A nice video on Racism (Harassing a Girl from North East)

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Well if anything this thread is an eye opener for me on why north east is not integrated with mail land. When we have people like @Pratap the educated folk being openly racist , I can only imagine what the regular folk would inflict on them. May be a good economic show for two decades might pull them up and integrate them with mainland as a good economic growth might also pull out the deep seated castism/racism of hindi heartland. And by economic growth, I mean the economic growth of order 8-10% p.a for three decades
Please use your good intentions to resolve conflicts in NE , lot of army jawans have been killed by insurgents so that would be good for everyone, I know it is not going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Well said.

Frankly speaking, having interacted with people from all corners of the nation, it is more likely that I will find a North-Easterner likeable, than an arrogant shithead from "Hindi heartland" with their inherent racism and casteism. In most cases, the typical "Hindi heartlander" is full of casteist shit in his head, and those people are bigger enemies of Indian society and the nation, than a harmless North Easterner working in some spa or hotel. You will constantly hear casteist shit like "bhangi", "chamaar", "maadar jaat" from the aforementioned shitheads. Not to mention, stereotypical nonsense like "madrasi", "chi.nki', etc.

Well !!

I cannot disagree, atleast in spirit, inspite of the fact that most of these less then flattering adjectives would apply to people in my region.
This being said i should also remind you that South Indians too are just as casteist in their outlook as the Hindi Heartlanders.

The need of the hour is to integrate that area with the nation economically. The chicken's neck problem needs to be solved, some potential solutions have been discussed on DFI in the past. That region desperately needs a city of the scale of Bangalore or Hyderabad. That is the only way that region will come into the mainstream and all this shit can end.
++1

Ajesh

Racism is Bad, If anyone who says I am an Indian, Then its our Duty to protect them.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Has anyone talked about how "Hindi Bhashi" (often poor Bihari migrants) are killed by NE people when they go to NE areas for jobs?

This river flows in both ways.

How much media coverage was given for that? How many youtue videos were made to address this situation?

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Has anyone talked about how "Hindi Bhashi" (often poor Bihari migrants) are killed by NE people when they go to NE areas for jobs?

This river flows in both ways.

How much media coverage was given for that? How many youtue videos were made to address this situation?

The river does not flow in both ways, Indian armymen and poor laborers of Bihar are being killed there since decades, in return NE ones are called C word. One of my teachers was abducted in Assam and after paying a ransom of 15 lakhs, he could be released. His crime was being Hindi speaker.

The fact of matter is that just like Kashmiris, NE ones want to make best of both worlds, both Kashmir and NE are richer than UP , Bihar and MP, yet they cry discrimination.
BTW, thanks for bringing some common sense in this debate .

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Even I know few who got kindapped by NE people and somehow came back alive.

In NE they say "They are coming from India, they are Indians" now why they cry of such stuff when they are not so clean? :hmm:

Why come to "India" and cry of discrimination?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Please do watch and share. They are our own people.

Oh really!

In India people die on roads and no one cares. There could have been anyone there other than a North Eastern and people would have moved on, and no, it is not just an Indian instinct.

Instinctively, as humans, we move away from trouble till the time it doesn't affect us. An American shouts discrimination when in Arab streets, or Pakistan because they get pointed out, like wise would someone shout, I am a Khan and not a terrorist!

Replace this girl with a North Indian looking girl, since north tends to face so much rapes, molestations, harassment, and dare I say, people would even join in for the cheap thrill they end up getting, and yes, more likely than not, a North Eastern would have moved on and not cared to intervene. Very few people take a stand for others, more so in our part of the world, and if the video posted by @Glint is an indicator, a far more aware society like the US doesn't care, least one expects it of the Indians.

Other than that, as far India is concerned, we are deeply racist country without even realising we are doing it. At least in that sense the west is better, people are aware, and when pointed out, things for people who are doing can turn bad, with legal proceeding, never such things happen in India.

If what gets pointed out here is right, I wonder if this can also be termed as being racist? @Soumya1989 what do you say?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Hindi heartland comes into discussion because the maximum racism and discrimination in the country is practiced by those in this region. You speak of undue prominence, and undue prominence is actually given to "Hindi heartland".

Who decided that Hindi heartland is "core of nation"? You? I will say that South India is the core of the nation - modern, progressive, educated. Someone might say that Mumbai and Guj/Mah are the core, due to their money and industry. Some might say that Delhi and Punjab are the core.

The deep-seated arrogance in the so-called "Hindi heartland" is incredible. I don't know what basis you people have so much arrogance and swollen-headedness. Hindi heartland is actually a burden to the nation in every way, till you guys pull your socks up and become progressive and eschew casteism.
I think your obsession with Hindi heartland is misplaced. No one - I repeat no one gives a sh!t about the hindi heartland. It is only somewhat relevant because those states have such a large population. Entire India looks down on the hindi heartland- North and South Indians alike.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Well if anything this thread is an eye opener for me on why north east is not integrated with mail land. When we have people like @Pratap the educated folk being openly racist , I can only imagine what the regular folk would inflict on them. May be a good economic show for two decades might pull them up and integrate them with mainland as a good economic growth might also pull out the deep seated castism/racism of hindi heartland. And by economic growth, I mean the economic growth of order 8-10% p.a for three decades
I'm sure North eastern people are racist to mainland Indians too. :lol: I'm sure they especially have no love for South Indians like you :lol: Don't sell out your own for people you don't know well.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
India's curse is its diversity. Too much diversity will choke India. I favor the Portuguese and Spanish models for handling this phenotypic diversity. Recall how the Iberian colonizers took care of Latin America. Today, it is hard to find a Latin American who has no European or Indigenous ancestry. Most have both. Just like how most Indians have both ANI and ASI ancestry. Mongoloids will be assimilated just the same. Greater mixing is the need of the hour. Diversity in phenotypes is the last thing India needs. Mongoloids will never be considered Indian - that's a fact.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
I think your obsession with Hindi heartland is misplaced. No one - I repeat no one gives a sh!t about the hindi heartland. It is only somewhat relevant because those states have such a large population. Entire India looks down on the hindi heartland- North and South Indians alike.
What is NIndia without Hindi heartland? Few himalyan states who can not survive without tourists. However, I agree that it is human to mock others so I am not much concerned by what you say, the thing that you said about Hindi heartland can be said about Indians too, who cares for them except their population. Pakistan has higher HDI than well developed states in India like Andhra Pradesh in case you do not know.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
India's curse is its diversity. Too much diversity will choke India. I favor the Portuguese and Spanish models for handling this phenotypic diversity. Recall how the Iberian colonizers took care of Latin America. Today, it is hard to find a Latin American who has no European or Indigenous ancestry. Most have both. Just like how most Indians have both ANI and ASI ancestry. Mongoloids will be assimilated just the same. Greater mixing is the need of the hour. Diversity in phenotypes is the last thing India needs. Mongoloids will never be considered Indian - that's a fact.
Wrong and stop bluffing. Mexicans are not homogenous, 20 percent of them are pure whites, 60 are mestizos( race created by rape) and 20 are indigenous.

Go to Bolivia and Peru and you will find lot of indigenous people. I agree that diversity was bane of our civilization and right now is suffocating India.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
I'm sure North eastern people are racist to mainland Indians too. :lol: I'm sure they especially have no love for South Indians like you :lol: Don't sell out your own for people you don't know well.
This is old hindu habit and will not die so easily.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Even I know few who got kindapped by NE people and somehow came back alive.

In NE they say "They are coming from India, they are Indians" now why they cry of such stuff when they are not so clean? :hmm:

Why come to "India" and cry of discrimination?
Rich people get kidnapped everywhere in India. UP-Bihar have big extortion and kidnapping rackets. I am not sure about how the averages compare across NE and UP, but even the rich NE people usually get kidnapped and not just the outsiders. Meghalaya is super quiet and well behaved region and Shillong very likable city. I do not know where your argument fits in the debate.
@Pratap Yes, discrimination follows both ways. But there is a big difference between Kashmir and NE. So people comparing them have no idea what they are talking about. In Kashmir while you can easily see the discomfort and hatred towards mainland people, NE is much more welcoming to random travelers. But you would realize that once you stop the jaap of 'core is the best'.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Rich people get kidnapped everywhere in India. UP-Bihar have big extortion and kidnapping rackets. I am not sure about how the averages compare across NE and UP, but even the rich NE people usually get kidnapped and not just the outsiders. Meghalaya is super quiet and well behaved region and Shillong very likable city. I do not know where your argument fits in the debate.
@Pratap Yes, discrimination follows both ways. But there is a big difference between Kashmir and NE. So people comparing them have no idea what they are talking about. In Kashmir while you can easily see the discomfort and hatred towards mainland people, NE is much more welcoming to random travelers. But you would realize that once you stop the jaap of 'core is the best'.
When was the last time NE ones in Banglore and Delhi protested when hundreds of Biharis were being killed?

And stop comparing UP Bihar with fringe territories, check stats which will tell you Bihar is safer than Assam and Tripura and no one is killed for his language.

Infact, now I understand how west is so contemptous of India. Rape is higher in NE states than UP and Bihar yet our self hating ustads( who basically are hindi haters) see them occuring in UP and Bihar only.If you can not be aware of your own country, how do you expect others to know it from different continent?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
What is NIndia without Hindi heartland? Few himalyan states who can not survive without tourists. However, I agree that it is human to mock others so I am not much concerned by what you say, the thing that you said about Hindi heartland can be said about Indians too, who cares for them except their population. Pakistan has higher HDI than well developed states in India like Andhra Pradesh in case you do not know.
I'm not saying I look down on the Hindi heartland or that it's right but just stating an empirical fact. Biharis face racism everywhere outside of Bihar. Poor people are looked down on by richer people. This is a fact in every part of the world. Until the Hindi Heartland pulls its own weight economically, it will not get respect. Those himalayan states, at least, are not over populated sh!tholes. People there live a decent, honorable lifestyle. I would prefer them to UP or Bihar any day.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Dude, have you ever stepped out of your house? Really?

The entire Kumaon region is much well educated and does not survive on tourists. The Garhwal region definitely has grown due to chardham yatra and all but it cannot be generalized. When it comes to HP, half of the region Kinnaur, Shimla etc make much more money by selling apples than an average east UP-Bihari can dream about. An average shepherd has somewhere 300-400 goats to flaunt in higher regions of Spiti which is much more wealth than an average heartland guy can ever dream about.

Every state has its own value and selling points. I do not even see how Hindus can ever derive and feel their spirituality without having the Himalayas.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Who told you that the ones I am talking about are "rich"??? Do you term poor Bihari migrants as rich? Check some more news about what happens to "Hindi Bhashi" before crying discrimination just because of being called a C word.

That's quite a silly argument to start with in defending NE people kidnapping and killing others.I was expecting something more logical from you but leave it.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Oh so that's why your sister is mingling with blacks,mexicans and whites and all the possible races to "mix-up" and lose her own original race and it has made you amused and disheartened? :lol: :wave:

Seems like you and your sisters are having serious IDENTITY CRISIS and its shown in each of your word.
Bechare Pe daya kijiye rockji, wah khud bahut Paresan hai apni behno ke chalte.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
When was the last time NE ones in Banglore and Delhi protested when hundreds of Biharis were being killed?

And stop comparing UP Bihar with fringe territories, check stats which will tell you Bihar is safer than Assam and Tripura and no one is killed for his language.

Infact, now I understand how west is so contemptous of India. Rape is higher in NE states than UP and Bihar yet our self hating ustads( who basically are hindi haters) see them occuring in UP and Bihar only.If you can not be aware of your own country, how do you expect others to know it from different continent?
If people in UP and Bihar do not report rapes that does not mean they do not happen. Given women are treated as half-citizens in almost the entire Hindi belt, I would not expect better. On top of that half of the criminals in every state come from UP and Bihar, be it Rajasthan, Gujarat or Maharashtra. So stop peddling lies which you cannot support by data.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles