8 glasses of water a day, nonsense!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A medical practitioner has argued that the recommendation to drink six to eight glasses of water a day to prevent dehydration "is not only nonsense, but is thoroughly debunk nonsense."

There is currently no clear evidence of the benefit from drinking increased amounts of water, yet the "we-don't-drink-enough-water" myth has endless advocates including the NHS, claimed GP Margaret McCartney.

8 glasses of water a day, nonsense! - The Times of India

I for one have 2 ltrs of water approx anyways.

People do talk about water being a cure for many diseases.
I remember parents telling me that when they were in our village, they consumed water only in copper "ghara".
There was also a system where they use to fill in fresh water in that copper vessel before going to bed and then consume that first thing in the morning. Some of the old stuff was not without a reason.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
At least 2.5 liter of water a day in Normal conditions..

Over high Wet Heat or Dry Heat areas A Person should drink 4 liters a day..

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
it depends on climate, work, age , body type etc there is no strict quantity.but drinking water is always good.

johnee

There was also a system where they use to fill in fresh water in that copper vessel before going to bed and then consume that first thing in the morning. Some of the old stuff was not without a reason.
Its Ayurveda. I am practising this particular tip irregularly. It is supposed to cleanse the digestive system.

How many times should one drink water?
A certain ayurvedic doctor said: As many times as you are thirsty...

We are advised to drink as much water as possible. However, ayurveda seems to disagree. It prescribes that too much is not good and therefore too much or too little of water consumption is not good. Drink water when you are thirsty. Eat food when you are hungry. Shiit and Piss when when your body indicates.
In short, listen to your body.

johnee

The process mentioned by Yusuf goes like this:
fill in fresh water in that Bronze vessel before going to bed. Drop a Tulsi(krishna Tulsi) leaf into this water. Then consume this water first thing in the morning.

Maybe copper vessel can be used in place of bronze...

Dont place the vessel on the floor or any metal. Place it on some wood or plastic...

It seems there is a saying in Ayurveda: One who partakes water in the early morning, curd in afternoon, and milk in the night will be long lived.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The process mentioned by Yusuf goes like this:
fill in fresh water in that Bronze vessel before going to bed. Drop a Tulsi(krishna Tulsi) leaf into this water. Then consume this water first thing in the morning.

Maybe copper vessel can be used in place of bronze...

Dont place the vessel on the floor or any metal. Place it on some wood or plastic...

It seems there is a saying in Ayurveda: One who partakes water in the early morning, curd in afternoon, and milk in the night will be long lived.
yes should not be placed on metal. In our village (well its a town now), we had these exquisitely carved marble tops, we called them "paniara".

I remembered i had a picture of one from my grannys house.

Lots of teak wood was used in the houses there. The pot is earthen, but in the night they used to put water in a separate copper vessel and keep.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Water intake ought to depend on the colour and frequency of urination !

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Chai Pani di kich na kareyo... aapa peg hi le langay !! Don't worry about tea, water.. I prefer whiskey :D !

Blackwater

At least 2.5 liter of water a day in Normal conditions..

Over high Wet Heat or Dry Heat areas A Person should drink 4 liters a day..
2.5 litre of water with 1 litre of daru. Nothing will happen to you , whether in winter or summer:thumb::thumb::thumb:

+++++++++

Result =========================== Result

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Arunpillai

The idea of drinking more water was that it helps to wash off impurities from the blood.. Keep the system well oiled up..
But i've always drank water only when felt thirsty or needed it.. Seems to work fine for me..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles