A layman's analysis on our last two mmrca contenders

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@drsomnath999- extremely commendable work, you should look at a career as a defense reporter!Anyways some real bigwigs from Dassault have been coming to Delhi in the last two weeks, i'm sorry cannot name them!

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
@drsomnath999- extremely commendable work, you should look at a career as a defense reporter!Anyways some real bigwigs from Dassault have been coming to Delhi in the last two weeks, i'm sorry cannot name them!
thanks man but i am a dentist Dr somnath 999 (lord of 32 teeth ):lol: i am happy with my profession just i had some interest in defence so i do it for pass time

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I must say that problem is something else, it is not the aircraft, as both the aircraft is more or less same based on IAF parameters, as they meet most of IAF requirements, problem is what PMO with CCS decided.
If i am PM or member of his cabinet, i have some very tough decisions to be made.
Lets see:
1. Should I go with France or EF member countries:
France is reliable partner, all they want is money, EF countries are not very reliable as they can be armed twisted by uncle, and any one of them goes against us in war would be trouble for us. Other argument is that all the countries of EF would give guarantee and then support of these countries in any International forum would be great advantage for us, rather than only one France.
2.TOT (complete tot) is very important, especially when we are looking for engine and radar tech, those who will provide the same to us is important. (as I have already said in my previous post in this thread).
3. Price is also important one may be L1 as of today, but complete package would be make it L2 in long run. (hope they will take this into account while deciding fighter).

I think what would come is something like
EF would be winner of the contest if they give complete TOT, radar and engine etc.
France already got M2K upgrade would get civilian nuclear reactor deal. (Some other lucrative Contracts)
US already got transport aircraft, they will get more orders, may be even armed helicopters
Russia, already lot of orders including 5G aircraft

(So something for all) good for international relations

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@saya- All defense decisions are always more strategic decisions based on needs of foreign policy and diplomatic niceties rather than Technical decisions based upon hard data analysis.

SpArK

SORCERER
Support of countries.

Thats sounds interesting.

Would like to know whether the countries like Spain stops supplies to adversaries or Italy quit the coffee club.

Or is it after deal.:taunt1: <--- This comes.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@saya- All defense decisions are always more strategic decisions based on needs of foreign policy and diplomatic niceties rather than Technical decisions based upon hard data analysis.
yeah that is what i am saying, hope it will not end up in one big mess and circus.

agentperry

the deal got political favor when american companies were thrown out.
price, technology and anything one can think of---> american f/a-18 was best. the f-16 offered by usa was 4.5 gen as compared to both rafale and ef who are good 4 gen but not 4.5 gen.

this is a blunder in the making that why im not looking forward to it. we have already lost good opportunity and now anything will be just filler!!!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Hard work..

God Job..

Btw, Where is sancho.. ?? :p

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
yeah that is what i am saying, hope it will not end up in one big mess and circus.
France has some brownie points with our AF and the Mod for standing with us during both pokharan and kargil.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I think uncle's fighters are buried for good for this tender. Uncle is not reliable plus they sell us and then want to inspect us something for which we paid top $$$ not acceptable, their laws are not allow us for spear parts and equipment for sustain war effort. Therefore i am glade that we have thrown them out. Not many countries can do that mind you.

agentperry

this thing applies to all the american stuff we buy. so should we snap the tie. India made dhruv having european components, when transfered to myanmar created lots of hue and cry in EU. the case is common with all its upon us whom we pay more attention.

american planes are easiest of all to handle, and source is my relative in iaf maintenance wing. they experience it in joint ex.

SpArK

SORCERER
I think uncle's fighters are buried for good for this tender. Uncle is not reliable plus they sell us and then want to inspect us something for which we paid top $$$ not acceptable, their laws are not allow us for spear parts and equipment for sustain war effort. Therefore i am glade that we have thrown them out. Not many countries can do that mind you.
That days are gone..
We are buying uncle's engines for our home grown fighter.
Spares are applicable to C-130,C-17 , P-8i etc, not just fighter planes.
And both transport and fighters are as important in a conflict.
Even Apache's could be in our forces if it wins.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
France has some brownie points with our AF and the Mod for standing with us during both pokharan and kargil.
i also want France to get it, hate to deal with 5-6 countries, plus past record of France is good against us. Not to forget Britain benefited from the help of France, which gave the Exocet's code and homing radar in falkland war. But I must say it is reliable supplier when it comes to India.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
That days are gone..
We are buying uncle's engines for our home grown fighter.
Spares are applicable to C-130,C-17 , P-8i etc, not just fighter planes.
And both transport and fighters are as important in a conflict.
Even Apache's could be in our forces if it wins.
what you will do in case they refuse to supply us, like they did to Pakistan ???

SpArK

SORCERER
what you will do in case they refuse to supply us, like they did to Pakistan ???
What if France refused to supply or Russia refused to supply.

If it hasnt happened before doesnt mean it couldnt in future.

There is no guarantee. We never bought and have spares issue with US yet, but has plenty with our present suppliers.

The sanctions we talk on is during nuke tests. That was more of a compulsion as they were acting as world police, now things have changed and India is not that India that used to be.

Do you think Japan is a fool buying stuff from a nation that once even nuked them?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
guys please understand we dont want others to tell us what are our national interest is. If you go with US they are do all what is necessary to make us dependent on them. Today we have independent foreign policy. Tommorow we done be any different from what Pakistan is today. No such things from EF or France.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
What if France refused to supply or Russia refused to supply.

If it hasnt happened before doesnt mean it couldnt in future.

There is no guarantee. We never bought and have spares issue with US yet, but has plenty with our present suppliers.

The sanctions we talk on is during nuke tests. That was more of a compulsion as they were acting as world police, now things have changed and India is not that India that used to be.

Do you think Japan is a fool buying stuff from a nation that once even nuked them?
yeah that is why complete TOT and US domestic laws prohibit selling weapons in case of war, no such things from France.

BTW if you are so concern about stopping of spears then only answer is make it here.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles