ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
That why i drew the nozzle here...

It looks like with the new raised position of the parachute bay compared to Mark 1, it doesn't look like a nozzle is going to result in any increase of length than what the fuselage presently is. :confused1:

1) Look at the canopy and nose cone. They both were supposed to be redesigned to Aerodynamic Improvement in MK1. I see this unchanged.

2) Perhaps they have increased the length from old Mk2 design of 13.7 meter to something 14.5+ meter to avoid a new design for NAVAL Tejas. 13.7 meter Tejas would have not worked for navy. This design can be adopted for Naval Mk2. GE 414 upgraded version of 110+ KN power should be good for Naval Tejas with minimum changes in Air force version design.
3) Current design is longer than Mirage 2000. However Mirage 2000's engine has a length of 5 meter which is 1 meter longer than proposed GE 414 engine. This means that this plane should have a lots of space inside it to accommodate additional fuel, EW suite and other stuff.
4) if current design and dimension of MK1 wing are sufficient for Mk2 than certainly current design of wing in MK1 is excessive. It must be redesign and made smaller. This will decrease drag, Improve maneuverability and reduce weight which is a big plus point. Landing gear is also said to be designed very conservatively. Weight reduction in landing gear too have a big scope in Mk1 design as well.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Pappu watched Trump and learnt!
Keep repeating lies a 1000 times, then at least half the population (who are morons anyways) will believe you.
In a way, you're right that Modi's team didn't do a good job in crushing the matter.
Hindu newspaper etc are acting as shameless stooges of Pappu! It was disgusting to watch N.Ram talk lies and shit!
Well hindu is communist ☭...... I mean newspaper or whatever they call it.
Ask them what is problem with USA? THEY WILL portray that very beautifully.
Scums.

Narasimh

Country flag
I not talking about that scoop/budge on it, that came in the later prototypes, but the spine itself. The whole thing is raised... more like f-16 or jf-17.
View attachment 31909
Mark 1

Mark 2
So fuselage extended, wings have been moved back, canards added, canopy smoothed out. Air intake angle also changed it seems.. Looks good. Hopefully they will show a model in AeroIndia.

cyclops

Country flag
Does anyone understand the meaning of this from the RFI docs (seems like concepts in contradiction):

"DESIGN, MANUFACTURE, ASSEMBLY, AND CERTIFICATION OF CENTRE FUSELAGE ASSEMBLY JIG BY ADOPTING THE METHODOLOGY OF JIG-LESS CONCEPT FOR FIXED WING FIGHTER AIRCRAFT"
IMG_20190214_094824.jpg

Basically, next gen assembly techniques.
Eventually making use of more automation, robots, etc.

Enquirer

View attachment 31998

Basically, next gen assembly techniques.
Eventually making use of more automation, robots, etc.
I understand what jig-less means. My critique was in the use of phrase "center fuselage assembly jig"; it should have been just "center fuselage assembly.....adopting.....jig-less assembly"

proud_indian

Country flag
I understand what jig-less means. My critique was in the use of phrase "center fuselage assembly jig"; it should have been just "center fuselage assembly.....adopting.....jig-less assembly"
Who manufactures this Jigs/jig-less assemblies in India or We procure them from International OEM's?

Enquirer

Who manufactures this Jigs/jig-less assemblies in India or We procure them from International OEM's?
My guess is it'll be from an international vendor. Most of the precision tooling required in various companies are bought from other countries.

And this one (jige-less assembly) required high-end precision robots....

proud_indian

Country flag
My guess is it'll be from an international vendor. Most of the precision tooling required in various companies are bought from other countries.

And this one (jige-less assembly) required high-end precision robots....
Can this Jig-less assembly be reused to produce an aircraft of a different kind?

Gessler

Country flag

chetan chopade

What nonsense, IDRW showing its standards again. Calling Mk-2 as AMCA.

It's true the Mk-2 is being termed as a Medium Weight Fighter (MWF), but it still remains a single engine plane. AMCA is a 5th generation jet concept totally different from Tejas program.
the top fighter jets like Eurofighter, Rafale employ two engines and single tail as opposed to two tail two engines for F-14-15-18 and SU-27-30-35...but considered equally potent...can Tejas MK2 beat AMCA in that sense?

Advaidhya Tiwari

the top fighter jets like Eurofighter, Rafale employ two engines and single tail as opposed to two tail two engines for F-14-15-18 and SU-27-30-35...but considered equally potent...can Tejas MK2 beat AMCA in that sense?
First, the EFT, Rafale etc are not top fighters. They are equivalent to Su30 but with slightly different roles.

Tejas MK2 is 4.5 generation plane for mass manufacturing and not like AMCA. Tejas is made especially easy to be manufactured by having less fasteners, jigless body, composites parts which are easier yo be made in right shape etc.

AMCA is a stealth plane with special attention to stealth air superiority and SEAD role.

Tejas can't beat AMCA in the role of stealth but Tejas can be made in larger quantity rather than AMCA. AMCA will be more difficult to be made and have lesser fuel efficiency due to its shape whereas Tejas will be easy to be made. In war, Tejas will be the main fighter jet while AMCA will play only small role of first strikes and air superiority. Attacks will be done by Tejas

Enquirer

This is the first time someone has measured the potency of a beast by its tail size :) :)

The number/size of tails required is dependent on the maximum take off weight AND NOTHING ELSE! If the aircraft is heavy then it needs more surface area to create the necessary deflection.

Su-30 etc are all old & heavy airframes as such have twin tails. Rafale/Eurofighter are modern and designed as lighter (Even though their payloads are comparable). As such Rafale, Eurofighter & Tejas have single tail!

Tejas Mk2 beat AMCA? Well, if ADA fucks up AMCA big time....maybe :) but its intended to be better than Mk2

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles