61 explosive-laden trucks go missing in MP

bhramos

Country flag
Sixty-one Madhya Pradesh-bound trucks loaded with explosives and gelatin sticks worth Rs 1.30 crore have gone missing on its way to Sagar district in the state, police said on Friday. Sagar IG Anvesh Manglam told PTI that the trucks carrying around of 600 tonnes of explosives were sent from

Rajasthan Explosives and Chemicals Limited (RECL) in Dholpur to a trading company Ganesh Magazine in Sagar. The vanishing act happened in a period of four months between April to July.
Manglam said the last consignment was to reach Sagar four days back but there has no trace of the vehicle or missing explosives so far.

He said there was a possibility that the consignments may have fallen into wrong hands.

Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta said investigations and efforts were on to locate the missing trucks.

"Four police teams had been sent to Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra to trace them," he added.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/rssfe...-trucks-go-missing-in-MP/Article1-586026.aspx

WTF!!! is this a scandal or scam???

bhramos

Country flag
Four of 61 missing explosives-laden trucks found

Bhopal, Aug 14 : Four of the 61 explosives-laden trucks, which had gone missing in transit, were found abandoned in Rajgarh district of Madhya Pradesh on Saturday.

A senior police official said that the trucks were recovered empty, with no driver or helper in sight, in Rajgarh.

The trucks, loaded with about 400 tonnes of explosives, worth Rs 1.5 crore, had gone missing in transit, reports had said on Thursday.

The trucks carrying powerful explosives and gelatin sticks were sent from Rajasthan Explosives and Chemicals Ltd (RECL) in Dholpur to a trading firm, Ganesh Magazine at Sagar in Madhya Pradesh.

They went missing over a period of four months between April and July, 2010, Sagar's Inspector General of Police Avnesh Mangalam said.

He said the buyer was supposed to dispatch the consignments of explosives to mine owners in MP.

The local government alerted all investigating agencies in the districts and others states for look out of the missing explosives and trucks.

http://www.newkerala.com/news2/fullnews-20710.html

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
No it all went to maoist i bet.There is no doubt about it that major source of explosives for maoists are these mining companies.GOI has to make stringent laws for the entities which handles explosives in india and these explosives when moved from one place to others should be tracked by GPS.

bhramos

Country flag
No it all went to maoist i bet.There is no doubt about it that major source of explosives for maoists are these mining companies.GOI has to make stringent laws for the entities which handles explosives in india and these explosives when moved from one place to others should be tracked by GPS.
They went missing over a period of four months between April and July, 2010,

Until now are the officials sleeping!!!!
its not 1 or 2 its 61 trucks. may be untill now all the explosives have been distributed to different states and stored in safe undergrounds......

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Maoists will use these against MPVs, A standard MPV can take 14kg of HE under the hull, these stolen EXPLOSIVE will do significant damage to CRPF Armour vehicles..

bhramos

Country flag
Maoists will use these against MPVs, A standard MPV can take 14kg of HE under the hull, these stolen EXPLOSIVE will do significant damage to CRPF Armour vehicles..
But these Maoists put 50kg approx explosives in a big drum and plant it under the road........ its impossible to a light tank like T-55 could withstand it......... what can poor MPV's do.
i have lively seen the holes on road after explosions...

samarsingh

it may be OT, but please can you elaborate. I myself suspect some nexus between them. Do these maoists engage in illegal mining

Agantrope

it may be OT, but please can you elaborate. I myself suspect some nexus between them. Do these maoists engage in illegal mining
Maoists are extensively used by the Mining Mafia for their purpose.

bhramos

Country flag
they dont engage in Mining but use these stuff in land mines.........

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Maoist and mining mafia are linked to china.All three help each other in looting india's natural resources.

samarsingh

they dont engage in Mining but use these stuff in land mines.........
yes
what I meant was wouldn't the "liberated zone" (that is what they like to call it) ie the area under the control of maoists be much safer for illegal mining

plugwater

Maybe RAW stole it to use in Pakistan :D

Anyway this is some serious issue. Hopefully the security agencies recover all the missing explosives before it reaches the wrong hands.

bhramos

Country flag
Maybe RAW stole it to use in Pakistan :D

Anyway this is some serious issue. Hopefully the security agencies recover all the missing explosives before it reaches the wrong hands.
already they may have reached because these trucks were being missing from april. its already 5months from now.
if the officials woke soon, they could have recovered them. now atleast some of 300 tons could be recovered now, i hope it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles