Access Point: Dr. Christine Fair, Author, Fighting to the End: The Pak

Adux

Country flag
Access Point: Dr. Christine Fair, Author, Fighting to the End: The Pakistan Army's Way of War

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: Access Point: Dr. Christine Fair, Author, Fighting to the End: The

Is this book available in India?

Adux

Country flag

Its all available in Flipkart..its a great book

Adux

Country flag

Listen to the whole interview, She is going to do a similar book on India, This is going to be interesting.

I am happy to note, that she believes we are active in balochistan, I am happy we are, but we need to more.
She talks about how India is more darpok in policies, because civilians control the military etc

anupamsurey

Country flag

Listen to the whole interview, She is going to do a similar book on India, This is going to be interesting.

I am happy to note, that she believes we are active in balochistan, I am happy we are, but we need to more.
She talks about how India is more darpok in policies, because civilians control the military etc
India is soon to get more active in espionage and spy activity as this modi govt has decided to ramp up the raw and other agencies and their activities.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I heard the full address of the lady. Very interesting.

I have ordered the book.

Compersion

Country flag

Good post and the video was good to watch. The best part was 25.00 - 25.18 ... does it signify a heighten and more specialized approach to Pakistan from USA. I am not sure ...

The former (Ms Fair) is talking the (most) sense ... yet what is the "subterfuge" to make in-roads into (Army) policy in Pakistan ... pictures speak a thousand words

The super power(s) showed acquiescence to such "policy" for and from and by Pakistan through accepting such "subterfuge" on to themselves.

Adux

Country flag

India is soon to get more active in espionage and spy activity as this modi govt has decided to ramp up the raw and other agencies and their activities.
We might not like her book on India, or we may not agree on it.
She is not interested in India's national interest, she is interested in what she perceives as truth, thankfully what she thinks about Pakistan, is very much close to what we think about it. More people we have, the better.

She was extremely anti india before she really knew Pakistan. Knowing Pakistan changed her.

Last edited:

Neo

She still thinks Indian civilians are cowards. I wonder if her book on India will be recieved as gospel with as much passion.

Adux

Country flag

She still thinks Indian civilians are cowards. I wonder if her book on India will be recieved as gospel with as much passion.
She thinks Indian Civilian leaders are darpoks, that is the case anywhere in the world, if the benchmark is military leaders. Nawaz Sharif is better than Modi. But please continue to think 10 Pakistan = 1 Indian, we have seen, how that has worked out..lol..Idiots

Neo

She thinks Indian Civilian leaders are darpoks, that is the case anywhere in the world, if the benchmark is military leaders. Nawaz Sharif is better than Modi. But please continue to think 10 Pakistan = 1 Indian, we have seen, how that has worked out..lol..Idiots
It doesn't matter what I think, but the Oracle Fair thinks your civilians are cowards and she is right. :namaste:

Adux

Country flag

It doesn't matter what I think, but the Oracle Fair thinks your civilians are cowards and she is right. :namaste:
Thats not what she said, Dont think English comprehension is your fortae,. But you are a Paki, not much is expected after inbreeding

bennedose

bennedose

Sour grapes. A stupid onanistic reply to comfort yourself.

Anyway here is something for Pakis to enjoy
For Pakistan, defeat is that moment when it can no longer resist India - The Times of India
South Asian political and military affairs expert Christine Fair's recent study on the Pakistan Army concludes that Pakistan would not be satisfied even if there was a solution to Kashmir, because for the Pakistan army, the war against India is a 'jihad' or war of civilizations. In India to promote her book, 'Fighting to the End: The Pakistan Army's Way of War', Fair tells Indrani Bagchi that she believes Pakistan's North Waziristan terrorist clean-up was just an eye-wash and why the US continues to cut Pakistan cheques

What is the central theme in your book?
I look at a puzzle in the book: Why does Pakistan persist with its revisionism as long as it has? Given that with every subsequent endeavour they become less successful. On top of that, the primary tools they developed to harass India is jihad. Because of a series of events following 911, a large swath of those jihadi groups it nurtured for use on India and Afghanistan have formed the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP). So not only is this strategy failing, it's actually imperiling the viability of the state itself.

Why does Pakistan do this?
I've been assembling Pakistani defence publications. I'm not relying on interviews with these people (Pakistan army) because they lie. The people I have interviewed in the ISI never deviate from the script. These texts are really a conversation they have amongst themselves. I derived from this their strategic culture.

You speak about the idea of 'jihad' being central to Pakistan's way of war.
It's surprising just how much jihad and Islam is actually in their publications. If the US army or India were to do this, it would be so controversial. What Pakistan is trying to do is use jihad to mobilize and to boost the morale of their troops so they are on perpetual war footing with India.
It's kind of demoralizing if you think you can't actually win against India. So the use of jihad is a way to make it seem as if everything the Pakistan army does is Islamically justified. For example, they say India started every war. Therefore they describe their response to these wars as defence of jihad.

How do they refer to India?
They always pitch India as a "Hindu"nation. This is critical to them because they are settling up this civilization battle. Every army chief says the two-nation theory is their ideology and the army protects their ideology and geography.

Is there an interest in getting another special envoy for Kashmir in the US administration?

Every US president starts with a renewed interest in Kashmir. Obama did, with the appointment of the special representative, which was supposed to be Afghanistan-Pakistan-India. People like Barnett Rubin and Ahmed Rashid argue for a grand bargain that solves Kashmir. This is all rubbish, I argue.

Pakistan is actually an ideological state. The Kashmir issue is not causal, it's symptomatic. Pakistan is not a security seeking state in which we can satisfy their insecurities. Instead it's an ideological state. I lay out a structure for containing Pakistan, because there is nothing in our toolbox that will reshape it.

Which means even if there is a solution to Kashmir, Pakistan would not be satisfied?
Yes. It's costly for Pakistan to maintain this competition, but they view defeat very differently. They don't view it in terms of territory lost or value of territory or number of lives lost. They view defeat as that moment when they can no longer resist India. They are like an international insurgent.

That's why they keep taking calculated risks, knowing well they are never going to achieve the outcome. The goal is simply to exhibit to India that India cannot exert its will in the neighbourhood. If there were to be any kind of negotiation on Kashmir that gives up any inch of territory, it's not going to fix the situation.

What is your assessment of Pakistan's North Waziristan operation, Zarb-e-azb?
It is Zarb-e-bakwas. We have seen it before. To me it is an awful lot like what happened in 2009 in South Waziristan. They gave months of warning; any terrorist worth his salt has already left either with the internal refugees or - as was the desired effect - into Afghanistan.
What most people don't know is Senator Levin put in a proviso in FY 2015 that says if the Pakistanis don't do an operation in North Waziristan we're not going to give them $300 or $900 million. Now that they are done with this operation, the Pakistanis are making an argument in Washington DC that they should be given continued coalition support.

This is outrageous. They are creating and sustaining an insurgency , then they ask for compensation to protect the border. They're actually asking for money to protect them from their own Frankenstein's monster.

Will America give in?
I think they will. The irony is this: the Americans will help them kill as many terrorists as they will let them. But the Americans won't make them stop producing more terrorists. They (Pakistanis) have taken $30 billion from us, they still kill our troops and we still pay the cheques. Osama bin Laden was in Abbottabad and still the cheques are coming.

anupamsurey

Country flag

yes, she may not tell sweet tales about India, but critics should be welcomed. at least their criticism will have some grain of truth (which we will know), we can easily reject false propaganda.

anupamsurey

Country flag

if you haven't thought or noticed, civilians are always cowards (anywhere in this world), it is not like you expect civilians to go and fight war it is left to the trained and armed forces. civilians can not do what our armed forces, and what civilians can achieve/ or contribute can not be done by our armed forces both have equal importance (don't you think the situation and scenario is important when you say something ?) and mind you she didn't say anything new about pakistan (at least we knew it for decades- the curtains of reality have been just lifted for westerners who used to think that Pakistan was all good and India was evil incarnate) and i don't expect her to say anything new about India too.

anupamsurey

Country flag

We might not like her book on India, or we may not agree on it.
She is not interested in India's national interest, she is interested in what she perceives as truth, thankfully what she thinks about Pakistan, is very much close to what we think about it. More people we have, the better.

She was extremely anti india before she really knew Pakistan. Knowing Pakistan changed her.
yes, she may not tell sweet tales about India, but critics should be welcomed. at least their criticism will have some grain of truth (which we will know), we can easily reject false propaganda.

bennedose

if you haven't thought or noticed, civilians are always cowards (anywhere in this world), it is not like you expect civilians to go and fight war it is left to the trained and armed forces. civilians can not do what our armed forces, and what civilians can achieve/ or contribute can not be done by our armed forces both have equal importance (don't you think the situation and scenario is important when you say something ?) and mind you she didn't say anything new about pakistan (at least we knew it for decades- the curtains of reality have been just lifted for westerners who used to think that Pakistan was all good and India was evil incarnate) and i don't expect her to say anything new about India too.
Christine Fair is a clever one. She knows exactly which Paki buttons to push. Laughing and calling Indian politicians "cowards" actually simply shut the Paki-American bimbo interviewer's point up. The point the bimbo was trying to make is that India is doing to Pakistan what the Pakis are accused of doing to India and that the Paki civilians want friendship oh so much. Fair said that the Paki civilians and politicians count for nothing because the army makes the decisions. The Indian army is completely under civilian control and the civilian politicians are "darpok" so they are NOT doing to Pakistan what Pakistan is doing to India, that is India is NOT promoting terrorism in Pakistan the way the Paki bimbo alleged.. The Paki bimbo was too dumb to understand how Fair sidestepped her question and turned it around.

What Christine Fair left unsaid is that the Paki army think they are bold, not "darpok" but have lost all wars - meaning they are just dumb. Recall Ayub Khans' statement "The Hindu will run at the sound of gunfire" and Yahya Khan's "The Bengalis are cowards" Calling the enemy a "coward" is a Pak way of mental masturbation to make their failures look like successes. When a white woman calls an Indian darpok the Paki will typically ejaculate with joy.

Adux

Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles