ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
That website doesn't give any specific information on Astra Mk2 other than a passing reference to Mk2.

Only idiots like you will keep quoting other fanboys and third party write ups, but ignore what's stated by horse's mouth (DRDO chiefs & MoD principals). Why don't you put in the work to pull out all interviews on the topic instead of demanding it like an asshole? My principle is provide as much info as possible when requested nicely - I usually ask loud mouthed, lazy morons to take a walk!

At this time it's not clear if SFDR will go into Astra Mk2 or a dual pulse rocket. It is being formulated. SFDR tech project has another 2 years to complete!
Astra mk2 will be sanctioned in few months, committee reported that in parliament. SFDR is a propulsion technology validated for missile. Use of either dual pulse or SFDR in a missile will deter the dimension of the actual missile.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Astra mk1 has russian seeker, the export variant of that of r77 BVR. The russian pylon supports Astra, and the weapon store management system, and interface with bars radar, which again is russian. So it will first be equipped the mki, Mig 29, and afterwards other birds including Tejas. The r73 ccm took 1.5 years to get incorporated with LCA, thus it will take a while to gets integrated with the LCA and tests for aerodynamic verifications. However I feels that the choice of BVR would depend on the Radar selection for the Projected mk1a aka if Israeli el 2052 is selected than Derby, and if french aesa than Mica.

My personal favorite is MBDA Mica IR and RF for LCA.
India has codes for the radar integration as well as R77 integration. Even the seeker for R77 was obtained under ToT from Russia. So, the replacement of seeker into Astra or integration of Astra in any seeker will not be difficult. The codes are already in Indian hands. Flight test of BVR missile is more important than flight test from different planes. BVR is mostly plug and play missile. If it can be launched, it can fly

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
India has codes for the radar integration as well as R77 integration. Even the seeker for R77 was obtained under ToT from Russia. So, the replacement of seeker into Astra or integration of Astra in any seeker will not be difficult. The codes are already in Indian hands. Flight test of BVR missile is more important than flight test from different planes. BVR is mostly plug and play missile. If it can be launched, it can fly
Russians "refused " to give tot on AGAT SEEKER.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Russians "refused " to give tot on AGAT SEEKER.

I had heard that India license manufactured the seeker of R77 in India. I am not sure if that involved ToT of seeker or only some codes for integration.

zebra7

Bhai mere bahut phekte ho kuch bhi

Are bhai nahi pata to shant rahe aur dusro ko pade v gyan le.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Bhai mere bahut phekte ho kuch bhi

Are bhai nahi pata to shant rahe aur dusro ko pade v gyan le.
Is it? How do you think India fired R73 from Tejas? In fact almost all models of Tejas on display has 2 R73 at wing tips. How did India fire Astra with Russian seekers till 2017 and guided it using plane's radars?

Just because you don't like something does not mean that what I say is a lie. India would not be able to integrate weapons for which it does not have the integration codes. I am not speaking of the "algorithm" but of the "interface" codes to connect the radar of the plane with the flight guidance of the missile. That is also the case with missiles like Derby or even ATGM like MILAN etc which can be integrated with Indian launchers.

India even has license manufacturing of R77 (I am not sure of the extent of license ToT. It could be that the algorithm is hardcoded and encrypted and that part is imported). If you don't understand what integration is, then simply ignore.

Enquirer

Is it? How do you think India fired R73 from Tejas? In fact almost all models of Tejas on display has 2 R73 at wing tips.
R73 is a heat seeking missile! It doesn't need guidance from the aircraft's radar! You think the Mujahideen downing Soviet planes with man-launched Stinger missiles got the 'integration codes'??
Read up on different types of seekers!

How did India fire Astra with Russian seekers till 2017 and guided it using plane's radars?
Astra (with Russian AGAT seeker) missile that successfully *hit-the-target* were fired ONLY from Su-30MKIs that is equipped with Russian radar! What's confusing about this straight forward logic??? Several people have already tried to educate you on this simple fact - you don't seem to read well!!

Just because you don't like something does not mean that what I say is a lie.
Also, just because you like the smell of your own $#!t, it doesn't mean everyone else should also like it!

India would not be able to integrate weapons for which it does not have the integration codes. I am not speaking of the "algorithm" but of the "interface" codes to connect the radar of the plane with the flight guidance of the missile. That is also the case with missiles like Derby or even ATGM like MILAN etc which can be integrated with Indian launchers.
Which 'Indian launcher' (Indian radar?) is Derby launched from? Where does MILAN need any 'integration?

India even has license manufacturing of R77 (I am not sure of the extent of license ToT. It could be that the algorithm is hardcoded and encrypted and that part is imported). If you don't understand what integration is, then simply ignore.
Ah! finally I see a "I am not sure". I'll let this BS pass......

Last edited:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
R73 is a heat seeking missile! It doesn't need guidance from the aircraft's radar! You think the Mujahideen downing Soviet planes with man-launched Stinger missiles got the 'integration codes'??
Read up on different types of seekers!

Astra (with Russian AGAT seeker) missile that successfully *hit-the-target* were fired ONLY from Su-30MKIs that is equipped with Russian radar! What's confusing about this straight forward logic??? Several people have already tried to educate you on this simple fact - you don't seem to read well!!
R73 needs to be locked. And that lock can be achieved with Tejas.

This is the last time I am telling you - Astra missile was in development till 2017. Till 2014, it had not undergone a single flight test. So, Astra was only fired from Su30 as Tejas was not a proven jet yet. That does not mean you can start blurting out that the Russian seeker is responsible.

About full ToT, we have seen how Spike missile ToT worked- Israel said that it can't give algorithm but can handover the manufacturing technology. So, the software part of the homing seeker will be kept secret while others will be given. Similarly, R77 could be of that type. This I am not sure. However, I am claiming that R77 seeker was indeed given as license to India. How much of manufacturing or assembly was involved is something I don't know.

Enquirer

R73 needs to be locked. And that lock can be achieved with Tejas.
Care to explain how? Tejas with its 2032/2052 radar (& no IRST) will help heat seeking R73 lock onto a target? I am sure you'll say more absurd things and make a bigger fool of yourself!!

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Care to explain how? Tejas with its 2032/2052 radar (& no IRST) will help heat seeking R73 lock onto a target? I am sure you'll say more absurd things and make a bigger fool of yourself!!
Their is thing call HUD, and HMDS. But at 20 30kms, which will guide R73???

Enquirer

Their is thing call HUD, and HMDS. But at 20 30kms, which will guide R73???
Duh!! That was bait I laid for the "incessant blabberer"!
He keeps thinking just because R73 can be fired, Astra (with R77 seeker) could also be fired!!

Chinmoy

Country flag
Can't it be locked by another fighter (say Su-30) and Tejas fires the missile?
What you are suggesting is the next level of aerial combat tech. Till now I believe only Mig 35 has displayed this capability with another Mig 35. Not sure if Su 30 could carry it out with another Su 30, leave alone Tejas.

When a fighter locks on any target, its Fire Control System comes into play. It start sending inputs to the missile about the target location, speed, alitude an all other parameters. But in your said scenario, this has to be done by the targeting aircraft and the data would be shared to the firing platform. For that both the platform should have a clone FCS and the data transfer rate would have to be mind boggling.

But it could be achieved at present upto an extent in between two Su30 for a RADAR guided missile. But then too the data exchange rate would have to be as I said, Mind Boggling. This is all about Network centric warfare. If we could achieve this, AWACS could also be used to guide missiles.

Things are so simple when it comes to bomb ground from air.. :)

indiatester

Country flag
What you are suggesting is the next level of aerial combat tech. Till now I believe only Mig 35 has displayed this capability with another Mig 35. Not sure if Su 30 could carry it out with another Su 30, leave alone Tejas.

When a fighter locks on any target, its Fire Control System comes into play. It start sending inputs to the missile about the target location, speed, alitude an all other parameters. But in your said scenario, this has to be done by the targeting aircraft and the data would be shared to the firing platform. For that both the platform should have a clone FCS and the data transfer rate would have to be mind boggling.

But it could be achieved at present upto an extent in between two Su30 for a RADAR guided missile. But then too the data exchange rate would have to be as I said, Mind Boggling. This is all about Network centric warfare. If we could achieve this, AWACS could also be used to guide missiles.

Things are so simple when it comes to bomb ground from air.. :)
They should give me that project ;-)

zebra7

Is it? How do you think India fired R73 from Tejas? In fact almost all models of Tejas on display has 2 R73 at wing tips. How did India fire Astra with Russian seekers till 2017 and guided it using plane's radars?

Just because you don't like something does not mean that what I say is a lie. India would not be able to integrate weapons for which it does not have the integration codes. I am not speaking of the "algorithm" but of the "interface" codes to connect the radar of the plane with the flight guidance of the missile. That is also the case with missiles like Derby or even ATGM like MILAN etc which can be integrated with Indian launchers.

There is no harm in taking knowledge/gyan

Look I got the gyan that you are a certified idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles