A Chinese joke called ADIZ

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Probably a graduate student. :-D
As graduate as the Graduate int the film The Graduate ?

Further:

He should be speaking like this:

Last edited by a moderator:

cw2005

Why should we start a similar 'joke'?

We are not trying to pretend what we are not!

Ray, what you are saying is that setting up this "Joke" is OK, but China set up this "Joke" when she is not capable and therefore becomes a "Joke".

Then please opine why South Korea set up similar "Joke" with much less military capability compared with China attracted no attention for their "Joke".

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ray, what you are saying is that setting up this "Joke" is OK, but China set up this "Joke" when she is not capable and therefore becomes a "Joke".

Then please opine why South Korea set up similar "Joke" with much less military capability compared with China attracted no attention for their "Joke".
Because it is the USAF that will ensure it!

Huge difference!

But then, we were talking about India since you raised it.

We wouldn't be fool enough to do so and make a monkey of ourselves as China has done to itself!

Last edited:

wodoo1

Indian should understand why we want to set up G2 to talk to Chinese. China is not a weak country as Iraq. We almost cannot threaten them with our ADIZ if we ignore Chinese ADIZ. USAF is not ready to force them.

cw2005

Because it is the USAF that will ensure it!

Huge difference!

We wouldn't be fool enough to do so and make a monkey of ourselves as China has done to itself!
Ray: What you are trying to tell us is that

1) Any country backed by USA could set up a "Joke" and no one would laugh, and
2) China, though listed as one of the top five military power in the world, is a "Joke to set up its ADIZ. and
3) India will not set up ADIZ unless it becomes as strong or stronger than the USA.

Did I understand you correctly?

happy

@cw2005 The main reason why it has become a 'joke' in the first place. And by questioning the validity of this 'joke' you have also become a "JOKER" along with all the other chini who are questioning it !!! Ha ha ha !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

happy

2) China, though listed as one of the top five military power in the world, is a "Joke to set up its ADIZ. and
3) India will not set up ADIZ unless it becomes as strong or stronger than the USA.

No, you did not.

1) Any country can set up an ADIZ depending on its capability and it would not be a 'joke' if it can enforce it tooth and nail.

2) China's ADIZ has become a 'joke', because, in the first place it is childish. A retaliation for something that happened way back in 1969. Secondly, China has failed to enforce it and has backtracked many times on its threats when directly challenged. Thirdly, China is trying to bully its way around by showing its permanent UN membership.

3) IMO, India will not set up an ADZ unless the need arises and so far the need is zero. If you still want to see Indian response, you can see it on a daily basis at the LOC where paki planes are repeatedly chased and wet their pants to approach near the border from their own side :).

Finally, where does your loyalties lie ??? Are you Indian ?? Chinese ?? Paki ?? Perhaps Russian ?? Would be good to know. Or else, I am wasting my time chatting with a hippie.

wodoo1

Intelligent Lca is much better than Chinese chunk J10/j11. India has intelligent aircraft carries. Why not setup ADIZ to show LCA and carries? You are strong enough to show your muscle!

Last edited:

cw2005

No, you did not.

1) Any country can set up an ADIZ depending on its capability and it would not be a 'joke' if it can enforce it tooth and nail.

2) China's ADIZ has become a 'joke', because, in the first place it is childish. A retaliation for something that happened way back in 1969. Secondly, China has failed to enforce it and has backtracked many times on its threats when directly challenged. Thirdly, China is trying to bully its way around by showing its permanent UN membership.

3) IMO, India will not set up an ADZ unless the need arises and so far the need is zero. If you still want to see Indian response, you can see it on a daily basis at the LOC where paki planes are repeatedly chased and wet their pants to approach near the border from their own side :).

Finally, where does your loyalties lie ??? Are you Indian ?? Chinese ?? Paki ?? Perhaps Russian ?? Would be good to know. Or else, I am wasting my time chatting with a hippie.
Does it matter? If you read my response in this fourm, you would know I am taking no side. I come to this forum to study the mentality of their members and I have learnt a lot. Since you have asked, I have been living/studying/working in England, Congo Kinshasa, Ghana, Nigeria, Canada, USA, Thailand, Hong Kong and various cities of China.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

No, I am telling you nothing of the sort.

All I am saying is what is the fact.

1. ADIZ set up by the US or any other country backed by anyone is not legal as per international law. Though ipso facto, it is taken to be defacto but not dejure.

2. The US ADIZ or ADIZ of other countries is 'defensive', in that they use it for 'early warning' of hostile military aircraft. Even so, this is applicable only if these aircraft (civil) are to land in Japan. If they enter the ADIZ but are heading elsewhere i.e. not the country that has declared an ADIZ, then the aircraft does NOT HAVE TO NOTIFY THE COUNTRY THAT HAS THIS ADIZ!

3. in the case of CHINA, Chine insists that all aircraft, military or civil, entering the ADIZ can only do so with the prior concurrence of China. In short, it is as if it were the Chinese airspace and not international airspace.. This is an aggressive and hostile attitude that usurps international airspace as China's private preserve! That is total hogwash and balderdash.

4.It is your assumption that when India gets stronger than the US, she will set up and ADIZ. Unlike the daydreaming Chinese, who are reacting to the 100 years of humiliation with 'new patriotism', India has no hang ups on the the way history has treated her. We take things in its stride.

Assuming that India becomes stronger than China, just to humour you, where is the requirement of having an ADIZ? Our surveillance should be so good that we can make out hostile aircraft before its vector to India. Then only will one consider any country 'stronger that the US! ;)

You are trying to obfuscate with irrelevance.

I have said all this before including quoting US instruction on the ADIZ.

Now, if you cannot understand simple English, then I can hardly help you as you spin and indulge in irrelevance to avoid the Chinese embarrassment that it has been shown up to the Paper Tiger it is. Scared to act against the strong (like the US), but bully the weak (as in SCS)

cw2005

No, I am telling you nothing of the sort.

All I am saying is what is the fact.

1. ADIZ set up by the US or any other country backed by anyone is not legal as per international law. Though ipso facto, it is taken to be defacto but not dejure.

2. The US ADIZ or ADIZ of other countries is 'defensive', in that they use it for 'early warning' of hostile military aircraft. Even so, this is applicable only if these aircraft (civil) are to land in Japan. If they enter the ADIZ but are heading elsewhere i.e. not the country that has declared an ADIZ, then the aircraft does NOT HAVE TO NOTIFY THE COUNTRY THAT HAS THIS ADIZ!

3. in the case of CHINA, Chine insists that all aircraft, military or civil, entering the ADIZ can only do so with the prior concurrence of China. In short, it is as if it were the Chinese airspace and not international airspace.. This is an aggressive and hostile attitude that usurps international airspace as China's private preserve! That is total hogwash and balderdash.

4.It is your assumption that when India gets stronger than the US, she will set up and ADIZ. Unlike the daydreaming Chinese, who are reacting to the 100 years of humiliation with 'new patriotism', India has no hang ups on the the way history has treated her. We take things in its stride.

Assuming that India becomes stronger than China, just to humour you, where is the requirement of having an ADIZ? Our surveillance should be so good that we can make out hostile aircraft before its vector to India. Then only will one consider any country 'stronger that the US! ;)

You are trying to obfuscate with irrelevance.

I have said all this before including quoting US instruction on the ADIZ.

Now, if you cannot understand simple English, then I can hardly help you as you spin and indulge in irrelevance to avoid the Chinese embarrassment that it has been shown up to the Paper Tiger it is. Scared to act against the strong (like the US), but bully the weak (as in SCS)
Thank you Ray. Now I understand your thinking and metality better.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
China is turned into a JOKE literally... so after US,SK,Japan now Taiwan violated Chinese "airspace".Taiwan flew 30 flights and Chinese could do nothing at all. :rofl:

Now, Taiwan flies into 'China zone' 30 times

Taiwan said on Monday its military planes have made about 30 flights into a part of China's newly declared air defence zone which overlaps a similar Taiwanese zone.China's unilateral announcement on November 23 of an Air Defence Identification Zone (ADIZ) in the East China Sea has angered the US, Japan and South Korea as well as Taiwan.

Beijing demands that all aircraft submit flight plans when traversing the zone, which covers islands disputed with Tokyo and also claimed by Taipei.On Friday the Ma Ying-jeou administration in Taiwan, which has been pushing for detente with the mainland since 2008, launched a belated protest about the zone following mounting pressure from the opposition.

Defence minister Yen Ming, answering questions in parliament today, said the Taiwanese military planes had made "around 30 flights" into the overlapping area in the past week or so. Yen said Taiwan's air force would scramble planes should Chinese aircraft enter the overlapping area, but none had done so as yet.

US navy deploys new surveillance aircraft to Japan.The US Navy has deployed sophisticated surveillance aircraft to Japan, officials said Monday, amid rising tensions over China's territorial claims in the region. Two P-8A Poseidon patrol jets departed Jacksonville, Florida on Friday and arrived later at Kadena air base in Okinawa.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I guess Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam etc should also consider violating Chinese "airspace".

:lol:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Also today US rejected Chinese claims of it's "airspace"... CHINA is making a joke of itself with stupid air/land/water/space claims. :lol::lol:

U.S. rejects China's claim for more Pacific airspace | The Daily Caller

President Barack Obama is formally rejecting China's efforts to claim control of international airspace alongside Japanese islands in the Pacific."We do not accept the legitimacy of what China announced," Carney repeatedly told reporters during a midday press conference.

Vice President Joe Biden will carry the same message to political leaders during his trip this week to Japan, China and South Korea, Carney said. Biden is scheduled to visit with top Chinese leaders on Wednesday.Obama's apparently firm stand may solidify weakening U.S. alliances in the region, and may deter further Chinese advances.China declared Nov. 23 that its national air-defense zone stretched out into the international airspace, and demand that all aircraft notify Chinese authorities of their intention to fly through the airspace.

Obama's stance may also lead to high-stakes clash in the region."These kinds of provocations create risks of miscalculation"¦ we don't accept the legitimacy of what China announced," Carney said.

China's government told aircraft that they should identify themselves as they pass through the large region in the area between China's coast, Taiwan and a few small uninhabited islands at the southern end of the Japanese archipelago. The area has long been viewed as international airspace, despite their ownership by a Japan person and now by Japan's government.

On Nov. 30, Obama's government directed U.S. airlines to stay away from the airspace or else comply with China's demands for pre-flight notification and in-flight identification.The White House's directive "in no way indicates the U.S. accepts .. the legitimacy of China's requirements," Carney said. The decision was "about the safety and security of [airline] passengers," he said.

China's declaration is part of the the country's effort to expand its control over the waters and underwater oil resources that stretch south-east from China's coast towards Singapore. For example, China is building up its long-range air forces and missile armory, its ocean-going navy, and even its ability to find Chinese ships that sank in the waters centuries ago.

China's claims clash with the long-existing territorial lines maintained by Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan, the Philippines and Borneo.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
China today is the world threat that Japan was in 1910.

wodoo1

Thanks god. No nazism is allowed in China . Otherwise they will rule with a small "elite" group Indian to kill the most of Indian

bennedose

Does anyone know what is the approximate area of the ADIZ?

I noticed that the Chinese east coast is in a crowded place. Japan and South Korea are just 800 km away. The water too is very shallow and does not appear to offer much place for subs to hide deep.

No point having an ADIZ unless you are willing to shoot down intruding aircraft. On the other hand, with China's controlled press they can simply deny that overflights/intrusions are taking place and not shoot anything down. Everyone will be happy. Business as usual.

bose

Country flag
Thanks god. No nazism is allowed in China . Otherwise they will rule with a small "elite" group Indian to kill the most of Indian
Fascism is allowed in China...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles