A bill to declare Pakistan 'state sponsor of terrorism' introduced by US Lawmakers

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
From an official press release.
CHAIRMAN POE INTRODUCES THE PAKISTAN STATE SPONSOR OF TERRORISM DESIGNATION ACT
Sep 20 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Today, Congressman Ted Poe (TX-02), the Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Terrorism, along with Congressman Dana Rohrabacher (CA-48), introduced H.R.6069, the Pakistan State Sponsor of Terrorism Designation Act.
Chairman Poe: “Not only is Pakistan an untrustworthy ally, Islamabad has also aided and abetted enemies of the United States for years. From harboring Osama bin Laden to its cozy relationship with the Haqqani network, there is more than enough evidence to determine whose side Pakistan is on in the War on Terror. And it’s not America’s. This bill will require the Administration to formally answer this question. The President must issue a report within 90 days of passage detailing whether or not Pakistan has provided support for international terrorism. Thirty days after that, the Secretary of State must issue a follow-up report containing either a determination that Pakistan is State Sponsor of Terrorism or a detailed justification as to why Pakistan does not meet the legal criteria for designation. It is time we stop paying Pakistan for its betrayal and designate it for what it is: a State Sponsor of Terrorism.”
Permalink: http://poe.house.gov/2016/9/chairma...an-state-sponsor-of-terrorism-designation-act

@rock127 @Tshering22 @indiatester @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Yusuf

Bharat Ek Khoj

I read the tweet by Poe, but won't be excited until it actually happens.
I'm not sure if its is true , but someone tweeted that even india hasn't passed such resolution to declare pakistan a sponsor of terrorism, how can we expect from USA.

Neo

Isn't is like the 100th time the Indian agents Teddy Poo and Dana Rohrabacher have introduced an anti-Pakistan bill? :pound:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I read the tweet by Poe, but won't be excited until it actually happens.
I'm not sure if its is true , but someone tweeted that even india hasn't passed such resolution to declare pakistan a sponsor of terrorism, how can we expect from USA.
For USA, they are just trying to impress and pull us more in their block. Plus it's their internal law, for international level, we will have to wait and try for longer (though pakis will make it easier for sure).
Once, pakistan is declared such a state diplomatic pressure on India which prevents us from conducting any military adventure or surgical strikes in retaliation to terror strikes, what was mentioned in last line of this post:
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...de-pak-possibility.72705/page-14#post-1204975
BTW, your main question:
but someone tweeted that even india hasn't passed such resolution to declare pakistan a sponsor of terrorism
Absolutely, for that GoI needs balls to handle international pressure.

And even if they have balls, left is always there for keeping their Goodwills with lovely neighbors.
For passing such a bill, GoI needs at least 2/3rd (around 365) supports to edit the constitution but congis gifted them strategic opportunities and assets when they were there in power.:biggrin2:

I'm just waiting for statements of CPM, ManiShankar Aiyar and Burkha Dutt.

Neo

Isn't that enough reason to shut mouth up when your agents are useless?:taunt:
We don't need to waste time, money or effort on agents as long as US is stuck in Afghanistan.
No country know better than Pakistan or Israel how to play they yanks. :cool3:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We don't need to waste time, money or effort on agents as long as US is stuck in Afghanistan.
Comparing pakistani and Israeli foreign policy.:pound:
Let me discuss how many countries you both have reached at first place.
Moreover, Israelis at least managed to draw out their interests,
What pakistan got in play with yanks?:biggrin2:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Pakis are rapechild of terrorists like Bin Qasim and Ghaznavi so this make sense.

The children of terrorists are terrorists. By terrorists i mean Jihadis.

Neo

Comparing pakistani and Israeli foreign policy.:pound:
Let me discuss how many countries you both have reached at first place.
Moreover, Israelis at least managed to draw out their interests,
What pakistan got in play with yanks?:biggrin2:
You obviously have zero understanding of how US is dependant on Pakistan for a prolonged stay in Afghanistan.

When the Soviets invaded Kabul, Pakistan was serving one of the worst US led sanctions for our nuclear program. Yet we made them clear a waiver, reinstate military aid and turn a blind eye and developed the bomb.
Now its the US stuck in Kabul and during the previous congressional hearing two weeks ago the US was advised against any further sanctions because it will hurt their interests more than Pakistan which will he further pushed towards China and Russia.

No one is comparing our foreign policies with Israel but both countries know better than anyone else how to deal with the Americans.

Good luck with Teddy Poo and the Yahudi agent from California. Nothing will happen. :wave:

porky_kicker

Country flag
really :biggrin2:
u might want to ask the opinion of the thousands of pakis both civilian and military who died due to US drone/heli attacks . :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You obviously have zero understanding of how US is dependant on Pakistan for a prolonged stay in Afghanistan.
You have zero understanding that if Afghanistan comes under umbrella of strategic partner of US, you are obviously to get dumped (and if you are going to say what I'm expecting from you that India will also get dumped, I don't guess that I will have to recite history or present to tell you about track record of Indian Policy and position:biggrin2:).

And I have no problem in agreeing that pakistan is geographically important ally sharing border with 4 strategically important Nations, Afghanistan, China, Iran and India.

In fact, being the easiest way to access Iran and central Asia, you are important for India too. but since you are not letting us access even after getting MFN, I don't think we have any reason for not making your nation insignificant.

porky_kicker

Country flag

When the Soviets invaded Kabul, Pakistan was serving one of the worst US led sanctions for our nuclear program. Yet we made them clear a waiver, reinstate military aid and turn a blind eye and developed the bomb.
Now its the US stuck in Kabul and during the previous congressional hearing two weeks ago the US was advised against any further sanctions because it will hurt their interests more than Pakistan which will he further pushed towards China and Russia.

No one is comparing our foreign policies with Israel but both countries know better than anyone else how to deal with the Americans.

Good luck with Teddy Poo and the Yahudi agent from California. Nothing will happen. :wave:
delusional pakistani :biggrin2:

using pretty words dont change the narrative. fact is US used paki as a toilet paper for their own needs, end result pakis still stinking till date .

as for china pakis dont need any pushing since ur firmly in their gasp since last 40 years.now pakis cant take a breath without chinese permission/guidance .

as for russia, lol keep on dreaming just like a paki basket ball team visiting Israel is taken as a sign of blossming paki israeli relationship.
u guys r really nuts.

though personally a small part of me respects u since u have the guts to post here, unlike majority of pakis who r cowards.

Last edited:

Scarface

The only thing Pakistani's got out of the US is food grains to go along with the Pakistani delicacy of Grass which they eat to build their nukes

Huh,not a bad deal if you ask me.

sukhish

US will never declare pakistan as state sponsor terror period, people stop doing mental masturbation. Uncle is very clever.

Reactions: Neo

Neo

You have zero understanding that if Afghanistan comes under umbrella of strategic partner of US, you are obviously to get dumped (and if you are going to say what I'm expecting from you that India will also get dumped, I don't guess that I will have to recite history or present to tell you about track record of Indian Policy and position:biggrin2:).
And this is where you are wrong. America can not be trusted. If you think you will get same respect and treatment from Washington as UK, Japan or Australia get, you're naive. Like it or not, you are important to US as long as you serve their interests, I.e. contain China and keep a check on PLAAN in IOR. America will never support you against any other nation in the region, specially not Pakistan where they have vested interests. Don't forget that your biggest strength is your size and in time you may use your weight to challenge US and this is where they will need Pakistan.
American lawmakers can cry and introduce hundreds of laws, there will be no crippling sanctions on Pakistan as long they're in Kabul.

All previous sanctions failed the purpose they were meant for. Pakistan came stronger after each and every sanction or embargo. This is what the Congress was told two weeks ago.

And I have no problem in agreeing that pakistan is geographically important ally sharing border with 4 strategically important Nations, Afghanistan, China, Iran and India.
Agreed.

In fact, being the easiest way to access Iran and central Asia, you are important for India too. but since you are not letting us access even after getting MFN, I don't think we have any reason for not making your nation insignificant.
Neither side is sincere about solving our issues. PA usually gets the blame for sabotaging the peace process but your military is not much different. India has stronger civil institutions and once you are at peace with Pakistan, it will be damn hard to convince the taxpayer why you need 50, 75, 100 billion or more dollars for defence.

Neo

@Neo my friend, this is what I call,
"You nailed it really."
:p
No need to tag me, I don't bother to check posts of ignored trolls. I am happy whatever he said made your day and you enjoy licking his arse publicly.

praneet.bajpaie

No need to tag me, I don't bother to check posts of ignored trolls. I am happy whatever he said made your day and you enjoy licking his arse publicly.
Wow a Paki talking about public ass licking. lol

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles