7-year-jail, Rs 1 crore fine soon for showing PoK, Arunachal as disputed

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
NEW DELHI: Depiction of a wrong map of India or showing Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir (PoK) or Arunachal Pradesh as not a part of India on any online platform or physical documents could mean a stiff jail term of seven years along with an heavy fine of up to Rs One Crore, says a new law being proposed by the Narendra Modi government.

http://m.economictimes.com/news/pol...runachal-as-disputed/articleshow/52117889.cms

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Wonderful. But this would apply only inside India yes? China and Porkis will continue to show them as their land.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Wonderful. But this would apply only inside India yes? China and Porkis will continue to show them as their land.
Such a law has existed for a while now, it's just the quantum of fine which has been increased. I clearly remember India banning Al JAzeera and Google Maps for showing wrong maps of India in the past. They were allowed to operate in India only when they amended their maps and signed an undertaking. Check Indan map on Google Maps now, it shows whole of J&K as part of India. The extra fine is a welcome move. This is the only language these Chrislamist serpents understand.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place...0xd78c4fa1854213a6!8m2!3d20.593684!4d78.96288

The law (including the older one) makes it easier for us to simply ban websites. So, even if you are say, a writer from New York Times, or Washington Post, we can simply ban the site from showing in India for breaking our law (and now, even levy a fine). It would hurt your viewership and revenue and defeat the purpose of writing articles about India if your content is not going to be shown in India. It has already started showing results :

If he hadn't apologized, this gentleman would have had to pay 7 crores if he wished to go home.

Last edited:

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
It is more important to end the dispute, once & for all by getting back those lands.
Tibet is focibly occupied by China. Tibetans themselves consider Tibet as northern Arunachal Pradesh & part of India. We can show the entire subcontinent as ours on maps but that will not make any difference on the ground. On the other hand, if a few disgruntled elements draw imaginary boundaries on maps, that will also not alter ground realities.

Last edited:

3deffect

Country flag
its really good thing..ppl make wrong map and spread wrong agenda in youth..

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Such a law has existed for a while now, it's just the quantum of fine which has been increased. I clearly remember India banning Al JAzeera and Google Maps for showing wrong maps of India in the past. They were allowed to operate in India only when they amended their maps and signed an undertaking. Check Indan map on Google Maps now, it shows whole of J&K as part of India.
Are you sure??

It doesn't show for me.

It shows POK as neither in IND nor Pak.

I'm using google earth pro in india.

DingDong

Country flag
Are you sure??

It doesn't show for me.

Report to the authorities. Citizens are the eyes and ears of the government.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Are you sure??

It doesn't show for me.

Maybe because you are using US proxy IP or Hola app? try disabling your proxy settings or do a quick peek using another browser with no proxy installed.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Maybe because you are using US proxy IP or Hola app? try disabling your proxy settings or do a quick peek using another browser with no proxy installed.
Oh, I'm sorry, my bad. I thought you were talking about Google Earth.
Google maps is fine and is showing the correct version.

But Google Earth should also comply to these rules right?

Report to the authorities. Citizens are the eyes and ears of the government.
Any way to report this online? Would be very useful for everyone, in the future.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Oh, I'm sorry, my bad. I thought you were talking about Google Earth.
Google maps is fine and is showing the correct version.

But Google Earth should also comply to these rules right?
Yes, all sites should comply. In fact, these white assholes were even refusing to blur out our sensitive military installations, then someone gave them a, well, not so savory ultimatum and then good sense prevailed and now they put a black blot over sensitive sites as ordered by India. Earlier any terrorist group could plan attacks on our installations after referring to these maps, now only the groups funded by US can attack our installations. :yo:

Any way to report this online? Would be very useful for everyone, in the future.
Send a tweet to Suchma Swaraj, she is quite active in responding. OR send a mail through mygov.in OR here are the emails of Cybercrime cells of various cities.

Mumbai
[email protected]

Delhi
[email protected]

Chennai
[email protected]

Bangalore
[email protected], [email protected]

Hyderabad

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Yes, all sites should comply. In fact, these white assholes were even refusing to blur out our sensitive military installations, then someone gave them a, well, not so savory ultimatum and then good sense prevailed and now they put a black blot over sensitive sites as ordered by India. Earlier any terrorist group could plan attacks on our installations after referring to these maps, now only the groups funded by US can attack our installations. :yo:

Send a tweet to Suchma Swaraj, she is quite active in responding. OR send a mail through mygov.in OR here are the emails of Cybercrime cells of various cities.

Mumbai
[email protected]

Delhi
[email protected]

Chennai
[email protected]

Bangalore

Hyderabad
I don't have twitter presence, I think I'll shoot an email. Thanks.

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
It should include all Indo Aryan/Dravidian lands not putting arunachal on the map is fine unless we make it clear that it is a protectorate. It should be kept as a protectorate until China has given up Tibet (but that won't be in a very long time)

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles