draft about forced marriages and conversions.

The main objective of the meeting was described as to assess the issues of forced marriages and conversions, design strategies and recommendation for the draft to be tabled in the provincial assembly for approval and safeguard the rights of religious minorities.

Ms Sheedi said forced marriage and conversion were two main issues confronting religious minorities in Sindh and what was more alarming was that such incidents were on the rise.

Representing the Christian community, Michael Saleem said girls belonging to religious minorities were being kidnapped, sexually harassed and converted with impunity in the country and added that the abductors threatened to kill the girls and her families upon protest.

Ravi Dawani, general secretary of the All Pakistan Hindu Panchayat, said on the eve of Diwali, some 14,000 Hindu workers had not been given salaries as had been promised by the government.

He said many laws already existed, but were hardly implemented.

Dr Jaipal Chaberia, Rochi Ram, Mohammad Hussain Mehnati of the Jamaat-i-Islami, Rafia Gulani and others also spoke.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1140114/forced-conversions-marriages-on-the-rise

DingDong

Country flag
I have serious doubts about this theory of "Forced Conversion". To know the real reason one must be open about the Human nature. Biologically speaking a woman will switch her loyalty to her partner's clan, while a man will remain loyal to the clan he was born in (a beneficial behaviour because it decreases inbreeding). Hence a woman converting into her partner's faith is not surprising.

sorcerer

Country flag
I have serious doubts about this theory of "Forced Conversion". To know the real reason one must be open about the Human nature. Biologically speaking a woman will switch her loyalty to her partner's clan, while a man will remain loyal to the clan he was born in (a beneficial behaviour because it decreases inbreeding). Hence a woman converting into her partner's faith is not surprising.
Its a human rights violation. Why cant the woman follow her own faith and have faith in the relationship. Its not a theory, its a tactic. A woman is the womb, convert the womb and you have steady birth into the followers of that religion, who "may " later become religious fanatics, based on the geographic politics and peculiarity.

DingDong

Country flag
Its a human rights violation. Why cant the woman follow her own faith and have faith in the relationship. Its not a theory, its a tactic. A woman is the womb, convert the womb and you have steady birth into the followers of that religion, who "may " later become religious fanatics, based on the geographic politics and peculiarity.
Leave that on woman, if the woman consents then how can anybody object?

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I will speak quite frankly and I would say that it is the women`s fault. In eastern society everyone knows that women have to follow their husband`s faiths. Why did these women marry Muslim men inspite of having this knowledge?

Ashutosh Lokhande

I will speak quite frankly and I would say that it is the women`s fault. In eastern society everyone knows that women have to follow their husband`s faiths. Why did these women marry Muslim men inspite of having this knowledge?
actually its not just with muslims. many orthodox christians as well as hindus expect there wife to convert if they from different religion.

sorcerer

Country flag
Leave that on woman, if the woman consents then how can anybody object?
Sweetie, if its Consented , then It WONT be called "FORCED" will it?

Read about it here..HOW they FORCE
If a woman is beaten and Bitten by dogs to convert..Will it be consented..
C'mon, be real..read some news papers.

National Indian Athlete Fooled into Marriage then Beaten, Bitten by Dogs, Forced to Convert to Islam | ChakraNews.com

Love jihad: National shooter Tara Shahdeo's husband arrested - The Times of India

sorcerer

Country flag
I would say its a big fault to say its a womans fault. Mostly it could be the situation that would have driven the helpless woman to marriage. When a womans life or her kids life is in question, she tend to compormise for survival. Nature has given woman lots of patience and men tend to push it to the limits high or low. and always try to get what he wants . Woman just becomes a pawn in that game. Not always but in most cases. Not just eastern society, but in the west too who convert to Muslim to be with her muslim boy friend and come to live in the land of the pure a**h*l35.

On the second part of question. For many woman who gets into such a mess, she fails to see the real face behind that beard. She fails to understand that his heart is ruled by his religion more than her. SOme realize it soon and escapes the relationship, some others ride into the tempest and get the full force in the rear.(No pun intended)

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag
I would say its a big fault to say its a womans fault. Mostly it could be the situation that would have driven the helpless woman to marriage. When a womans life or her kids life is in question, she tend to compormise for survival. Nature has given woman lots of patience and men tend to push it to the limits high or low. and always try to get what he wants . Woman just becomes a pawn in that game. Not always but in most cases. Not just eastern society, but in the west too who convert to Muslim to be with her muslim boy friend and come to live in the land of the pure a**h*l35.

On the second part of question. For many woman who gets into such a mess, she fails to see the real face behind that beard. She fails to understand that his heart is ruled by his religion more than her. SOme realize it soon and escapes the relationship, some others ride into the tempest and get the full force in the rear.
Like there are so many selfish men in this universe, there are women who are overwhelmed by their carnal desires. Blaming the men for everything is not correct. Many women become emotional slaves of their mates/partners.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

On the second part of question. For many woman who gets into such a mess, she fails to see the real face behind that beard. She fails to understand that his heart is ruled by his religion more than her. SOme realize it soon and escapes the relationship, some others ride into the tempest and get the full force in the rear.(No pun intended)
If the women willingly marries a man of another religion/caste/community then what can be done. So I believe that the women are themselves at fault for the wrong choice they make. The girl's parents are also responsible to a certain extent. You do know that even the law cannot do anything if the woman decides she wants to marry a Muslim.

sorcerer

Country flag
Like there are so many selfish men in this universe, there are women who are overwhelmed by their carnal desires. Blaming the men for everything is not correct. Many women become emotional slaves of their mates/partners.
Yes, fantasy is a gooey thing my friend...its a gooey sticky thing. It cant always be carnal desire. It could also be false promises of eden.
I am not blaming men, what I said is about those men who like to paint woman with a religion to make her more acceptable to him.

sorcerer

Country flag
If the women willingly marries a man of another religion/caste/community then what can be done. So I believe that the women are themselves at fault for the wrong choice they make. The girl's parents are also responsible to a certain extent. You do know that even the law cannot do anything if the woman decides she wants to marry a Muslim.
Yes, cuz in Hinduism and a few other religions, there is no threat against you, if you go against your religion or forefeit it. It only says "you do your Karma and Karma can hunt you with a chainsaw like a blonde having a bad hair day".

HInduism, give complete respect to ones freedom. It was more abou believing in themselves than some lucky ghost or tooth fairy. So foundations of these religions were made on personal choice of karma.

Muslim or christian needs their church to act as a point from birth to the death of a person. These place of worship can influence an individuals life, which will in turn affect his/her family. Like for a child's Christening or funeral services they need church, muslims have their versions. WHere as in Hinduism, the rules are more flexible and you can choose to follow procedures or you cant. Not doing something doesnt make you a non-hindu or forefeit you from the cult.

So when she is hooked to such a Closed religion, she has to follow the norms cuz thats the state of affairs in that religion.
Law cannot do anything cuz its ones right according to our constitution to believe or not to believe.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
Exactly, it is unwise to save a person who doesn't want to be "saved".
The way I see the world now, the SAVED ones are the people that require SAVING from bombs and munitions ..Ironical aint it?

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Yes, cuz in Hinduism and a few other religions, there is no THREAT if you go against your religion. It only says you do your Karma and Karma cant hunt you with a chainsaw like a blonde having a bad hair day who got bubblegum stuck in her hair.
These awesome sensible religions, gave complete respect to ones freedom. It was more abou believing in themselves than some lucky ghost or tooth fairy. So foundations of these religions were made on personal choice of karma.

Secondly, muslim or christian needs their church to act as a point from birth to the death of a person. These place of worship can influence an individuals life, which will in turn affect his/her family. Like for a child's Christening or funeral services. WHere as in Hinduism, the rules are more flexible and you can choose to follow procedures or you cant. Not doing something doesnt make you a non-hindu or forefeit you from the cult.

Law cannot do anything cuz its ones right according to our constitution to believe or not to believe.
Agreed. Hinduism is probably the most liberal religion on this planet and that is why we believe that Muslims and Christians are equal.

However it is also true that some people take advantage of this kindness. This is a bit off topic but you can see this from the recent happenings in my Bengal. Usually Bengali Hindus do not discriminate anyone on basis of religion and we are very secular. However using this some terrorists and radical Muslims have started terror attacks and madrasas. This needs to be stopped. I think the lack of education in rural areas is the cause of all religious problems in India.

(It is a proven fact that educated people are less prone to brainwashing and turning to radicalism.)

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
Agreed. Hinduism is probably the most liberal religion on this planet and that is why we believe that Muslims and Christians are equal.

However it is also true that some people take advantage of this kindness. This is a bit off topic but you can see this from the recent happenings in my Bengal. Usually Bengali Hindus do not discriminate anyone on basis of religion and we are very secular. However using this some terrorists and radical Muslims have started terror attacks and madrasas. This needs to be stopped. I think the lack of education in rural areas is the cause of all religious problems in India.
Absolutely, I agree. Poverty and religion is a deadly combination.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Absolutely, I agree. Poverty and religion is a deadly combination.
It is not poverty, most of the people will become fanatic if hatred is incited based on sentiments and also told that if you die for the religion you will go to heaven.

Most of the people are fall for this propaganda.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles