A layman's analysis on our last two mmrca contenders

SpArK

SORCERER
what next discussing Anna on MRCA deal ???
We can discuss Anna if he flies in the second seat.

The thread was basically about information between the 2 and since we have a dedicated thread on the comparison, i guess its ok to bring whatever interests us around the topic.

Or am i just going way too offtopic as always ive been known for.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
second..one .. all i can recollect is we getting AIP technologies.

But i could be wrong in most cases, i am not that knowledgeable like most here and engages in a dialogue to know what i dont know.
well this is the link

Program Schedule of scorpene
DCNS, the French firm that developed the Scorpene, assured the Indian Navy in early 2008 that issues surrounding technology transfer had been taken care of and the first of the six Scorpene submarines would roll out by 2012. The remaining five were scheduled to follow at a rate of one per year. But by May 2008 the Rs 18,798-crore Scorpene submarine project had run into rough weather due to delay in technology transfer. The navy may not be able to induct the first submarine by the 2012 deadline, with the French yet to part with crucial details of technological know-how, including design and drawing documentation. A senior navy official confirmed to HT that the project had been delayed by a year due to "teething problems".
Project 75 / Scorpene

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
We can discuss Anna if he flies in the second seat.

The thread was basically about information between the 2 and since we have a dedicated thread on the comparison, i guess its ok to bring whatever interests us around the topic.

Or am i just going way too offtopic as always ive been known for.
why ANNA only why not sharukh khan 's new film RA-ONE & BIG BOSS?

SpArK

SORCERER
well this is the link

Program Schedule of scorpene
DCNS, the French firm that developed the Scorpene, assured the Indian Navy in early 2008 that issues surrounding technology transfer had been taken care of and the first of the six Scorpene submarines would roll out by 2012. The remaining five were scheduled to follow at a rate of one per year. But by May 2008 the Rs 18,798-crore Scorpene submarine project had run into rough weather due to delay in technology transfer. The navy may not be able to induct the first submarine by the 2012 deadline, with the French yet to part with crucial details of technological know-how, including design and drawing documentation. A senior navy official confirmed to HT that the project had been delayed by a year due to "teething problems".
Project 75 / Scorpene
Delayed not denied.

The project will get completed soon. France is a reliable partner as per many.

SpArK

SORCERER
Because we'll use other equipment. Point is that we didn't get the plane with its full features.
We wont be buying any fighter without radar, weapons or engine. So nothing to worry.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why a separate thread is required for this? MRCA thread is there and it's better to have all info on MRCA in it.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
You are missing the point of my post , i am saying even if you have had american armaments during the kargil war , the supplies would not have come through , its not just me saying this its the view of indian establishment and its proven time and again all over the world, thats the way america approaches its foreign policy.

About Israel its totally different , its a country which has a very strong foreign policy and rather its not the same like ISRAEL is a client state of america its rather opposite at times , giving he amount of influence israel has on american policies at times.Israel is not japan or south korea like ally its way different.

About the israeli help it was major because they wanted to enter the market as new players they had to show some credibility and thats was it.

The whole point even bengalraider raised it its credibility which america still has to earn , just supplying something ahead of schedule is not credibility.its a policy of observation that we see over a period of 100 years america has abandoned india always in times of need and we cannot forget and forgive so easily nwo that we are in the position of some influence.

when india didnt have the $$$ and the market , america didnt come to help india or sell its advanced weapons , they even put an embargo and rejected it , now that india has the $$$ america is sucking up , so let them suck a bit more for we have been abandoned and left to fight our own wars and even even faceoff american influenced opposition in times of war and this has been over a period of 60 years let them suck for atleast 30.
Adding to this i would like to say that President Nixon even favored the Chinese opening a new front on our east during the 71 war and the "enterprise incident" has been discussed to death on this forum.The point A.V. and i both are trying to make is that "THE ONLY BACK THE US OF A SAVES IS IT'S OWN" come what may!the only reason the Americans have started loving us is the dragon to the east, the same dragon they once tried to use against us. i am not against buying american goods at all, for chirssakes man half my family is american , however what i am against is buying american goods blindly the RAFALE is the close to if not the best at what it does and it is backed by a very tried and tested pro-India Foreign policy to boot, the F-18/F-16 are have-beens backed by a foreign policy outlook that may change at any moment!

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Delayed not denied.
arre brother yeh ander ki baat hey , it is ploy to get more money as they had alraedy bargained a higher price much by delaying ,u must be knowing that as there was a uproar in parliament over the hike in price over it
The project will get completed soon. France is a reliable partner as per many.
well when did i say france are not reliable partner they are time tested ally as u have seen it during pokhran crisis .

Tomcat

Guys this thread has degenerated in to a american bashing free for all thread and is way of topic but still. to bring it back on topic

the fight is to close to call but i vouche for the Dassault Rafale due to the fact that the IAF has been operating mirages for a long time and i think that the transion time between the Mirage aand the rafale will be way less and sinces it can use the same facilities as the mirage lesser basing cost and not only that the Mirage Upgrade has some commonality with the Rafale and not only that the Wepones used for the rafale can also be used for the mirage

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Guys this thread has degenerated in to a american bashing free for all thread and is way of topic but still. to bring it back on topic
well definitely this thread has been derailed
the fight is to close to call but i vouche for the Dassault Rafale due to the fact that the IAF has been operating mirages for a long time and i think that the transion time between the Mirage aand the rafale will be way less and sinces it can use the same facilities as the mirage lesser basing cost and not only that the Mirage Upgrade has some commonality with the Rafale and not only that the Wepones used for the rafale can also be used for the mirage

well only IAF would decide what is best for them not atleast us ,we can only hope for the best :thumb:

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Firstly, this MMRCA thread is unnecessary and a little late for speculation - we have been doing that for the last 2-3 years ... now the results will come soon, so we may as well wait, unless you want to end with a big bang of speculations ...

Secondly, most of the "discussion" is OT.

Please merge/ lock this thread.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Firstly, this MMRCA thread is unnecessary and a little late for speculation - we have been doing that for the last 2-3 years ... now the results will come soon, so we may as well wait, unless you want to end with a big bang of speculations ...
well quite true , u must have been discussing it for last 2-3 yrs .,i can estimate it form ur posts out of 1104 posts 100 posts must be related to this topic & rest 1000 must be related to making threads on fantasy wars between various nations like nepal invading india ,india invading america

Please merge/ lock this thread.
how about making it a sticky thread :bounce:

Last edited:

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
????
WTF dude?

MMRCA contest has a hundred thread. You just added a 101st - so what? Good analysis, but a little late - isn't it? Or are you trying to display your skills in terms of googling and copy-pasting information from different websites?

As for "fantasy wars" - hmmm.

India-Pak conflict is not a fantasy war. Happened 4 times (okay, 3.5 times).

India-China conflict is not a fantasy war too. happened 1.5 times.

If your beef is with our "Falklands" type campaign thread - still - why do you think IN is getting 4-5 A/C by 2025 and why do you think they are raising Indian Marine battalions? Getting ready for PLAN in IOR.

As for this thread - as I mentioned before - good job copy pasting - but my 7 yar old nephew can do it too ...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles