ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

AnantS

Country flag

On this pic the canards are over and in front of the Levcons.
I don't know if this pic is near or not a real design (specially the location of canards too near the canopy...), but it's all but a non sens.
I think there are no levcons in the picture , what seem like LEVCON could be simple LERX

Enquirer

I don't know if this pic is near or not a real design (specially the location of canards too near the canopy...), but it's all but a non sens.
I think there are no levcons in the picture , what seem like LEVCON could be simple LERX
I don't think there's a Levcon or LERX in the design.
Levcons, LERX & Canards, all produce vortices that travel almost at 30 to 45 degrees above the control surface. Overlapping them will only cancel one of them.

AnantS

Country flag
I don't think there's a Levcon or LERX in the design.
Levcons, LERX & Canards, all produce vortices that travel almost at 30 to 45 degrees above the control surface. Overlapping them will only cancel one of them.
Thanks .. me not from aero /mech domain so dunno what would be the name for wing extension pointing towards cone. That seems to be partially seen or could be a deception coz of way the Flow is being depicted in picture.

This Canard layout seems similar to Kfir/Cheetah of the yore

Kchontha

Country flag
Drdo/ADA are fools like us if they don't know how to feature a canard on a stretched aircraft with same wing shape and size. In NLCA there is no space for canard so there is LEVCON. In NLCA MK2 and its AF version there is ample space for incorporating either canard or LEVCON because of its longer airframe.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Enquirer

No, it is always the case about ISA+20. I have heard it in many videos while top navy, airforce or scientists have spoken. It is not in textual form and hence I can't give reference. Apparently, the argument is that Indian conditions are too diverse and hence requires higher standards. It does present things in poor light and I am not sure why it is still insisted to be ISA+20C condition instead of being shown as higher specs at ISA conditions.
Quite possible that you misunderstood? :)

pramsin

Country flag
If this is true, I wonder about the change of heart in the Navy...... did some senior officer get posted out and was replaced by a more honest one?
Whatever happened to the "no single engine fighter from carriers" logic?

But it could be due to the fact that LCA MkII is now MCA, so greater combat radius....

Some day, maybe in 2030, we might see K9 (engine, not the howitzer :laugh:) replace GE 414 in Tejas Mk-II.
If this is true, I wonder about the change of heart in the Navy...... did some senior officer get posted out and was replaced by a more honest one?

But it could be due to the fact that LCA MkII is now MCA, so greater combat radius....

Some day, maybe in 2030, we might see K9 (engine, not the howitzer :laugh:) replace GE 414 in Tejas Mk-II.

Navy is changing mind about N LCA MK II because Mig 29 K are totally useless and they are falling apart. They are not able to handle stress of carrier landing. Their body is developing cracks and engine are useless. We have lost about 40 engines and Russians are not fixing it. When Indian navy send RFP Mig was not invited. So navy is in lock. I think they now keep combination of N LCA MKII and F-18 or Rafale.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Quite possible that you misunderstood? :)
No, I have heard it from many people and multiple videos. I have heard about it being ISA+15 and ISA+20 at different times. So, I am not fully confident about the numbers but it is definitely ISA+ condition

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

Do we need LEVCONs , even with the canards, ?

Flow energizing & vortex creation,the job done by LEVCONs is now done by canards,

Sancho

:pound::pound::pound:

Said by the man who thinks that Typhoon is a better fighter than Rafale & Su30 is based on Su35. Bravo Sancho, bravo. What's your next comic act?
Well you can't argue against facts can you? There is no doubt that the Typhoon is better than Rafale in certain areas, just that there is no doubt about MKI being developed from the original Su 35/Su27M. But you need to inform yourself to understand that. :)

Pandeyji

Country flag
Well you can't argue against facts can you? There is no doubt that the Typhoon is better than Rafale in certain areas, just that there is no doubt about MKI being developed from the original Su 35/Su27M. But you need to inform yourself to understand that. :)
Su 30 first flight = 1989
Su 35 first flight = 2008
Even if we decide to be pedantic

Su 27 first flight = 1988

So you were saying?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Obviously the canards will be fitted to the fuselage and not the canopy!
What's the rationale for Levcon over Canard? Canards are complex to design but will provide more maneuverability.
One theoretical advantage that Levcon has over canard is airflow is not split at two different levels. in levecon both shall be at single level and no complex aerodynamic study is require.

Sancho

Su 30 first flight = 1989
Su 35 first flight = 2008
Even if we decide to be pedantic

Su 27 first flight = 1988

So you were saying?

Although Su-27M remained the Russian military designation, the Su-27M later received the Su-35 designation to enter the global fighter market. Having failed to attract any orders for the Su-35 between 1992 and 2002, Sukhoi started a new development program for the modernization of the single-seat Su-27 in 2002 under the bureau/factory designation of T-10BM (Bolshaya Modernizatsiya - Big Modernization). This latest Flanker derivative also aimed at the export market retained the Su-35 designation of its predecessor, despite significant differences between the two Flanker derivatives. See Su-35 "4++ Generation Flanker" for more information, this section further details the original Su-35, the Su-27M.
https://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-35_su-27m/su-35_su-27m.htm

That's what I was saying. :yo:

Su 27M/Su 35 = twin seat multi role flanker with canards, BARS radar and AL31 engines. Remind you of anyone?

Pandeyji

Country flag
https://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-35_su-27m/su-35_su-27m.htm

That's what I was saying. :yo:

Su 27M/Su 35 = twin seat multi role flanker with canards, BARS radar and AL31 engines. Remind you of anyone?
The question isn't that. I myself said that we could be pedantic & include the 1st flight of Su27 too. The question is how in hell Su30 is developed from Su27 when both programs started at the same time? (Which you don't seem very keen on answering)

Here is another gem for you, Su35 is inspired from Su30MKI instead of other way round.

As for your Typhoon argument, I don't even know where to begin

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
The question isn't that. I myself said that we could be pedantic & include the 1st flight of Su27 too. The question is how in hell Su30 is developed from Su27 when both programs started at the same time? (Which you don't seem very keen on answering)

Here is another gem for you, Su35 is inspired from Su30MKI instead of other way round.

He might be talking about older su-37 which was based on su-27m it was just prototype never reached production

Jackd

The Su-27 entered service with the Soviet Air Forces in 1985 with first flight on 20 May 1977

There are several related developments of the Su-27 design. The Su-30 is a two-seat, dual-role fighter for all-weather, air-to-air and air-to-surface deep interdiction missions. The Su-33 'Flanker-D' is a naval fleet defense interceptor for use on aircraft carriers. Further versions include the side-by-side two-seat Su-34 'Fullback' strike/fighter-bomber variant, and the Su-35 'Flanker-E' improved air superiority and multi-role fighter. The Shenyang J-11 is a Chinese licence-built version of the Su-27.

As for Su30 : The Su-30 started out as an internal development project in the Sukhoi Su-27family by Sukhoi. The design plan was revamped and the name was made official by the Russian Defense Ministry in 1996.

For Su-35: The first variant was designed during the 1980s as an improvement on the Su-27 and was known as the Su-27M. This derivative incorporated canards and a multi-function radar that transformed the aircraft into a multi-role aircraft, which was structurally reinforced to cope with its greater weight. The first prototype made its maiden flight in June 1988. As the aircraft was not mass-produced due to the Dissolution of the Soviet Union, Sukhoi re-designated the aircraft as Su-35 to attract export orders.

Source: Wikipedia.

If you see the dates mentioned here then @Sancho is correct.

Sancho

The question isn't that.
Lol, poor try to back track from your claims on wording, but understandable after seeing the facts.

Probably because you don't know much about the EF, just as you didn't know about the Su 35 history. So I would suggest to go to the EF thread in the military aviation section of the forum and inform yourself first, especially about the latest upgrades, or the performance in Libya, Iraq and Syria.

sorcerer

Country flag
UAE ‘interested’ in HAL-made light combat aircraft Tejas
India and the UAE are planning to expand their joint military training with a focus on improving desert operations. Keeping this in mind, the UAE has shown a keen interest in Tejas, the light combat aircraft made by HAL, government officials said.

The issues were discussed between defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman and the UAE’s minister of state for defence, Mohammed Ahmed Al Bowardi Al Falacy, on Tuesday. He is on an official visit to India and will return after visiting the facilities of defence PSUs, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) and Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL), on Wednesday.

The UAE minister will be in Bangalore on Wednesday to visit the HAL facility, where he will be shown Tejas. “The UAE has shown interest in the Tejas,” said officials.

Even Sri Lanka, Egypt and Singapore have evinced interest in the indigenous fighter jet. But HAL will first have to meet the demands of the IAF. It is trying to meet IAF’s demand for 123 Tejas. The IAF is also looking at inducting more than 200 Tejas Mark 2. However, the projects are heavily delayed.

IAF chief, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa, earlier this month pointed out that HAL has lagged behind in the deliveries of several frontline fighters such as Su-30s, Mirages and the LCA.

The UAE minister will also visit the IAF’s Aircraft and Systems Testing Establishment, which flight tests aircraft, airborne systems and weapon stores prior to their induction.

“During their meeting, both ministers discussed a range of defence cooperation issues and agreed on priority areas for cooperation,” read a statement issued by the defence ministry.

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/66253936.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Global Defence

New threads

Articles