A Hindu wedding for a US lawmaker

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Well to be honest these people don't seem off their rockers after having spent their formative years in an ashram. What i find strange is that we may be facing a similar situation in India. The teenage population knows nothing about religion and is inheriting only the rituals without even understanding why. The influence of the west has overtaken the mobile generation. In a sense we are all not close to vedic religion, we have become ritualistic and don't like dumb followers do not take the trouble to go in to the essence of it.

I am worried about where the future is heading w.r.t religion. Maybe it takes an avatar to bring religion back in to people's lives when it has all but died off.
It wasn't too long ago when people took off on spiritual quests. Now even those places are commercialized. Its possible to sit back and watch the water flowing down a bridge only in imagination.
I know what you mean. Well at least we have rituals that keeps people connected.
I have seen chinese buddhists dropping their religion and traditions as fast as sunny leone drops her clothes on camera :rofl:. Most of them become christian.
Hinduism or rather I would say devotional component of Hinduism has been changing for many years and was never static. In the vedic age we had Indra and varun and agni. Now shiva and ganpati. :)

Rashna

Country flag
Sorry for the bloopers in the earlier post. Sometimes i type and delete and re-type and then forget to check it. But i think u got the picture. Chinese getting married in White gowns is quite funny. I think in terms of religious paucity china might take the cake. I had a strange thought yesterday, India exported buddhism to much of south east asia but the irony is that this religion could not stay put in most places. Indian muslims converted Indonesian hindus and today Indonesia is a muslim country. Hindus have a poor track record of spreading their own belief system. I think somewhere we lack the interest in our own faith and hence do not go about propagating it. I mean if buddhism could have been spread why not hinduism? It also stems from lack of organized religion among hindus. Islam has the Quran, Christianity has the Bible, and Hinduism has Vedas, upanishads, puranas, gita and the numbers run in to thousands. Moreover they are written in a language people can't understand anymore. Many saints have come who did the service of making the gita understandable but now we have these fake babas who eat mutton and say chant my name and you won't get raped! This is what religion has come to and its disgusting.

I know what you mean. Well at least we have rituals that keeps people connected.
I have seen chinese buddhists dropping their religion and traditions as fast as sunny leone drops her clothes on camera :rofl:. Most of them become christian.
Hinduism or rather I would say devotional component of Hinduism has been changing for many years and was never static. In the vedic age we had Indra and varun and agni. Now shiva and ganpati. :)

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Sorry for the bloopers in the earlier post. Sometimes i type and delete and re-type and then forget to check it. But i think u got the picture. Chinese getting married in White gowns is quite funny. I think in terms of religious paucity china might take the cake. I had a strange thought yesterday, India exported buddhism to much of south east asia but the irony is that this religion could not stay put in most places. Indian muslims converted Indonesian hindus and today Indonesia is a muslim country. Hindus have a poor track record of spreading their own belief system. I think somewhere we lack the interest in our own faith and hence do not go about propagating it. I mean if buddhism could have been spread why not hinduism? It also stems from lack of organized religion among hindus. Islam has the Quran, Christianity has the Bible, and Hinduism has Vedas, upanishads, puranas, gita and the numbers run in to thousands. Moreover they are written in a language people can't understand anymore. Many saints have come who did the service of making the gita understandable but now we have these fake babas who eat mutton and say chant my name and you won't get raped! This is what religion has come to and its disgusting.
Hinduism is too idealistic for this world. Think about it. In europe there were 100s of wars as there were in pre-islamic India. Nobody in any indian war even touched a civilian. Rape was never used as an instrument of humiliation unlike the world over.
About china , you may waana read this :lol:
China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years - Telegraph
Hinduism is very complex for outsiders to understand. It cannot be packed like a takeaway pizza. Christianity and Islam are actually political movements and are built to spread , much like a virus is built to infect. They cripple the IQ of the host and destroy their symbols, stories and cuture , to be replaced by an ever increasing insecurity about hell and damnation. If the number of followers is compared, Hinduism is no match for both these "parasites".

Rashna

Country flag
If this trend continues Hindus might one day be looking for a "Promised Land". Somebody on this forum with a chinese flag commented yesterday that the young chinese generation loves western culture. He was also batting for the idea that Chinese want revenge for whatever was done to them in the past. China is on the roll in the South China Sea and they are also continually challenging India's border. If something inside China's religious conundrum doesn't explode China will continue its attempt at regional hegemony. I have no doubt in my mind that China has expansionist designs just like Russia does.
Ok if we can't use religion as a weapon can we at least develop an abrasive skin that keeps people off us. Be an Israel literally! Because India is also almost becoming a "Promised Land" for Hindus who are caught between 2 goliaths, Islam and Christianity. Instead we go around being perceived as a doormat anyone can wipe their feet over and walk away. India has refused to step up to the plate in playing any role in regional politics. That is because we are largely self-sufficient today. But that's not how you become a superpower.

Hinduism is too idealistic for this world. Think about it. In europe there were 100s of wars as there were in pre-islamic India. Nobody in any indian war even touched a civilian. Rape was never used as an instrument of humiliation unlike the world over.
About china , you may waana read this :lol:
China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years - Telegraph
Hinduism is very complex for outsiders to understand. It cannot be packed like a takeaway pizza. Christianity and Islam are actually political movements and are built to spread , much like a virus is built to infect. They cripple the IQ of the host and destroy their symbols, stories and cuture , to be replaced by an ever increasing insecurity about hell and damnation. If the number of followers is compared, Hinduism is no match for both these "parasites".

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
If this trend continues Hindus might one day be looking for a "Promised Land". Somebody on this forum with a chinese flag commented yesterday that the young chinese generation loves western culture. He was also batting for the idea that Chinese want revenge for whatever was done to them in the past. China is on the roll in the South China Sea and they are also continually challenging India's border. If something inside China's religious conundrum doesn't explode China will continue its attempt at regional hegemony. I have no doubt in my mind that China has expansionist designs just like Russia does.
Ok if we can't use religion as a weapon can we at least develop an abrasive skin that keeps people off us. Be an Israel literally! Because India is also almost becoming a "Promised Land" for Hindus who are caught between 2 goliaths, Islam and Christianity. Instead we go around being perceived as a doormat anyone can wipe their feet over and walk away. India has refused to step up to the plate in playing any role in regional politics. That is because we are largely self-sufficient today. But that's not how you become a superpower.
I remember reading that the queen of thailand/cambodia(forgot :( which country) wanted her kids to learn sanskrit. She contacted the embassy and they replied , "we are a secular republic." While china promotes Confucius's values throughout the world.
So most hindus have no confidence in their religion. They use secularim as an excuse to bury their insecurities about their own faith.
A big positive is that the young are more confident although less religious. They are not falling for Religion of Peace/Religion of Love either.
Personally I have taken to proclaim that hinduism is the one true religion. It really vexes other hindus more that Abrahamic idiots.

Rashna

Country flag
Forget about teaching others sanskrit is anyone learning it in India today? Given that our religious texts are in that language isn't it paramount that Indians should learn to read and write the language at least in basic form. Learning Sanskrit has many other advantages too. Ya Secularism is a garb for denigrating your own faith. So we have to sing paens to openly evil religions just because its been hammered in to us that we are not superior. But i think we are. Any religion which breeds so many calm, collected people has to be superior.

I remember reading that the queen of thailand/cambodia(forgot :( which country) wanted her kids to learn sanskrit. She contacted the embassy and they replied , "we are a secular republic." While china promotes Confucius's values throughout the world.
So most hindus have no confidence in their religion. They use secularim as an excuse to bury their insecurities about their own faith.
A big positive is that the young are more confident although less religious. They are not falling for Religion of Peace/Religion of Love either.
Personally I have taken to proclaim that hinduism is the one true religion. It really vexes other hindus more that Abrahamic idiots.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Forget about teaching others sanskrit is anyone learning it in India today? Given that our religious texts are in that language isn't it paramount that Indians should learn to read and write the language at least in basic form. Learning Sanskrit has many other advantages too. Ya Secularism is a garb for denigrating your own faith. So we have to sing paens to openly evil religions just because its been hammered in to us that we are not superior. But i think we are. Any religion which breeds so many calm, collected people has to be superior.
As I have written elsewhere , these "parasitic cults" are very inferior to our belief. But most hindus believe just being superior will win them the battle. I think I had written before .... "Satyamev Jayathe" needs warriors. This does not mean violence per se. It definitely means standing up for yourself.

Rashna

Country flag
This kind of sums it up!

Pride v.s. Fundamentalism
December 4, 2014 by Ambaa

Many of the people that I chat with on Twitter feel that people who express pride in Hinduism are being branded as Fundamentalist, "Right" wing, Hindutva, and Fantatic.
I think I can kind of see both sides on this one. I understand the fears of the people who are doing that labeling. Sometimes being vocally proud of your religion/beliefs/practices can be a code for wanting yours to be number one and to oppress people with different beliefs. I've seen that happen.
I'm pretty far from what anyone could call a fundamentalist but at the same time I am absolutely proud to be a Hindu and proud of what Hindus and Hinduism have achieved and continue to achieve.
Having pride in your faith is not the same as being a fanatic or a fundamentalist, but at the same time it's something that outsiders aren't sure how to interpret. Even though Hinduism doesn't have a history of forced conversions or exclusivity like many of the other world religions, there's still a fear that some Hindus may start wanting it to be that way and silence other religions.
Now, I am not Indian and I don't live in India so I don't know, but I suspect that some of the things that Hindus are dealing with in India mirror things that Christians are dealing with in America. Maybe it's the nature of being in the majority faith.
Sometimes when the majority faith is asked to make room for minority faiths to be heard, it can feel like you're being attacked. It can feel like you're being asked to have a lesser role and let others steamroll over you. In America with Christianity I would say that's a misunderstanding and a perfectly understandable one. When you've had the majority voice for a long time, being asked to step aside once in a while to let someone else's voice be heard does mean that you give up some of the power and the voice that you had. You relinquish it for the sake of someone who hasn't historically been allowed to speak. But when you are the majority, even then your voice is still the loudest.
But I know that it can feel like all the minorities get to dictate everything and they are allowed to have pride and you aren't, etc. I've had someone say to me, "If there are Black pride events, why isn't it okay to have White pride events?" And the answer is because every day is White pride day. Giving a few moments to acknowledge Black contribution to society is an attempt to raise them a tiny bit closer to what White people in America have all the time.
And it's like that with religion too. Asking you to acknowledge and respect other religions is not meant to diminish yours or to tell you not to have pride in it. It's just trying to level the playing field a little because those in minority religions don't get to see their faith represented every day in the ways that the majority religion does. And maybe you do respect people of other faiths. Because saying that you are proud of yours does not mean that you don't think other people should also be proud of theirs! Yet sometimes it is interpreted that way.
It's a very different experience for a Hindu in America than a Hindu in India, I suspect. In America we are less than 4% of the population! I find that the perspective that gives me is very valuable and it's why I think it would be good for everyone to spend some time living in a place where you are a minority of some kind.
That said, Hinduism is a wonderful way of life and you should absolutely be proud to be a Hindu. Let your actions speak, do great work in the world and let people see that Hindus stand for scientific advancement, equality for women, and improving quality of life for everyone.
Being proud of being Hindu does not make you a fundamentalist. But there are some Hindus who are fanatics (it's rare, I think, but it can happen) and when people hear you say you're proud of being Hindu, there is a worry that it's a code for wanting Hinduism to take over.
Again, this is unlikely since Hinduism is not a proselytizing religion and some of that fear may be due to people from religions that believe in exclusivity being afraid that Hindus want to take over everything.
Yes, I'm very proud to be a Hindu and I hope that everyone has a religion or a path that makes him/her proud.

As I have written elsewhere , these "parasitic cults" are very inferior to our belief. But most hindus believe just being superior will win them the battle. I think I had written before .... "Satyamev Jayathe" needs warriors. This does not mean violence per se. It definitely means standing up for yourself.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
This kind of sums it up!

December 4, 2014 by Ambaa

Many of the people that I chat with on Twitter feel that people who express pride in Hinduism are being branded as Fundamentalist, "Right" wing, Hindutva, and Fantatic.
I think I can kind of see both sides on this one. I understand the fears of the people who are doing that labeling. Sometimes being vocally proud of your religion/beliefs/practices can be a code for wanting yours to be number one and to oppress people with different beliefs. I've seen that happen.
I'm pretty far from what anyone could call a fundamentalist but at the same time I am absolutely proud to be a Hindu and proud of what Hindus and Hinduism have achieved and continue to achieve.
Having pride in your faith is not the same as being a fanatic or a fundamentalist, but at the same time it's something that outsiders aren't sure how to interpret. Even though Hinduism doesn't have a history of forced conversions or exclusivity like many of the other world religions, there's still a fear that some Hindus may start wanting it to be that way and silence other religions.
Now, I am not Indian and I don't live in India so I don't know, but I suspect that some of the things that Hindus are dealing with in India mirror things that Christians are dealing with in America. Maybe it's the nature of being in the majority faith.
Sometimes when the majority faith is asked to make room for minority faiths to be heard, it can feel like you're being attacked. It can feel like you're being asked to have a lesser role and let others steamroll over you. In America with Christianity I would say that's a misunderstanding and a perfectly understandable one. When you've had the majority voice for a long time, being asked to step aside once in a while to let someone else's voice be heard does mean that you give up some of the power and the voice that you had. You relinquish it for the sake of someone who hasn't historically been allowed to speak. But when you are the majority, even then your voice is still the loudest.
But I know that it can feel like all the minorities get to dictate everything and they are allowed to have pride and you aren't, etc. I've had someone say to me, "If there are Black pride events, why isn't it okay to have White pride events?" And the answer is because every day is White pride day. Giving a few moments to acknowledge Black contribution to society is an attempt to raise them a tiny bit closer to what White people in America have all the time.
And it's like that with religion too. Asking you to acknowledge and respect other religions is not meant to diminish yours or to tell you not to have pride in it. It's just trying to level the playing field a little because those in minority religions don't get to see their faith represented every day in the ways that the majority religion does. And maybe you do respect people of other faiths. Because saying that you are proud of yours does not mean that you don't think other people should also be proud of theirs! Yet sometimes it is interpreted that way.
It's a very different experience for a Hindu in America than a Hindu in India, I suspect. In America we are less than 4% of the population! I find that the perspective that gives me is very valuable and it's why I think it would be good for everyone to spend some time living in a place where you are a minority of some kind.
That said, Hinduism is a wonderful way of life and you should absolutely be proud to be a Hindu. Let your actions speak, do great work in the world and let people see that Hindus stand for scientific advancement, equality for women, and improving quality of life for everyone.
Being proud of being Hindu does not make you a fundamentalist. But there are some Hindus who are fanatics (it's rare, I think, but it can happen) and when people hear you say you're proud of being Hindu, there is a worry that it's a code for wanting Hinduism to take over.
Again, this is unlikely since Hinduism is not a proselytizing religion and some of that fear may be due to people from religions that believe in exclusivity being afraid that Hindus want to take over everything.
Yes, I'm very proud to be a Hindu and I hope that everyone has a religion or a path that makes him/her proud.

More of those disney-esqu articles. The truth is they will keep attacking you(Dharmics) until you give up your way of life.
Here is an example. in indias daughter at about 19:40 mark, when the rapist describes how he pulled intestine out of nirbhaya's body , the camara zooms in on shiv parvati's statue. A very clever subliminal message.

Rashna

Country flag
I think we have been fed this secularism BS for so long now that we go to great lengths to destroy ourselves just to prove that we are secular. Secularism died the day this country was partitioned for religion. I did not watch that documentary and I won't ever watch it.

More of those disney-esqu articles. The truth is they will keep attacking you(Dharmics) until you give up your way of life.
Here is an example. in indias daughter at about 19:40 mark, when the rapist describes how he pulled intestine out of nirbhaya's body , the camara zooms in on shiv parvati's statue. A very clever subliminal message.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I think we have been fed this secularism BS for so long now that we go to great lengths to destroy ourselves just to prove that we are secular. Secularism died the day this country was partitioned for religion. I did not watch that documentary and I won't ever watch it.
The message was simple : Indian ( read Hindu) culture is misogynist.
A soft push for Christianity I might add . And yes secularism has far been used to shame India. It is being used today too. Here is and article you should read.
Modi's in France, But the French Don't Seem to Care | The Diplomat
By Sanjay Kumar
April 10, 2015
While the majority of people I met had little knowledge about Modi or his visit, a few academics at Caen University had a lot to say about the prime minister's political personality.

"I have heard that your prime minister used to be a radical," Coratin Jorel, an art professor at the university, said. "The stories I have read about his political evolution are very disturbing. How could he possibly win an election in a polytheistic, secular country like India?"

Jorel showed me a news item in Caen's biggest newspaper that depicts the attack on churches in Delhi and other parts of India. It appeared just days before Modi's visit to France.

"This kind of news seems common in Pakistan, but I've never heard of it happening in India," Jorel told me. "Fundamentalism is gaining strength everywhere. France is also facing this headache. India must remain a liberal, multi-religious, multi-ethnic nation."

Four other faculty members I met at Caen seemed to have a negative impression of Modi.

"I feel he does not represent the spirit of India. He is an anathema," said Camille Claustre, a professor of literature.

Some of the Indian students I met on campus were reluctant to talk about politics. "There is not much interest among French students about India," Sandeep Kumar Chalubadi said. "I am aware that Modi is coming to France but most of the students don't care about it." However, Chalubadi's friends have taken an increased interest in India since last year's election. "Some of my friends have been asking about a beef ban in India," he adds. "They find it very funny. I find it difficult to explain. Attacks on Muslims and Christians in India and the beef ban don't look good to the French."[edit:This from a country that has banned burquas and after charlie hebdo saw attack on mosques]

Still, Modi's trip barely registers in newspapers and on TV stations in France. "France is more interested in trade with China," Romain Siegenfuhr, a Paris-based documentary filmmaker tells me. "India is not that important. France is still preoccupied with internal problems and the Eurozone crisis."

Despite what the Indian press may say, there is no real buzz greeting Modi in France.
@Mad Indian @Tshering22 and @maomao should take a look for presstitutes and their poison.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rashna

Country flag
What do the french have to say about "pate foie gras" being banned in the USA? Does it fit in to their secular ideals?

A soft push for Christianity I might add . And yes secularism has far been used to shame India. It is being used today too. Here is and article you should read.
By Sanjay Kumar
April 10, 2015
@Mad Indian @Tshering22 and @maomao should take a look for presstitutes and their poison.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Why should we care about what common french man has to say about Modi's visit to France? If we are getting what we want from the G2G talks then common french people can go about living their normal lives.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
What do the french have to say about "pate foie gras" being banned in the USA? Does it fit in to their secular ideals?
Ahahahaha........... Don't blame the french .. blame indians who tarnish india to tarnish modi.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Why should we care about what common french man has to say about Modi's visit to France? If we are getting what we want from the G2G talks then common french people can go about living their normal lives.
Thats not the point. The point is how the reporter is using the shaming language of secularism to push anti-modi anti-BJP political agenda.

Rashna

Country flag
Thank God the french don't see indian media. No American reporter ever went to France to get the views of french on Pate Foie Gras ban nor did they ask the french if they are bothered that OBAMA snubbed the historic Paris Rally.

Of course the british press couldn't resist!

President Barack Obama and other top members of his administration have snubbed a historic rally in Paris today that brought together more than 40 world leaders from Europe, Africa, the Middle East and even Russia.
'France is our oldest ally,' Obama said during a speech Friday in Tennessee. 'I want the people of France to know that the United States stands with you today, stands with you tomorrow.'
But he wasn't standing in Paris as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas put aside their differences and linked arms.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and Russian Foreign Affairs Minister Sergei Lavrov made the same unifying gesture in the march down the Place de la Concorde in defiance of the Islamist terror attacks that rocked the city last week.
According to an administration official, President Obama spent part of his Sunday afternoon watching a National Football League game on television. Both games were broadcast hours after the march.
Heads of state from every major European power, including British Prime Minister David Cameron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, joined French President Francois Hollande.
But the U.S.A. was M.I.A.

Read more: America snubs historic Paris rally | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ahahahaha........... Don't blame the french .. blame indians who tarnish india to tarnish modi.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Thats not the point. The point is how the reporter is using the shaming language of secularism to push anti-modi anti-BJP political agenda.
Yes you are right..I also wanted to convey the same thing that why should a reporter right about these things?? Indian journos are setting new lows every day.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
By Sanjay Kumar
April 10, 2015

I am aware of their SOFT push for Lutheran crap.

That's what it is known for; to induce weakness and make people less confident about their culture.

Presstitutes are someone we haven't started targeting yet and it is important that people not just from Hindu community but other patriotic Indians should also target. Take them head on in the intellectual arena and physically on their violent paid goons.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
By Sanjay Kumar
April 10, 2015
The chutiy@ who wrote that article doesn't know that French newspapers are plastered with Modi's visit. It has dominated headlines. "French don't seem to care", my arse.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles