Afghanistan request BCCI to provide home ground in India

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray sir, but sir the previous govt. (which was committed for welfare of Afgan) didnt showed much of Interest In this matter, what is your opinion about it ?.
No, the UPA did make the Highway that connects Western Afghanistan with Iran.

They did not show much interest on the military side of the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
but i must say Afghanistanis in India do not enjoy a better reputation as friendly people. esp, the afgan students are troublemakers as far as i know it.
Is it? From where you got this info?

I have met Afghans and they call us Indians as Bhai. They are very friendly and hospitable people.

Afghans for long have been migrating to India for centuries and this request is not an out of world new request. Afghans have cultural and diplomatic relations for centuries even before they have relations with Middle east.

BCCI is a part of ICC which is working to promote cricket in other countries.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Afghan President Wants His Nation's Cricketers to Play 'Home' Games in India

Afghanistan, a fledgling cricket nation, hopes for support from the sport's powerhouse

Ashraf Ghani's visit to India next week, his first since becoming President of Afghanistan last year, has been highly anticipated for the many potential bilateral strides forward. While initiatives like a transnational road corridor will definitely be on the agenda, Ghani is hoping the visit will yield something even closer to his heart — a home ground for the national cricket team.

The Afghanistan Cricket Board has apparently been assured by the President that he will try his hardest to convince New Delhi to allocate an arena for the Afghan side to host matches, a representative for the board told Indian newspaper The Hindu.

"It will really help our players if India were to reserve a home ground for us," said team manager Basheer Stanekzai. "Our players are good; they need exposure and facilities like camps."

The growing enthusiasm for cricket in Afghanistan mirrors that of South Asian countries like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, buoyed by the team's rapid rise within the past decade. Afghanistan won its first World Cup match against Scotland earlier this year (along with the hearts of the cricket world) after qualifying for the 2015 edition of the sport's marquee one-day event.

But the threat of violence in the war-torn nation deters international teams from visiting, and the Afghanistan side currently plays its home games at Sharjah in the UAE. The Indian government is already funding the construction of a stadium in the traditional Taliban stronghold of Kandahar, but Ghani will also be hoping for an open invite from India for his countrymen — at least as far as cricketers are concerned.

Afghanistan's Cricket Team May Soon Be Playing Home Games in India

Welcome to India Mr. President !

SANITY

i hate these fu%*ing pakis,bangladeshis and now afgahnis,

what they think that india is their 'baap ka maal',

whenever they want they declare jihad,

they makes trouble for india and then,and as @anupamsurey they are trouble maker esp. afgahni students,

whenever they want they exploit or extort india for visas,money,

so that their feudal govt. can benefit from it.

https://youtu.be/FhPz26AhICo
You shouldn't have been an Indian. Don't mind. It is just a comment not my real wish. India has asked and taken lots of aids as well. Why did we? Were the nations aiding us "Baap ka Maal"? We ought to hate ourselves. Right? How are you so sure that it will give no benefit in long run? BCCI should think a bit keeping money aside and for the welfare of sport and in this case it will also help the relations of two nations. I am sure there are too many benefits to it, what's worrying is some of our people like you who are very likely to prove their kindness over afghans should we agree to help them.

Afghans are proud people and do not like begging, if they have made a request, they did it because they see us as friends and take offence just like us if giving them hint of humiliation but people like you who would do liittle or no good to own nation but insist on humiliating others and eventually causing shame to people before others who actually keep working for betterment of nation. In some other articles, sometimes Indians comment like we should help them or else they won't survive and I see how afghan people get offended and from positive to negative of India. But for true patriots of India like you, it wouldn't matter.

Anyway, I am not going to pay much attention to you anymore. Youjust comment to comment with little or no reason and certainly no good for India. Better that I ignore you.

Last edited by a moderator:

anupamsurey

Country flag
Is it? From where you got this info?

I have met Afghans and they call us Indians as Bhai. They are very friendly and hospitable people.

Afghans for long have been migrating to India for centuries and this request is not an out of world new request. Afghans have cultural and diplomatic relations for centuries even before they have relations with Middle east.

BCCI is a part of ICC which is working to promote cricket in other countries.
it is true that they call us Bhai and some of them are well mannered, but the afgani students are worst of them they behave as they are doing favour to India, create trouble, ewe teasing (guess our uncovered girls get them running). this is my personal experience (where they in a MOB fought with hockey sticks and stumps, but got good beating..then as usual played minority card). My experience say that older generation (mid 30s) are more humble and well behaved that young afgans.

salute

You shouldn't have been an Indian. Don't mind. It is just a comment not my real wish. India has asked and taken lots of aids as well. Why did we? Were the nations aiding us "Baap ka Maal"? We ought to hate ourselves. Right? How are you so sure that it will give no benefit in long run? BCCI should think a bit keeping money aside and for the welfare of sport and in this case it will also help the relations of two nations. I am sure there are too many benefits to it, what's worrying is some of our people like you who are very likely to prove their kindness over afghans should we agree to help them.

Afghans are proud people and do not like begging, if they have made a request, they did it because they see us as friends and take offence just like us if giving them hint of humiliation but people like you who would liittle or no good to own nation but insist on humiliating others and eventually causing shame to people before others who actually keep working for betterment of nation. In some other articles, sometimes Indians comment like we should help them or else they won't survive and I see how afghan people get offended and from positive to negative of India. But for true patriots of India like you, it wouldn't matter.
i have no reason for brotherhood with afghani.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Some intellectual bleed heart morons would rather suck upto Afghans(or foreigners in general) at the expense of Indians. This is when I lose hope for this country. They still have not gotten over their slave mentality.

Afghan friendship is fine, but you have to piss Indians off to suck upto them? :frusty:

GUNS-N- ROSES

but i must say Afghanistanis in India do not enjoy a better reputation as friendly people. esp, the afgan students are troublemakers as far as i know it.
well I agree with you. but most of the afghans are favourable towards india. but we are only earmarking a stadium for select group of cricketers and officials who can always be security checked by indian counsulate.

RAW and indian Govt has done a tremendous job in winning the hearts of the people we must continue that policy. earmarking a stadium will further boost goodwill for us in sports crazy country like Afghanistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles