'Drone strikes if Kashmir militants aren't touched'

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
In the past, India has demonstrated the capability to do so, and with good effect: two Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) groups, CIT-`X' and CIT-`J', had, for example, carried out a series of bombings in Lahore and Karachi as retaliation for strikes by Pakistan-backed Khalistan terror groups. India's offensive covert operations were closed down early in the tenure of Prime Minister I.K. Gujral, but the weapon, as Musharraf well knows, could be unsheathed again.
War of discontent
Tough to believe Musharraf's word. But if RAW was bombing urban areas in Lahore/Karachi & were stopped by Gujral admin then its a good thing I will say.

Earlier I was referring to SFF operations across border from JK. Desai decimated them, their CT role is limited & even if someone decides to start sending them across border again, penetration will take considerable time.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Tough to believe Musharraf's word. But if RAW was bombing urban areas in Lahore/Karachi & were stopped by Gujral admin then its a good thing I will say.

Earlier I was referring to SFF operations across border from JK. Desai decimated them, their CT role is limited & even if someone decides to start sending them across border again, penetration will take considerable time.
Musharraf's word ? This has been reported by Praveen Swami, no idea if Govt officially accepts or denies his story.

I am not really aware of the breadth and scope of SFF incursions into Pakistan, some source, or if sensitive please mail.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The US is bound by its interests to seek and kill terrorists. LeT killed US citizens and the US cannot make promises to a terrorist country that it will not kill terrorists in Kashmir. It is answerable to its people.

But its funny this news comes into the media as we have never had any reports of US drones in PoK taking out any terrorist.

Kuch gadbad hai. Someone is trying to bluff someone. It seems that its the Pakia trying to bluff its people.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles